“Bed bugs”

Ranked #88 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Cape Coral, Florida
“Bed bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

on my first night stay I was asked to change my, because I was told that i could not be in a poolside room with my 2 12 lbs shitzus, when i had called and booked the room Book I t. com told me it was ok because of the size of the dogs. but I was ok with the change and I understood. So they put us in another room in the back part of the hotel the first night when we went to sleep my daughter kept telling me that it felt like she was getting bitente by something, i told her it was probably from the chlorine that was in in the pool and that it probably had a reaction to her skin. The next day we spent it at Universal studios, we got back we went in the pool and then went out to dinner. By the time we got back from dinner we were exhausted, we layed down to go to bed and my daughter said she felt like she was getting bitten again, we pulled up the sheets and low and behold, it was infested with bed bugs, my husband picked up a few of them and went to the front desk and told them what was going on and showed them the bugs and they said, I Quote "we are not Bed Bug Experts" and asked if we wanted a different room and my Husband told them no we dont want to go thru this again we would just like our money back so that we could leave.. While my husband was up at the front desk I proceeded to pack up our stuff and sure enough the bugs were in our suitcases and all over our clothes, thats how bad it was. I decided to look at my daughters legs and arms and sure enough she had bites all over her. Well to make this story short they would not refund my money they told me I had to fight Book-it.com for my refund. I know for a fact that once you check out of a hotel that was boked thru another web sight they automatically get there money. Needless to say, we wound up drving home to Cape Coral at 1130 at night and stripping our clothes off as we were driving because the bugs were on our Clothes. So Yess I want to thank you Seralago Hotel for not only ruining my vacation but also my Mothers Day that I spent washing and treating my Family Clothes, Bombing my card to kill them and also having to wash and treat my dogs for the infestation I would never reccomed this hotel to anyone, just for the fact of the nonshalontley of it all it was just no big deal to the manager, like I was suppose to suck it up and and bear it

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank tlvsgreen1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Polish first
Mandeville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

My family and I stayed for 5 days.
The prices of the food are very reasonable! Room service food is reasonably priced as well. There's a snack shop/bar by the pool, Drink specials and good food!

The staff are Super Great! Really nice! They recommended several restaurant's that were really good!

They have 2 heated pools, This is very nice. Another great thing is the pools are open until 12:00 AM. This is wonderful after you come back from Disney or another park, You can sit by the pool, swim and relax.

They have a movie theater, kids can pick the movies on a first come first serve basis.
The arcade is nice, my kids liked it.

Seralago is in an awesome location! Far enough away from the parks so shopping and dinning out is nice and not over crowded. But it really is super close to Disney, it took less than 10 minutes to drive. Seralago does have free shuttle service though

My family and I checked out 2 days before our vacation ended, I wanted to do something special for the kids, so we went to the Nickelodeon Hotel, My kids hated it and so did my Husband and I. My daughter's kept asking to go back to Seralago! I really wish we had stayed and not left. We could have ended our vacation on a good note.

We will stay at Seralago again!

1 Thank traceyb417
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

Serelago is a nice family orientated hotel. staff are friendly and helpful.
Good location as it is right next to Old Town and various fast food shops. Walgreens and a supermarket are not too far down the road.
Good shuttle service to Disney which is free.
The rooms I agree are in need of refurbishment. I have a poolside room which was good as I could leave watch my children from the room while they played in the plyground or in the pool. The hotel also offers a lovely hot tub and the drinks at the poolside bar are reasonly price. The mini market within in the hotel is good value too.
All in all, this is a good hotel, good location.. staff are friendly, helpful and the hotel is good value for money (for what I paid). Also felt safe at the hotel as after dark you could definately get a good nights sleep. I would definately stay there again..

1 Thank Kaydine
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

We stayed in the Kids Suite for a week with small children. It needs some love. The tiles in the kitchen area and bathroom were cracked and missing pieces. The ceiling material was coming down in the bathroom. The floors were nasty. I made the kids wear socks the whole time. The bed was comfortable and the tvs worked good. I would stay there again if need be but will look around and pay a little more for a room that is more updated next time at Disney. The pool was fine...nothing exciting and no one cleaned up and people were smoking in the pool...yuck! You get what you pay for is the moral to this story.

Regina, Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

Room was clean and air conditioned. Staff was excellent. Breakfast buffet in hotel was good. Lots of decently priced restaurants near by. Pool and hot tub nice, although hot tub could use a little up dating. Flea market close by, although kind of boring.. Old town okay but displayed vehicles need repairing. Outlet mall shuttle available. Good shooping there. City transit right in front of hotel took us to Wallmart and other places for a $4.50 all day pass. Good value and safe. The hotel is not the Ritz but for middle classed people who are on a budget this was a good value for the money.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple