“What a Great Improvement!”

Super 8 Lantana West Palm Beach
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Lantana
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I stopped at this property about 4 months ago and was less than impressed, but I stopped again last week and Man, what a difference! I don't know if it is under new management or what, but even the atmosphere is different. The employees were smiling and my room was spotless.
I will definitely stop here next time I am down that way.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

The room was very rundown and rather dirty. The carpet was threadbare, the tub was clogged, and the faucet at the sink had some issues. It was next to impossible to get face towels and wash cloths. There was no refrigerator or microwave. There was a hair dryer. There were no towel racks at the sink. Customer service needs to be improved. There are other motels in Lantana. Do yourself a favor and check them out.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank wab427
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I have stayed here before, but I am disappointed this visit. We have no refrigerator in our room this time. For some reason all the rooms do not have them, and we were not given the choice. Tonight we cannot get enough towels. They have none left. We were given only one hand towel for two people. Yesterday we were given none. Next time I am in this area I will look for another motel. This is my third visit to the Super 8, BTW. I am sorry that this motel no longer has its previous standards.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The customer service representative was very helpful and friendly. the area was very clean.

Room Tip: clean area
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nesta-michel
Reviewed 22 May 2011

My first impression of the exterior of the motel was that it looked cosy and homely looking. However we then checked in through an ATM sized hole in the wall - evidently after a certain time in the evening they close the lobby and serve guests through this for security. I could be wrong but it looked to me like some residents were living there. There were BBQs and chairs outside some of the rooms.

When we got to our room I was hit by a strong stink of stale cigarette smoke. It was a non-smoking room but it smelt like it had once been a smoking room and the smell had lingered. There were hairs on one bed and tiny black things on the other (but we examined them and they were NOT bed bugs or similar!).

Breakfast was good - sealed mini-boxes of cereal and mini milk cartons were provided, along with coffee, juice and muffins, however when I entered the breakfast area I was hit by the smell of musty, damp air. I was therefore glad to get out of the breakfast area as soon as possible. As we walked back to our room after breakfast we saw the Police cruising round, which rounded off our experiences there. Overall I did not enjoy staying at this hotel and was glad to leave. I would not stay there again.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BigFatTourist
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lantana
0.2 km away
4.5 km away
Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach
3.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Boynton Beach

Been to Super 8 Lantana West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK