“JUST OKAY”
Review of Red Fox Diner

Red Fox Diner
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 12
Cuisines: American
Description: The Red Fox has been a tradition in Lighthouse Point for over 40 years. We offer quality, made to order food and friendly service! Many locals eat here every day - stop in and see why. We serve breakfast all day. Be sure to check our the days lunch specials on our website - our "Burger of the Day" is always a winner. Too busy to come in - we deliver locally, too! Well behaved dogs are welcome at our outside tables. Try us and see what Lighthouse Point is talking about!
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Can get busy. A locals restaurant for the most part. Multi-generational customers, from senior citizens to young children. Good restaurant for singles, couples, families. They all fit in. Basic interior. Clean men's room. Lots of breakfast and lunch menu items.

I got a chicken wrap with french fries. The food was above average. The service was poor. The food took too long to get out of the kitchen. My waitress never offered to refill my empty water glass, and water was my only beverage. When I asked for a doggie bag, she brought me a Styrofoam container that was obviously too small to hold all the food I was bringing home. I had to hail her over to my table and ask for a larger Styrofoam container, which she then brought to me. But she just left it on the table and didn't scoop my food into it from my plate. She left that for me to do -- not very professional on her part. Then I had to ask for a plastic bag for the Styrofoam container once I had scooped the food into it. The waitress should have brought the plastic bag when she brought the Styrofoam container, without being asked to do it.

redfoxdiner, Owner at Red Fox Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

I'm sorry to hear that your food took a long time to be served. All entrees are made to order and are made in the order received. I do apologize if it took longer than normal as our kitchen is usually pretty quick. Concerning the "to go" box. Yes I agree that the server should have been aware that you needed the large box (we have 2 sizes) but servers never touch the food. Our customers always fill their to go boxes. And most people, if they only have one container, don't want the bag but again the server should have offered one to you. I do appreciate your comments and I will review them with our manager and staff.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Everyone was very friendly, starting with the hostess who was able to accommodate seven of us right away,up to the waitress who was patient and helpful with our food choices. Food good.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

My wife and I love this place. We can sit outdoors with our pooch, yes they are dog very friendly. We eat at the Red Fox on average 3 times a week. We typically order a Hamburg for our large Pomeranian. I have the avocado and egg on toast. My wife has the eggs Benedict. Food has always been excellent (why else would we keep coming back). The waitresses are superb. Water for our dog & coffee for us arrives very quickly. They are always packed inside the restaurant so I don't know how they manage to keep the food so consistently great and get it out of the kitchen so fast. BUT THEY DO. Do we like this place located on Sample Road, East of Federal Hwy. in Lighthouse Point? We'll be back tomorrow for breakfast. But a quick heads up. They close at 2 in the afternoon.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Great place to go for breakfast when you don’t feel like cooking or for any other reason. Good food and ambiance. Interesting pictures on the walls of how Deerfield/Pompano/Lighthouse Pt. used to look like.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Restaurant is very busy- had to wait about 10 min to be seated at 9:00 am on a Sat morning. Restaurant does have wheelchair ramp for those needing it. Food was bland, not really seasoned. Cramped seating, they definitely people packed in like sardines, table next to me, I was right handed and next table was left handed and we kept bumping elbows- not that is too close. Food medium priced. Really did not see what the attraction was with this place- or just like us - hungry and stopped in. Wait staff- did not give me a warm fuzzy- " Just Ok, what do you want and then Here is your food"