“Good Stay at Comfort Suites, The Villages”

Comfort Suites The Villages
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lady Lake
Schaumburg, IL
“Good Stay at Comfort Suites, The Villages”
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Suites from July 10-14, 2010. This Comfort Suites is located in The Villages, a 55+ active adult master planned community. My stay was good overall. Hotel staff I met were friendly,and the room was comfortable and quiet, considering there was a baseball tournament about 10 miles from The Villages, and there were many families with young children participating in this tournament who were also staying at the Comfort Suites while I was there. The breakfast buffet was good, and a money saver. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting The Villages. Not luxurious, but a good value for my money. Chili's Restaurant is right next door to the hotel, and there are plenty of restaurants within 5 miles of the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank stdonatus
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Marietta, GA
Reviewed 6 July 2010

My husband and I spent four nights at this hotel. We are both seniors and I called in advance to make reservations and at the time informed the attendant we were seniors and he quoted us the senior rate. However, upon arrival, the attendant at the front desk refused to honor the quoted senior rate and stated that in order to get the senior rate we either had to be a member of AARP or AAA or booked reservations online. We did not belong to AARP or AAA at the time. Reluctantly, we stayed there anyway. Later I asked another person at the front desk about the senior rate and got the same story. I find this odd that there should be this kind of policy at a hotel adjacent to a well-known senior living community. We have stayed at other hotels and was promptly given the senior rate just by being seniors.

As someone else stated in their review, the breakfasts left much to be desired. The four days we were there the breakfasts were virtually the same thing every morning. One morning they did change and have biscuits and sausage gravy but the biscuits were rock hard and could not be cut by the flimsy plastic utensils. The only fruit available was a whole apple.

The room was clean and comfortable. The cleaning staff was nice. However, the water-saver shower head was terrible. The electrical outlet next to the sink was not operational. The beds were comfortable and there was a sofa, chair, refrigerator, and microwave. All were clean and functional.

The laundry has only one washer and one dryer.

In summary I would say that if you plan to stay here you should book online and be an AARP or AAA member. Also plan to eat somewhere else for breakfast. There are plenty of other dining options in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Fla
Reviewed 12 March 2010

We spent two nights here this week because my husband is playing golf with friends. We had a room with a whirlpool tub which would have been very nice until I noticed a definite dirt ring around the tub. Other than that, the room was nice and the breakfast area was very good. Nice staff. Wifi only available in the lobby. High speed dial-up internet in rooms.
We could not wait to leave this area. The Villages is a step into the twilight zone. I'm almost a senior citizen myself but this town is just creepy.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed 15 November 2009

The Comfort Suites was nicer than expected, with the only exception being the quality of paper products used in the room, i.e., tissues and toliet paper. Was also a tad disappointed in quality of shower spray. However, overall the hotel was clean, attractive, the room was more than spacious with two Queen beds, microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Had to make emergency trip to Lady Lake becuase my Mom was passing away in a nearby Hospice.
My husband and I needed a close place to stay for a couple of weeks that was comfortable, Affordable and close to everything.
Comfort Inn was the best- We had a huge kingsize bed, cool cental air, free wifi, t.v.
fridge, Coffee maker, A sitting area with a small couch and a desk to take care of stuff on the computer.
The front desk let us know they have free breakfast and there is a coin laundry and they gave us a map of the villages.
There was a huge Church on two sides of us( St Timothy's was the most beautiful.)
A place to eat is steps outside the front door- Chili's resturaunt was fantastic really good food.
There was also a denny's that we drove to on the other side of the church.
So many places to stock up on things we needed- Publix groceries, Walmart and lots of other resturaunts in the area. (Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans,Red Lobster, Many More)

We took a walk through the Villages Square and looked in all the shops- stopped at a bakery and got fresh bread and then ate accross the street at the salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays.
I cant say enough about how nice the location was and that we are so glad we found the place.

Of couse like all bargain places- It is not the Ritz and we would have like better pillows. They had tiny half pillows. But the staff was nice and we felt great to have this little accommadating Oasis in a very difficult time.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
6.6 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
14.9 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages

Been to Comfort Suites The Villages? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK