“TOTAL TURN AROUND”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #20 of 322 Restaurants in Largo
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: Sonny's BBQ of Largo. Southern BBQ at its finest. Slow-smoking favorites like pulled pork, ribs, brisket since 1968.
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Surprise surprise, last night we hit the Sonny's BBQ on Seminole Blvd, and the experience moved up a few notches and so did the bill.

The interior looked new and fresh, unique condiment trays, new booths and this time I had the sweet and smokey ribs, all you can eat and they were perfect.

I made it thru two rounds and my partner had a smaller plate of two kinds of meat ribs and pulled pork, with a few sides, and thinner garlic bread, I think the bread shrunk it was still filling.

Service was fast and attentive, pleasant compared to th past when service was good but the food had no consistency.

Obviously they made some updates and changes... I am finding getting there earlier than the 6:30=7:30 rush has it's advantages. In the last three places we went earlier...the food was actually better and fresher that getting there when it's mobbed.

Pleasant visit and bumped to a four since chains I don't give fives to. They did score well on the health department inspections.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Best bbq I’ve had since moving to Florida from Texas
The salad bar reminded me of the steak and ale days fantastic great selections. The service was excellent and really appreciated the manager was continuously checking on all the tables and seeing if everything was ok and good

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Visiting family in area. I use to live in this area many years ago too and did not realize there was a Sonny's so close. Called in order and within about 10 minutes of the call in the order was ready. So nice and friendly ladies working there. Good food too as expected from Sonny's. Glad a family member was craving their coleslaw or I'd never have known it was there.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Modern, Clean, Efficient, Friendly .

Competent and personable servers.
4 sauces...

Plenty of food all tasty fresh etc.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Place is being cleaned up and entry being remodeled. Salad bar is well presented, nice variety, and very clean. Ordered ribs hand rubbed and they were the best ribs I have ever had, and I’ve put my share of rib racks away in my day. Moist and tender, and the beans and potato salad are to die for. Prices are reasonable and they have an all you can eat ribs deal every few months. If your not a ribs person they also have an all you can eat chicken bbq meal that is moist and tender as well. Service was excellent as was the food. I’ll be a regular.