If your idea of lodging for your get-away is something along the lines of staying over at cheeky Grandma-from-the-old-country's home with ill-assorted furniture, weird smells and that "broom-swept, but-not-so-sanitary" method of cleaning the place, then you'll probably enjoy staying here. If you like when Grandmama serves you a sweaty, warm hard boiled egg with her bargain-find, stale pastries for breakfast, have at it. As a bonus, you can witness her favoritism toward your distant cousin during the family reunion and see how she allows him to cannonball into her little backyard pool over and over, then feel belittled at how she wags her finger at you and scolds you for trying one splashless jump in from the side. She is excited, though, about keepin' with the times by the addition of a cheezy Tiki bar in the backyard where the grandkids like to play. That's the impression of this place. It seems to be run by an older couple/family that lets overseas relatives stay there, having free rein and mucking up the place. The rooms are not deeply cleaned (you'll love finding Grandmama's nail clippings by the bed and she's not so good at clearing out all the sand in the shower and from all over the couch). There, too, was an odd, foreign smell that was so strong we both developed headaches that first night. We had to leave the balcony door open despite the sticker on the glass stating not to do such a thing (uh oh, if Grandma only knew). I went to the desk to possibly switch rooms, but was told to just turn the AC on high to make the smell dissipate. The complaint about the nail clippings and sand all over was met with a puzzled stare. There was no concern over our discomfort 'cause, hey, things are tough in the old country. At first we found this place quaint, but had quickly had enough of their kind of "Old World" charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Lord is located on South Florida's exclusive Gold Coast and provides spectacular views in a relaxing atmosphere. At the Sea Lord we pride ourselves on our friendly hospitality. Our dedicated management and staff are eager to make your holiday the most memorable ever. The good life is here. Visit us once and we are sure that you will be like our many guests who return again and again. Allow us to make Sea Lord your home away from home. We have 47 rooms including 27 suites and 8 different types of rooms to choose from. Continental Breakfast is included as well as parking, Wi-fi and beach towels.You'll enjoy dining and shopping just 10 minutes walking distance. The area is perfect for family vacation, romantic getaway or just your annual visit to Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sea Lord Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Lord Hotel And Suites
- Sea Lord Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Hotel Sea Lord