“Birthday dinner”
Review of Nineteen61

Nineteen61
Reserve with OpenTable
Nineteen61 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 509 Restaurants in Lakeland
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wow this was a great dinner and we were both exceedingly happy with the service, quality, portion size, and ambiance. Since it was my birthday menu had my name on it and they gave me a birthday card at the end of service. Waitress did a great job giving history of the restaurant and explaining the dishes.

We had the cheese plate as an appetizer which I did think was great but a bit overpriced. Then for dinner we had the beef filet and paella. The beef was so tender and flavorful- it was superb! The paella was great as well with huge seared scallops, clams and shrimp. Sangria was wonderful however there are no mixed drinks just beer and wine.

Our desserts were creme brûlée (they call it something different) and tres leches. We both agreed the brûlée was out of this world crazy good the tres leches was good but in comparison couldn’t compare to the brûlée.

Outside is cute but this is on a busy street so you can hear cars go by (though they do their best to screen off the street and noise). Inside is small but lovely, very tasteful and romantic. Hands down best food I have ever eaten in Lakeland and it compares to the best restaurants in Tampa and Orlando area. I do think it’s a bit pricey but I will go back for special occasions and can’t wait to try the Sunday brunch!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

When people ask us where our favorite restaurants are, this is the name that is always at the top of the list. It is just a few blocks from our house and is one of our "go-to" places for special occasions.

The presentation of their food is phenomenal, as is the food itself. One of the times we were here we had made a note on the reservation that it was my wife's birthday and when we arrived we were given menu's that had "Happy Birthday Angie" printed on the top. Very classy touch.

The menu changes slightly every time we go, but definitely do yourself a favor and get a meat and cheese tray. They serve acorn-fed pork from a local farmer that has a unique flavor, and their goat cheese is delivered fresh as well from a local source.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We (myself and some friends) dined at Nineteen Sixty One the other night. It was recommended by one of my dining partners. I have read the reviews and agree that this could be a very romantic experience and the service and food quality was right up there with the best of them, but there were a few things that missed the mark for me.

First, there is only wine and beer. They mix up great Jalapeño Margaritas, but they are wine based, not the real thing. Wine selection is good, a bit pricy for the pour, but good quality. Price was also a bit off the mark. Our average per seat was $112, a number I felt was more than warranted for what we had selected.

There is dining al fresco, in a lovely courtyard. Reservations are recommended.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Stopped here for brunch a few Sundays ago. Make sure you make a reservation. I was told this place was voted one of the most romantic restaurants in America but to be honest, it's small and crowded on the inside but if the weather is nice the outdoor area is nicer. The service was nice and attentive but the delay in receiving the meal was a bit disappointing. When the food finally arrived it was excellent. Bring your wallet you'll need it.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

This place is fantastic. The staff are warm & friendly, the venue is lovely, very romantic.
I had the octopus which was superb, I tried the brussel sprouts which were delicious.

On Sunday I tried the waffles & fried chicken that too was great.

Certianly worth a trip or two if you are in town.

1  Thank Pholpheist