“Great fun!”

Alligator Cove Airboat Nature Tours
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Lake Wales
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visit the Headwaters to the Everglades, with 6 passenger airboat into marshlands and waters of the Famous Kissimmee Basin. View alligators big and small, birds in abundance and all the wildlife that lives here. Stories told, history, time for photos and laughter too. Be taken back in time to Florida's natural state, with NO HOMES TO VIEW on this trip, just nature as it should be, up close and personal.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Captain Dee was very helpful in arranging our tour and fitted us in at the last moment. The boat contained 6 people so we all had a great view, Captain Darald was very entertaining and informative. We enjoyed hunting for gators and the fast bits on the boat, as good as any roller coaster! The trip lasted for over 2 hours. They both really put themselves out so you have a good time. Print yourselves a good map and follow the directions on the website, we had directions from google maps and got lost getting there three times!

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

London Ontario Canada
“5/5 rating for this wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Recently I took a trip to Florida with a group of girlfriends. The highlight for me was taking the trip with Captain Darald! His wife Dee, was so helpful and accomodating and went out of her way to make us all feel at home. Darald was a wealth of knowledge and this was no mere ride on an airboat!.... We learned more in that 2 hour trip then I ever imagined, and not just about alligators. There were eagles, hawks and a bird from Mexico !,We even learned about the different trees vegetation snails you name it! He knew exactly where to go to find the alligators.. I wish I could remember everything we were taught. I came back wanting to research more and wanting to go again... See you next time we are in Florida Dee and Darald..I wish there had of been a booklet or pamphlet that I could have and would have gladly purchased which would have contained all the information you taught us. The Coffee Beans.

Perry, Michigan
“One of the best day's of our vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Myself and three of my friends took this tour April 23, 2012 with Captain Johnathon and had the BEST time! He was very knowledgable and made the tour so much fun. It was awesome to see the alligators in their nautural habitat. He knew exactly where to find the nests and we were all able to hold babies. We saw so many gators and got some great pictures and great stories to tell everyone back home. I would highly recommend this tour to everyone. If I get back to Florida, will so do this again!!! Thank you Captain John for a great day!!!!

Winter Haven, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

What a great time we had on the airboat ride. The operator of the airboat knew right where to go to see alligators. We saw at least 7 alligators varying in size and got up close to them. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get an upclose look at alligators in their natural habitat. They also told you a lot about the history of the area. I would definately do it again!

Visited February 2012
Venice
“Highlight of the Week!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Education made into a fun and interesting experience - exhilarating and beautiful, as well as a great step away from the usual nature tours. Great for any family!