“Great Home Style Cooking & Homemade Pies”

Dixie Grill & Steer Room
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Live Oak
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Great food, good menu choices.

They have specials every day and a different soup of the day. They have a decent salad bar. One of my favorites is their FGTBLT, which is Fried Green Tomato Bacon Lettuce Tomato with a special sauce. It is delicious!

The servers are great despite this place being busy all of the time. We usually have great service, you usually pay at the cash register and you can order a homemade pie.

They used to stay open to 9/10pm but now close at 2:30pm.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Needed a quick breakfast for takeout. The hostess who took the call was very friendly and helpful. Good was ready on arrival and prepared to perfection.... and, the bacon was wonderful.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling through Live Oak on a Saturday afternoon and decided to stop for lunch. Inside decor was dated and service a little slow, but the salad bar and fried chicken were pretty good. Good thing we stopped by at 1:30pm because their new hours have them closing at 2:30 pm on Saturdays. We would eat here again if traveling through Live Oak, FL.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

We knew we were in the right place when we saw the pie case filled with beautiful homemade pies. We were looking for a local, homey place for lunch after a morning of exploring area State Parks. Real food at affordable prices. Adequate salad bar included with the entrees. My grilled pork chop was cooked perfectly. Finished it off with a slice of pie. So glad we split it because it was a very big piece. Friendly and accommodating service.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

What a great lunch my mother (86) and I had. I was visiting my mom, we had drove 20 miles to go to Nobles Nursery (beautiful) so decided to stop at Dixie's for lunch. It is an old dinner filled with locals and very busy. I ordered the BLT, was made with green fried tomatoes and a lot of bacon. It was the best BLT I have eaten. My mom had the chicken dumplings came with 2 sides a muffin and a mini salad bar for $8. Was also very good. Service was wonderful. I'm from Miami and I haven't had such a back country meal in along time. I enjoyed the meal with mom and hopefully will be coming back when she is 87.