See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Cheaper hotel in area, hotel has a lounge/bar, no food, room was ok, I stayed traveling for work, I wouldn't stay with my family, but for myself working, cold a/c, bed ok,so I would stay again. Easy on and off I4

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Ramada L, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

We are pleased to know that you would return to our hotel. We are located within walking distance to all major shopping and dinning.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Our stay was very pleasant. Rooms were clean and order free. It was quite so we slept well. Breakfast was excellent for the price. Staff in check in and check out were very helpful and fast. Room service was also very good.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ramada L, Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

We appreciate your review and returning business.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here (as Lakeland locals) after hurricane Irma as it was the only one that was cheap and had rooms on short notice. This place is the worst hotel anywhere I have ever stayed. We started off in one room only to find the ac leaked water from the ceiling and the floor (and on the lounge chair on it/below that spot) was soaked. A corner of one of the beds was obviously broken as well. My son’s socks got wet from running around. We asked for another room and were told there were none available but suddenly when we demanded a refund with the argumentative front desk clerk so we could go elsewhere, a new room suddenly became open. Speaking to a manager was impossible as she constantly disappeared and didn’t seem to give a rats butt about customer service or any issues. We constantly had to track her (or the “concierge” who lacked hospitality of any kind) down. So there we went, to another room on another floor hoping for a better stay. Guess what? Yet again water was leaking from somewhere and the entire foyer in front of the bathroom was soaked. We constantly had to ask for new towels to put on the floor and still had to avoid getting socks and bare feet wet. Being exhausted and just wanting hot showers after 4 days of no power at home, and no other hotels being available, we stayed for three days. The whole hotel seems to have a leak problem and rooms smell musty and moldy. Both my son and I were sick so this didn’t help at the time. Other than that it was reasonably clean. The reusable filters in the coffee pot looked old and badly stained and needed replaced. Hallways were warm and constantly smelled of cat litter though they don’t allow pets. hotel staff is short and lacking enough employees, as upon checking in there was a huge line and a long wait for the workmen there to help restore power who had traveled far and were tired. This became more evident when late one night workmen from out of state piled into the hotel to check in and the lobby was full for a good while with one person manning the front desk. Housekeeping staff as well were few and hard to find, and while they’d provide what you asked for (if you could, again, track down someone), you were lucky if you were understood because they barely spoke English. This hotel is rundown and poorly run period. It’s not even worth the $94 a night we paid and not to mention the (refundable) $100 deposit. This hotel badly needs new management and an upgrade (as well as more staff) as it’s just fairly dirty. Seems like they’re in it more for money than guest satisfaction. We only dealt with it because it was our only option and closest to home we could get on short notice, and even with a generator at home the Florida heat became unbearable. I wouldn’t recommend anyone stay here, so I don’t understand the reviews that call it a great place to stay. I’d rather sleep in my car.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

While we are unhappy to hear your stay was less that you expected. You did state you were a local and were here during a NATURAL DISASTER. Yes, the hotel as most all buildings did suffered some water issues during the hurricane. Yes, the hotel was completely full and as such had NO available rooms as literally thousands of families were evacuating. No, we do not typically accept pets in this hotel however, during a NATIONAL STATE OF EMERGENCY we of course open up the hotel to pets as was mandated by Govenor Rick Scott. We were able to maintain a small staff on property during the hurricane to assist guests.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

If cost is a paramount consideration, I guess it’ll do. But this was a pretty rough stay. Nothing was horribly wrong, just everything about the accommodations felt bargain basement. But at the price point, I guess I shouldn’t complain (though for $100/night, I would expect more, this felt like a $50/night place). It was a bit cheaper than most of what was available. While they generally try to keep the place up, everything is old and dingy and needs to be renovated. Why anyone still uses two double beds is beyond me; so tiny. Pillows were like odd accent pillows for a couch. They always left only two towels for the four in the room. Bathroom faucet was operational but loose. At least the staff was fine, to their credit. Next time we’re through, I’ll spend a little extra for a nicer place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ramada L, Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Your concerns and comments are very important to us. You will be happy to know that while many areas of the hotel have received upgrades and improvements there are many more item are on the list. You direct comments regarding the bed size will be forwarded to the appropriate manager. In addition to that all linens including pillow are ordered using the Brand Specific Requirements. We appreciate all our guests and do hope you will give us another chance.
Management