“OUT STANDING !!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #91 of 157 Hotels in Kissimmee
HyannisPort
“OUT STANDING !!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We were pleased way beyond what we expected. VERY CLEAN. The cleanest rooms I have been in to begin with, and that excepts pets. No smells from other pets, no fear of fleas, or pet dander.I keep my Yorkie very well groomed at all times, this place was a refreshing surprise. Our Villa slept 5 of us. The staff, from check-in to check-out way above professional standards. The pool, heated and clean as was the hot tub spa. The free breakfast was elaborate every morning. Grills by the pool, stove, refrigerator, microwave all clean for use. Dishes and utensils are in the rooms and clean. Close to all Parks and shuttles on-site. I would stay here again anytime. You made my stay a wonderful and stress free vacation. I would also like to say NO ONES DOGS BARKED at all anytime. We all cleaned up after our dogs also.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are laid out the same. We were on the ground floor in Building #7.
4 Thank Kathleen V
SOSinNC, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts and gracious comments about your visit with us and with our future guests. We were pleased to read that we have gained your confidence and that we will see you again in the future.

Your comments and kind words are greatly appreciated, and again thank you for your recognition of our staff’s commitment to you and your pet’s comfort.

Wade D. Michael, CHA, CMCA
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I travel to Celebration a lot and find the hotels on Palm Parkway to be very convenient to the town at a much more reasonable price than the hotels across the street in Celebration itself. The hotel is located almost at the end of the road, with I-4 running along the edge of the property. Except for the occassional semi without brake mufflers, I did not have any problem with road noise.

The hotel charges a nightly resort fee. This is common in the area.The Radisson and Melia, on the same street, and the Celebration Bohemian Marriott all charge approximately a similar fee. At The Palms, the sign on the front desk says that the fee covers local phone calls, wireless internet, shuttle to the resorts, breakfast and one other thing that escapes me.

The room is spacious with a small kitchenette (sink, fridge, microwave, stove.) There is no oven. There is a separate bedroom from the living area. I would consider the kitchen more of a place to store and reheat leftovers than an actual kitchen. It does come with plates, utensils and a couple of pots and pans. If you want to stock up, there is a local grocery at the end of the street and a Publix nearby. While I was there, they started a "room service" program. It is basically a delivery service with a limited menu. I did not try it out, but thought that it was a great idea.

When I first went into my room, I found several problems. I tried to call the front desk, but the phone system was out for the entire complex. I had to walk back to report the problems. They could not tell me when the phone system would be repaired. However, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the problems I reported (other than the phone) were fixed quickly.

The hotel wireless signal was spotty and almost non-existent in my room, so I resorted to using my cell phone for calls and data. My cell coverage in the room (Sprint) was weak, but passable. At times, my friend had no cell coverage (T-Mobile) at all. The lack of a working phone in the room and no cell coverage from some providers could be problematic for some guests.

Although the room was generally nice, the carpet by the kitchen was sticky and the chair and ottoman in the living room was so badly stained I wouldn't even put my suitcase on it, no less sit on it.

One suggestion that I have for management is that they repave the parking lot. If anyone is asleep in the car, they won't be once you turn into the parking lot. This may have been taken care of already.

After a few days, my thought was to give this hotel a four rating. However, on my second to last night of my stay someone checked into the unit above mine. I could hear every step they took. When they got in, when they left, when they used the bathroom, when they went to bed or got up, etc.

The bottom line is that if you are traveling with kids and are on a tight budget, this could be a very good value for you.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room away from I-4.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stb501
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your comments. Our goal is to not only meet and exceed the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as we can. I apologize that your experience at our hotel was less than 100% to your satisfaction.

We apologize that our telephone system was indeed out of service during your visit, and has now been replaced with a new state-of-the–art system which will better provide for our guests needs. Our housekeeping department has been instructed to take immediate action to improve the condition of the carpet, chair, and ottoman in your room. We do have plans to resurface our parking areas, and hope to have this completed by late summer.

Again, thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and our future guests. Your feedback is invaluable to help us improve to better provide for their comfort.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

My two teenage daughters and myself stayed here in Feb 2012 for our first ever trip to Florida.. We found the place to be a great value for the $ spent.. Staff was knowledgable and courteous; our room was clean, inviting and spacious; the elaborate continental breakfast was wonderful! We were a close drive to Walt Disney World as well which was great. I would definitely recommend the Palms and would stay there again :)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SOSinNC, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Our vision and goal is not only to meet, but to exceed expectations and we are thrilled that we made your first visit to Central Florida a special and memorable one. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts and comments about your visit with us and our future guests. We are very pleased to know that we have gained your confidence, and anticipate seeing you again in the future; It would be an honor to host you and your family again!!!

Once again thank you sharing your experience at our hotel with all of us!

NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My family and I visit Kissimmee typically twice a year. We have young children and family close by and we just love the area. Each time we visit, we always stay at The Palms Hotel and Villas. We find the convenience to the parks and the reasonable price perfect for us in many ways. From the free breakfast for the whole family to the heated pool and jacuzzi, the property is perfect. The large condominium apartments are awesome too. You get a full apartment for the price of a hotel room, which is great for extended stays. I'd recommend this property to anyone coming to the area!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SOSinNC, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts and courteous comments about your visit with us and our future guests. We were so pleased to read that we have gained your confidence, and that we will see you repeatedly in the future. We are honored to have you as our regular guest and again thank you so much for your patronage.

Your comments and kind words are greatly appreciated, and thank you for your recognition of our staff’s commitment to our guest’s comfort.

Fridley, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We were pleased with the area and the room was very good and clean. The staff was very accommodating. The pool area was clean and we enjoyed the pool very much. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure you select a room sized for your family.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and your positive comments about your visit to the Palms Hotel & Villas. We do appreciate your recognition of the benefits of visiting our resort and our staff’s commitment to your comfort. We’re very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our spacious pool under our wonderful sunny Florida weather.

We value and appreciate your patronage, and look forward to your return! Your feedback is invaluable in meeting and exceeding your expectations, and those of our future guests, and I appreciate that you were willing to share the details of your visit with them.