“Just gets better”

Belleair Village Motel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Largo
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Been to this 'old style' motel many times before, and it continues to fully meet every expectation I have. Minutes from beach and shopping, plenty of sunbathing areas, and fabulous pool. What can I say !!

Room Tip: n/a....they're all good, but not telling my fave...still going back !!!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeff P
bvmowner, Owner at Belleair Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you for your review! We look forward to your visit us next time you are in town.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

This motel is a real gem we have visited on multiple occasions since we came to look for a house in the Clearwater/Largo area in 1971.

It is still decorated in the fashion of that era. It is well kept with clean rooms and reasonable prices and very helpful staff.

We still come periodically to visit family and friends who live nearby. Keep up the good work and we will not consider any other hotel or motel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
bvmowner, Owner at Belleair Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you for your review! We look forward to your visit next time you are in town.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

My experience with this little gem of a motel started way back in 1989. I live in Minnesota and I had 2 aunts and one uncle living in Largo and Seminole, FL. They lived their working years in Ozone Park, NY. We came from a very large Italian family. In the early 70s these wonderful people gave up cold New York winters and moved to Largo. They lived here for over 20 years, however, they had no children to care for them. That's where I come into the picture. By now they are all in their late 70s and I was the only relative young enough to care for them. I made 4 to 5 trips a year for 20 years. After the first 3 years I moved them into the Barrington a great seniors place. One year my husband came with me in September and because we were planning to stay for 2 weeks, we found this little motel between Largo and Seminole. I checked it out 2 months earlier and was shown a small but clean efficiency room. We got into Tampa very late and we drove to this motel. I was horrified at the room they gave us. Not nice and when you turned on the lights there were roaches everywhere. The fridge was a relic and all the shelves were rusty. I remember bursting into tears when my husband asked me if I really checked the place out. It was very hot and humid and I refused to stay in the room. It was raining and my husband, who was much braver than me slept in the room. When he got up, he asked where our luggage was. I told him they were in the car and we were not staying another day. That's when my uncle told me about this motel. It felt like heaven compared to the hell hole we stayed in. The rooms were clean, the AC worked great, the staff were very friendly and the pool looked wonderful. So for many years I'd stay there and it always felt like home. I don't know why my computer ended up on this site, but the motel doesn't look a day older, very clean, and a great location. I only had one complaint and that is, if you come from a northern state and you are there in the summer months, I don't care how cool the pool looks, it's hotter than bath water. At the end of everyday, I'd get back to the room and stand under a very cold shower. Usually a place starts to show wear and tear, but if anything this great motel has not changed. The prices are great and you will enjoy the 15 minute ride to the Gulf.

Room Tip: There was no such thing as computers then. My husband and I stopped in to see it last fall and it l...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
bvmowner, Owner at Belleair Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you found us and checked in with us. We look forward to your visit with us next time you are in town.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

You always know its going to be a great stay when the desk clerk answers the phone letting you know if you party they will kick you out. Happened one other time in my life and that hotel, like this one, is a gem. I have been in Hospitality for seven years and for the rate I paid for this hotel, in this location, I believe I got the largest "bang for my buck" I've ever gotten. This was seriously one of the best stays I've ever experienced. The beds are comfy & linens were fresh. The kitchenette was great for our bucket of chicken we hauled back from the beach. Our room also had a sleeper sofa. The pool is amazing! Absolutely beautiful!

I promise you this hotel will see me MANY more times in the future.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CalebTaylor2015
bvmowner, Owner at Belleair Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your
visit next time you are in town. Our business also depends on "word of mouth advertising", so please let your friends and family know of our establishment.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Staff was very friendly & helpful. The apartment is great in size & definitely worth the money. Some might think outdated but i think it reminds us of better fammily times. I think I had more charm than any high dollar hotel. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
bvmowner, Owner at Belleair Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Thank you for your nice review. We look forward to your visit next time you are in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
1.5 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites Largo
7.9 km away
Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel
1.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater
6.9 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
5.1 km away
Chart House Suites on Clearwater Bay
11.8 km away
The Hotel Sol
The Hotel Sol
#1 of 4 in Redington Beach

Been to Belleair Village Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK