“Above Average Condo, But Some Maintenance Needed”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
wimom2016
Wisconsin
“Above Average Condo, But Some Maintenance Needed”
Reviewed 17 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

This review is for Reunion Vacation Homes unit RVH 116, the Grande Star. It is a two-bedroom, two-bath condo on the sixth floor of Reunion Resort’s Grande tower, No. 609. I stayed here for a month, early January 2016 through early February, with my husband. Our adult son joined us for one week.

Arrival went smoothly, and the condo was clean in the important ways (kitchen and baths ready to use, major surfaces clean). Entry opens to a bright, open living area. First impression is very pleasing, created by many upscale finishes, including tile with inlays, granite counters, attractive light-blocking window treatments, and tasteful décor.

Living Area: Large space with sofa and love seat arranged around an approximately 40-inch TV, dining table with four chairs, wet bar area, and large desk with chair. You could pull the desk chair to the dining table to seat a fifth person. My husband and son both complained about sofa and love seat being uncomfortable but I thought they were fine. I think it is because they are both big – 6-foot-7 and 6-foot-3 -- and used to bigger-scale furniture at home. We had problems with the TV upon arrival. An RVH rep checked connections then arranged for a Century cable rep to check it. It was determined that the digital tuner had died; however, the cable guy did get all the channels in analog. It is a fairly basic cable setup (no On Demand). The DVD player in the living room also did not work, so the RVH rep moved the DVD player from the second bedroom into the living room for us. Electric outlet in chair side of snack bar not functional (I found several non-functional outlets throughout the condo when trying to plug in the vacuum and night lights).

Kitchen: This kitchen is exceptionally well-provisioned. The only thing we missed was a pizza pan and pizza cutter. Only other things you might want to bring are a cutting board (the condo’s are beat up), and a large, deep skillet if you plan to do much cooking. Several sauce and smaller fry pans are provided as well as a large kettle and strainer. Some are nice Cuisinart pans. Plenty of dishes, silverware, glasses (including over a dozen wine glasses), larger bowls, casseroles. The sink had a non-functioning stopper, making it difficult to wash the nice Cuisinart pans, but RVH quickly provided a functioning stopper. The dishwasher is not properly attached and wobbles, and also doesn’t do a great job – I recommend you rinse dishes well, space them out, use extra heat setting, check when unloading. Stove, microwave, fridge all worked well, including ice maker. Cabinetry showing some wear but all functional. Coffee maker works but lid needs replacement.

Master bedroom: Large room, comfortable king bed with sheets and comforter, no blanket. Three pillows in cases, two more in decorative shams only (would need cases). Nice furnishings. Note that only one closet is available; the other is a locked owner’s closet. We were here for a month and needed to bring clothes for both cold and warm weather so also used one of the closets in the second bedroom. If you come in January bring more cold-weather clothes! TV about 32 inches. DVD player did not work until I pulled a piece of paper out of the disc tray area. Carpet stained, needs cleaning. Bump guard on back of door loose.

Master bath: Spacious, fluffy bath mat. Eight bath towels, six hand towels, and six washcloths provided in total for the two bathrooms. (There also are some pool towels). Quality what you would find in a good hotel. Nice tiled walk-in shower but slow drain needs cleaning. Outlet by one sink not functional. Stopper in one sink doesn’t stay down. Plenty of hot water, good water pressure.

Second bedroom: Two double beds with sheets, comforters, no blankets. Each bed has two pillows in cases, two in shams. Two more pillows in closet, would need cases. My son is a big guy (6-foot-3) and found the bed too soft, but should be fine for most people. TV about 32 inches, no DVD player as we moved it into living room. More outlets that don’t function. Good-sized room, two closets.

Second bath: Spacious, large vanity with two sinks, fluffy bath mat. Shower backed up; my son used master shower while he was here. Drain needs cleaning.

Utility room: Washer and dryer worked well but take a long time – one hour for normal wash load, as long as two hours to dry a large load of jeans/sweatshirts. These appear to be newer, high-quality appliances with multiple settings; I think it is just how new high-efficiency washers and dryers work. I am keeping my nice old washer and dryer as long as I can.

Balconies: Two, with one lounger and table with four chairs. Beautiful view. Did not use due to cold weather (January is not a good time to go to the theme parks unless you don’t mind wearing being cold all day!) You can see the Disney fireworks from there or windows inside every night.

Other: The Grande tower is a beautiful property, as are the Reunion Resort grounds. Bellmen are all friendly and helpful; I am going to have to readjust to opening doors for myself! We had one meal at the Forte restaurant on the first floor, very good. We ate several times at the more casual Club House, also good. One day a dog was barking on our floor and it was handled by staff security. Another night I could hear music playing at 4 a.m. Otherwise a quiet month. Dependable Wi-Fi; was able stream Netflix with a Chromecast.

Overall, this is a very nice condo on a beautiful resort in a location close to Disney. It is spacious, quiet, and comfortable. I would stay here again. Some basic maintenance is needed – drains cleaned, all electric outlets checked/repaired, deep cleaning of carpets, baseboards, spots on walls. Probably time to replace the dishwasher and the main TV with one that gets digital signals. If you are just staying here for a week and plan to be out at the theme parks most of the time, these things may not matter to you. For example, some electric outlets were not functional -- but most were, so it was not a problem. The living room TV is analog, but it did get all channels so again not a problem for me. If you plan a long stay, you might want to check and see if some of these things have been fixed. I did notify RVH about these items after checkout -- did not want to bother during our vacation. The RVH reps were friendly and responsive when I did contact them about other issues.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Spacious, good location near Disney, quiet, many upscale features
Liked least: Maintenance issues
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing