“Wish we should have gone there sooner, well worth the visit”
Review of Cafe Largo

Cafe Largo
Ranked #4 of 317 Restaurants in Largo
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I've looked at this place for over a year but never visited, I think I tried once before but couldn't get a table for that evening. So we went last night for our anniversary dinner and it was well worth it. Yes it's a little more expensive than other restaurants but we still felt it was great value for the experience. It's a relatively small place so I would suggest booking. We had the pate and charcuterie that they make in-house, definitely enough for 2 to share and really tasty with their home made bread. Then we had the salad that came with the dinner, I added Rockfort cheese to mine and it was delightful. For the main course my wife had the duck breast and I had a special, bouillabaisse with American Snapper, Shrimp, Scallops and Mussels in a saffron broth. Both were wonderful. The chef cam out to see how everything was, this was probably his third visit to the table, and saw I was running out of the broth and went back and personally brought me another bowl of it. A different waiter cam over and decanted our wine and talked to us about why and with it being a 10 year old wine it needed time to breathe. Our waitress was also very friendly and checked in with us during every course. We finished up with 2 Grand Marnier souffles with a separate bowl of the topping, can I say DELICIOUS. It cost close to $200 including the tip, but we were there for 2 hours, had a wonderful experience, left full and very satisfied. If you have a special occasion, I would recommend this place to make an impression on your other half. You can tell the owner/chef is passionate about the restaurant, I don't think I've ever been to a place where he visited the table as many times.

cafelargo, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Merci beau coup, for the terrific review. So pleased your dining experience with us was a wonderful one. And yes,
Chef Dominique is passionate about the food he prepares and when time permits, he does like to check on our
guests and make sure all is well. Now that you know about us, don't wait so long to come back.
Many thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We've heard about this place for a few years but have not been here since we aren't big fans of French food. I did not look at any of the other reviews so as not to sway my opinion. I didn't really find it very "French" so that was somewhat of relief. I had the Chateaubriand which was excellent. Was it spectacular? Not really. Just good. Our friends who have been here before felt it was good but not great. I didn't feel like the dinner was worth the cost. The service was excellent so no complaints there. Actually I am not complaining I am merely saying it was outstanding. One exception is the Souffle. It was to die for!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Second time we have eaten there. Highly recommend it. Had the foix gras which’s was out of this world! Order the grand marneir soufflé at the beginning as it is made to order and takes a while. Best soufflé we have ever had.
Steak at poivre excellent, turbot with scallop purée was one of the specials, absolutely wonder. Everything was better than expected. We had a French friend with us and she was very impressed at how authentic everything was. A great place for a special night out!

cafelargo, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Merci beaucoup for the terrific review. It is greatly appreciated to know when our guests have had a wonderful dining
experience with us. We do our very best to maintain high standards, so you, the customer, may have a memorable meal.
It's always a pleasure and please come again!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Our friend who lives in Largo took us here for a night out. The atmosphere was quite charming, the restaurant quiet and the food superb. Dined on fish specials as well as an elk entree which was absolutely fabulous. The chef visits tables to inquire about your meal, the service was excellent and the personnel very attentive. it is definitely worth a visit if your in the area.

1  Thank Janet G
Reviewed 20 February 2018

This was our first trip to the west coast of Florida. We always enjoy eating at local places when we go on weekend getaways, and what a find this was! This restaurant was intimate and quiet, romantic and delicious! I began with a delicious escargot plate and my husband had the Vichyssoise. Our main courses tasted amazing. I had the chateaubriand and my husband had the snapper special. Our meals were delivered to our table by the chef himself, which was such a special treat. Of course, we ordered the Grand Marnier Souffle for dessert, and it was delicious. We will definitely have dinner in Cafe Largo everytime we visit!

2  Thank Melanie C
cafelargo, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Merci, Melanie C. So pleased to hear you had an amazing dinner with us. Reviews like this let us know we are doing our best work. Thank you again and look forward to your next visit.