See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I stayed at this property and I was amazed. The rooms were completely renovated and the area was nice and quiet. The restaurant next door was helpful also. The staff was super friendly, and the Owners are also super friendly. Great place and I will recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We were on our way home going through Lake Wales when we decided to stop at the Sizzling Grill which is part of the Green Gables Inn. It was one of the best dinner we had and since it was late and we had few drinks, we just decided to stay the night at the Inn. We were given one of their newly renovated room with the Flat screen TV. Had a very restful night and although the breakfast was limited , it was free so we appreciated that. We will definitely eat and stay here again when we pass through next time

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tampa2003
Reviewed 28 May 2017

My son came down to help me close on my home and move with my little Corgi from Tampa to South Florida. After staying at a rather seedy motel in not the best part of town (it was "Spring Break" weekend and the only thing we could find) while wrapping up my rather stressful business, we decided to drive half way across state, stop for a few days to wind down, and celebrate his birthday before completing our trip. Though we called last minute, we found a sweet deal at the "Green Gables Inn" at Lake Wales, an unpretentious but clean, pleasant, comfortable and reasonable motel with all the usual amenities--a small refrigerator, microwave, WiFi, T.V., phone, ironing board, as well as recently renovated bath with granite counter top sink, even a small patio off the large main room. The office area had a "cafe" with tables and chairs, complimentary coffee, and other goodies available for purchase. The Inn is near the Bok Tower, famous for its carillon concerts, estate and grounds, and we did their delightful tour. It is also close to several good restaurants. A birthday dinner at L'Incontro was top notch, the very popular Sizzling Grill fed us amply as well, as did the landmark Lake Wales Family Restaurant, very good for everyday fare. I felt entirely at ease leaving my little dog in the unit when we went out, as it was quiet, peaceful, and soothing. We found our three day stay to be an oasis of calm in the midst of a difficult transition and will always look upon our stay there with gratitude. It isn't the Taj Mahal, but after our two prior nights in Tampa at a dark and dreary Days Inn, I reiterate my son's words on walking into our new "digs"--"Wow! This is a palace in comparison."

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank revbru
LAKESIDERESORTFL, Front Office Manager at Green Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the TripAdvisor Guest Satisfaction Survey regarding your recent stay at our Inn. We very much appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we try very diligently to continually improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for each of our guests. It is always such a pleasure to receive positive feedback! Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Kindest Regards,
Molly

Reviewed 7 March 2017

As I see others have said, the only saving grace of this place is that the beds seem to be clean. From the moment you walk into the lobby, you are greeted with an overpowering smell of stale cigarettes and a pleasant woman behind the counter, who seems oblivious to the odor. Once checked in (which, despite entering all of the information online, must be done - slowly - again). The room is interesting - several lamps but none seem to have more than a 20 watt bulb, so prepare to be in a dim room. The room, which was designated non-smoking, smelled of cigarettes and curry - an odd combination that assaulted one's senses. I was thirsty and went to get some water from the sink, but was so taken aback by the smell and taste of the water (open raw sewage describes it best) I could not satisfy my thirst. Wifi is OK, but slow. The bed linens seemed clean, but the pillows and mattress are clearly 30-40 years old...Jimmy Buffett sang that he wished he could sit upon a bed in some motel to listen to the stories it would tell...I have no such desire in this room, I can assure him.
Cut to the first morning - shower is barely a trickle of water that magically changes from boiling to freezing at random intervals. The shower water also had the same odor as the sink - so showering in a hot/cold trickle of raw sewerage was less than delightful.
Free breakfast? White bread, oatmeal cups and instant coffee.
I realize Lake Wales isn't a major tourist destination, and that there are few hotel choices. This may be the best - but it is worse than many I stay in when in South America, and those can be pretty rough.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Scott I

Thank you for taking the time to complete the TripAdvisor Survey.On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
We hope that you will consider staying with us again so we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Kindest Regards.
Molly

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Stayed off and on for 3 weeks in spring of 2015. Place was aged and shabby but the room was clean and well kept. The air conditioning worked well as did the shower. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. Parking was excellent for my car and boat. I had access to power to charge the batteries on my boat. Only complaint was that the laundry room was atrocious. Machines worked but room was extremely run down and dirty and no deceit place to sit while waiting. Have reservations for 10 days in March and April. Would recommend this place for anyone wanting a good place to stay without paying an arm and leg. Looked at cheaper places in the vicinity and they were totality filthy and disgusting .

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are more convenient.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family