“Good location but average otherwise”

The Palms Hotel and Villas
Ranked #90 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The hotel is distinguished primarily by its location that is very convenient to Walt Disney World. However, it also happens to be right by the I-4, and if you happen to be one of the lucky ones with a room facing the interstate, prepare for a substantial amount of road noise. That's what we experienced.

The hotel itself is average, though clean and in good repair overall. We enjoyed the fact that the rooms were suites (having three kids), but the hideaway bed was very poor quality. Thankfully, we just had small kids who didn't need a lot of extra support, but an adult would have had a very difficult time on that bed. The floor probably would have been better.

There was a nice, good sized refrigerator / freezer together with a stove, microwave, sink, and dishwasher. They didn't have enough chairs for the suite, just two, so we had a very difficult time sitting around the table. They should have at least three chairs, probably four. The pool is located in the center of the complex. It's fairly large, very accessible, and in good condition. We were pleased with it. The clubhouse also is nice.

The breakfast is probably about average, maybe a little above. They have precooked eggs, which don't look especially appetizing, but actually tasted pretty good. They also alternated between precooked waffles and french toast, both fairly tasty. They are sticklers for the bracelets that they give you at check in, which you are all supposed to wear at breakfast.

Down sides for the hotel include the nearness to the interstate--we had a lot of road noise in our room, which was disappointing. If you have a room overlooking the pool or on the side away from the interstate, I imagine it wouldn't be nearly as disturbing. The interiors of the rooms are dated as well. They also make you pay for the entire visit up front, which kinds of smacks of second class operation. The room cleaning service was a little indifferent, not especially timely, and they only had two small garbage cans--one under the sink and one in the bathroom. It would have been nice to have another.

Overall we were happy enough with our hotel, and pleased that it was so close to Walt Disney World, our destination, but if we went back, we'd probably pay a little more to move up the hotel range. The road noise was the biggest disappointment.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, make sure they don't put you in a room facing the interstate--lots of road nois...
1  Thank NampaIdaho
SOSinNC, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your insightful comments. Our goal is to meet and exceed the needs of each and every guest we serve, and I apologize that your experience at our hotel was less than 100% to your satisfaction.

Thank you for recognizing our convenient location and the value and size of our suites. We agree that our accommodation’s, which includes our complimentary breakfast, are perfect for families visiting the Walt Disney World area.

Our resort is located parallel to a major interstate, and, unfortunately, our neighborhood as well as all of the hotels in area are subject to some noise from the interstate. We encourage guests to contact any member of our staff, or hotel management, during your stay should we be able to be of assistance. We have service team members on site from 7AM to 11PM daily, and a manager on duty 24/7, so even late evening requests can be handled. .Our staff would have been more than happy to change the room of any of our guests who found that their room location was not one for light sleepers.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your observations will help us improve our product and service to enable us to better serve our future guests.

Wade D. Michael, CHA, CMCA

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

There were approx 30 of us that came and stayed here. They met every expectation and exceeded several. Their staff went above and beyond. It was a great value for the price. The breakfast was more than sufficient. The room was clean and provided plenty of space. The staff went out of their way on several occasions to provide everything that we needed and more. We will definitely be staying there again. Thanks to the great staff!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Johnyz

WOW!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your comments about your visit with us and our future guests. We are thrilled you and your group had a wonderful experience here and most certainly happy to know that you will be visiting us again. I will be sure to share your observations with our team as to how much you appreciated their efforts.

Thank you once again for your recognition of our staff’s commitment to our guest’s comfort. We will anxiously await your return!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I recommend to everyone this hotel!!! Nice Breakfast and room has kitchen!!!!

3  Thank Juan M

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts and gracious comments about your visit with us and with our future guests. We were so pleased to have gained your confidence and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

My son and his family are staying at the Palms Hotel and Villas this week and according to the website "The two large heated pools, kiddie pool, and Jacuzzi are situated in a lush tropical setting." We found one pool, the kiddie pool and the Jacuzzi. No sign of a second pool. I saw a broken window in a first floor room that was taped up. The room my family is in the refrigerator doesn't get cold enough to keep milk cold or make ice. They have a 2 bedroom suite and neither of the toilets flush very well and my daughter-in-law reported it on Sunday about noon and when I left at 6PM maintenance still hadn't come to fix them. My grandsons were going to the lobby to use the restroom.
They serve breakfast from 7-9A which isn't very long, especially on the weekend.

1  Thank Fotogal1956
Wade M, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your comments. Our goal is to not only meet and exceed the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as we can. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel was less than 100% to your satisfaction.

We encourage our guests to contact any member of our staff, or hotel management during your stay should you have any questions or concerns. The Palms Hotel & Villas has housekeeping and maintenance team members on site from 7AM to 11PM daily so even late evening requests can be handled. We have looked into the failure to respond to your maintenance requests, and have made the appropriate changes to ensure a similar situation will not recur. We have also found the web site that required updating, and have made the appropriate changes to the reference to our pool.

I'd like to again apologize and sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide your constructive and insightful feedback, which will help us improve to better serve our future guests.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Super Nice place to stay, after a long 21hour drive to get there, it was really late after 11:pm I called them on the way there, to inform them that I will arrive late they held my one bedroom condo, I asked them for a pool view and they found one for us, it was important to us because, we want to keep an eye on my older son, when he’s in the pool he’s only 11yr old ,that was so nice of them, they gave us a place in Building #1 ROOM #112 / 1st floor, since I was so tired that was great, I didn’t have to carry all the bags up & down the stars and I had a lot of luggage, when we entered the room, we was surprised of how clean and roomy it was, the furniture was clean, and had nice feel/look to it, the first thing I notice was a large brand new 40in LCD Sony wide screen TV, and a blu ray player, they also have Free Cable TV, P.S went to a local Red box to rent some Blu Ray movies just down the road, that was cool! Anyway, I notice the full size kitchen, with brand new Whirlpool appliances/refrigerator, over the counter microwave, dishwasher, stove, that came in handy, my wife loves to cook, she cooked two dinners there and we saved money too! The living room had a couch that opens up to a bed, also a chair with ottoman, and a table to eat, with only two chairs but it was ok, my kids ate first, then me and my wife, also the condo sleeps six, also had an overhead fan that was nice since I don’t like to use the air conditioner if it’s not that hot, but the AC worked well and it was quiet, the bedroom had two double beds nicely made up, with fresh clean sheets, when I went into the bedroom I notice, a large LG 37in wide screen TV on the wall, how cool is that! Get this, on the night stand there was a ILUV Clock radio with iphone/iPod docking you can play your own music from them, or just to charge them, and it also had a bed shaker and speaker for me that was nice since I am a little hard to wake up, it was very quiet and I slept good the whole time, I asked the maid if all of the units was so updated like this one was? She said yes, that some are, and some they are working on it, the property seemed well maintained and clean and it’s a good thing that I brought my laptop computer, they have Free internet/wifi, also you can use the desk top computer in the lobby my son loved it that’s for sure, I stayed 1week and I and the kids really enjoyed it. They also have a game room where my son made some friends his own age; the staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone was very nice. The breakfast buffet was really good. they had Eggs, Waffles, Pastries, Bagles, Hot & Cold Cereals, juices, milk, Coffee Tea, we saved a lot of money, for a family of four, I would have paid $60 a day from somewhere else, like $360 just on breakfast alone for the six days that I stayed there, also the pool was heated and it was crystal clear, I am a fanatic about clean pools because I have a small child 5yr old, he may sometimes drink the water, he is learning how to swim, they also have a children’s pool in good condition ,and a nice big Jacuzzi tub, that was good for me after a long day at the park to relax, also they have a nice exercise room, loved the massage chair, not to mention they also have a Gazebo with a gas Grill, Sports Court, you can get a basket ball at the front desk, my son did, and they have a large send box for the kids, and they also have Laundry facilities, and plenty of free parking, and it’s only like 6:min from here to Disney World I think just over a mile or so, and they have free Shuttle service, if you don’t feel like driving, what more can, I say! I absolutely love this place, I have paid a lot more to stay at other hotels with no condo just two double beds, and they did not even come close to what I got there, I will positively come back next year. Thanks for reading my revue. ANTHONY
P.S I have read some revues that was negative about this place, I think it is a total lie, perhaps it is from the competition, I know that there are only 500 or so hotels in the area, that must be the case.

Room Tip: try to book building #1 room #112 aaa=**** this room was super updated!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank anthony m

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and your comments about your visit to the Palms Hotel & Villas. We do appreciate your recognition of the benefits of visiting our resort and our staff’s commitment to your comfort. .

We are happy that your family enjoyed our resort and the value that we do feel is offered our guests. We appreciate your patronage, and look forward to your return again! Your feedback is important in meeting and exceeding your expectations and those of our future guests, and I appreciate that you were willing to share the details of your visit. Thank you again!!

Wade D. Michael, CHA, CMCA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
1.9 km away
Galleria Palms Hotel
#9 of 154 in Kissimmee
2.7 km away
Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection

Been to The Palms Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK