“Amazing Crab Cakes”
Review of The 406

The 406
Reserve with OpenTable
The 406 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Live Oak
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We stopped by the 406 on our way back from Tallahassee. Housed in a cool old building, the 406 seemed like a nice place for a romantic dinner, but was laid back enough to accept all comers, regardless of dress. We sat in the back, in the bar area, had a few beers and the crab cake appetizer. One of the best crab cake dishes my wife and I have ever had. Strongly recommend the crab cakes!

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent food for what they have available. We tried to order several items that were unavailable. Clams sold out. Grouper only had one left. We finally ordered what was available. Prime rib, shrimp scampi, etc. It was excellent food. I suggest you call ahead and verify what's available before you go so you be disappointed. High end restaurant for Live Oak. Worth a trip regardless.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017

This must have been a grand old house at one time, now converted to a very nice restaurant. It has an elegant, old south feel.

I had clams capallini and my wife had mahi. We both cleaned our plates. They were really delicious. They have a full bar and a decent wine list too.

It felt decadently luxurious.

Not cheap, but worth it.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

My husband were in town and went here based on reviews. We are so glad we did. Everything we got was fantastic. Started off with blackened scallops and portabella mushrooms for appetizers. Also got the French onion soup. For main entrees we had filet and blackened snapper. Their seasonal vegetable was zucchini and squash and I can actually say I wanted more (not normally the case for me with these two veggies). Best blackened fish I've ever had. For dessert we got creme brûlée and cheesecake. Again, both amazing. The cheesecake had a cream sauce that was so good, not very sweet. Our waiter was very attentive but also gave us space. Our bill for all of this was $70. I've spent triple that for food and service not nearly as good.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Great food, service and atmosphere. Home made everything. Loved it. Quiet open porch in the back with full coctail service.