“Nice tempura”

Samurai Sushi
Ranked #44 of 160 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 12 February 2018

My wife ordered the shrimp and vegetable tempura. I had the vegetable tempura. Both were very good, crispy, tasty with a good dipping sauce. Dinner was piping hot, and service was good. I also had the green sauce mussels. Four very large mussels with a cheese topping and a dribble of Sriacha. These were excelent. Both dinners came with miso soup ( good, but very salty) and a green salad with ginger dressing. The salad was very fresh, the greens crisp and slightly sweet, and the ginger dressing was very good. Not the best I have had, but certainly way above average!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Best food but, more importantly, best service. I am a regular at this restaurant. It's like Norm at Cheers when I walk in the door! I come back time and again because of the Owners and the staff. Always professional but always fun. You'll enjoy the food and the atmosphere at this unique restaurant.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend ordered Yakiudon noodles, chicken tempura, spicy tuna roll and chicken fried rice and we were not disappointed! This is an a first time ordering from samurai sushi and it's definitely not going to be our last.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

The sushi happy hour sheet was priced nice, pieces for $1.25 and rolls $3.75. Wife and I shared a lot of sushi- spicy tuna roll 2xs, worth it. Get the Shrimp tempura roll & Dynamite rolls. 8yr old son had Chicken and noodles-love it.. Only negative was that we never got hot towels for our hands like the 'regulars" and Japanese dinners did? For all or only selected people? It would have added to our wonderful visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I'll freely admit that I hardly ever get sushi when I come to this restaurant, but I am there at least once per week religiously. The reason for this is their Chicken Fried Rice, which has straight ruined it for me, and it's never as good anywhere else. It's the only place I've found that puts big chunks of broccoli in it, and whatever spices they use add something unique to it. It's seriously the best, and I highly recommend it to any visitors. The restaurant itself is pretty great, as I love the atmosphere and the chill ambient beats they usually have playing. If you're looking to grab lunch in Lake Mary, don't miss this place, just be prepared to for a wait if you're doing between noon and 1pm. It's quite worth it.