All reviewspinellas trailheated poolclean roomsother guestsflat screenapartmentkitchenetteclearwaterbedroomgulf
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

This motel is a real gem we have visited on multiple occasions since we came to look for a house in the Clearwater/Largo area in 1971.

It is still decorated in the fashion of that era. It is well kept with clean rooms and reasonable prices and very helpful staff.

We still come periodically to visit family and friends who live nearby. Keep up the good work and we will not consider any other hotel or motel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
bvmowner, Owner at Belleair Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you for your review! We look forward to your visit next time you are in town.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

My experience with this little gem of a motel started way back in 1989. I live in Minnesota and I had 2 aunts and one uncle living in Largo and Seminole, FL. They lived their working years in Ozone Park, NY. We came from a very large Italian family. In the early 70s these wonderful people gave up cold New York winters and moved to Largo. They lived here for over 20 years, however, they had no children to care for them. That's where I come into the picture. By now they are all in their late 70s and I was the only relative young enough to care for them. I made 4 to 5 trips a year for 20 years. After the first 3 years I moved them into the Barrington a great seniors place. One year my husband came with me in September and because we were planning to stay for 2 weeks, we found this little motel between Largo and Seminole. I checked it out 2 months earlier and was shown a small but clean efficiency room. We got into Tampa very late and we drove to this motel. I was horrified at the room they gave us. Not nice and when you turned on the lights there were roaches everywhere. The fridge was a relic and all the shelves were rusty. I remember bursting into tears when my husband asked me if I really checked the place out. It was very hot and humid and I refused to stay in the room. It was raining and my husband, who was much braver than me slept in the room. When he got up, he asked where our luggage was. I told him they were in the car and we were not staying another day. That's when my uncle told me about this motel. It felt like heaven compared to the hell hole we stayed in. The rooms were clean, the AC worked great, the staff were very friendly and the pool looked wonderful. So for many years I'd stay there and it always felt like home. I don't know why my computer ended up on this site, but the motel doesn't look a day older, very clean, and a great location. I only had one complaint and that is, if you come from a northern state and you are there in the summer months, I don't care how cool the pool looks, it's hotter than bath water. At the end of everyday, I'd get back to the room and stand under a very cold shower. Usually a place starts to show wear and tear, but if anything this great motel has not changed. The prices are great and you will enjoy the 15 minute ride to the Gulf.

Room Tip: There was no such thing as computers then. My husband and I stopped in to see it last fall and it looked like time stood still.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
bvmowner, Owner at Belleair Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you found us and checked in with us. We look forward to your visit with us next time you are in town.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

You always know its going to be a great stay when the desk clerk answers the phone letting you know if you party they will kick you out. Happened one other time in my life and that hotel, like this one, is a gem. I have been in Hospitality for seven years and for the rate I paid for this hotel, in this location, I believe I got the largest "bang for my buck" I've ever gotten. This was seriously one of the best stays I've ever experienced. The beds are comfy & linens were fresh. The kitchenette was great for our bucket of chicken we hauled back from the beach. Our room also had a sleeper sofa. The pool is amazing! Absolutely beautiful!

I promise you this hotel will see me MANY more times in the future.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CalebTaylor2015
bvmowner, Owner at Belleair Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your
visit next time you are in town. Our business also depends on "word of mouth advertising", so please let your friends and family know of our establishment.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Staff was very friendly & helpful. The apartment is great in size & definitely worth the money. Some might think outdated but i think it reminds us of better fammily times. I think I had more charm than any high dollar hotel. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
bvmowner, Owner at Belleair Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Thank you for your nice review. We look forward to your visit next time you are in town.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

This will be our third time to visit this motel. People that come here have been doing so for 20-40 years-so it is very well liked. I enjoyed the owners who go above and beyond to make your stay great. The location is good-right in the middle of the PInellas Bike Trail and close to grocery stores. The heated pool is great. Very friendly guests. And the rooms are kept very clean.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
bvmowner, Owner at Belleair Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Thanks for your review! We will see you soon, on your next visit.