“medication stolen from room” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maingate Lakeside Resort

Maingate Lakeside Resort
Ranked #91 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
whycocomagh
“medication stolen from room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

First of all they will not let you check in even 5 minutes early so if you have an early flight coming in you should find something to do. And when we did show up at 3 we had to wait in line for an hour to check in.
Rooms were outdated and not real clean, the shower heads had some kind of mould or something on them and behind the desk had some kind of stain on the wall.
There was only wireless internet in certain parts of the hotel and when we called to the front desk they insisted there was a modem in our room which we could not find and when we finally got someone to check after telling them 3 times there was no modem someone finally came and gave us one and unless your use to dial-up internet it was not worth so if your there on bussiness make sure you get a room with wireless because you will not be able to do anything.
All this i could deal with but when most of my wifes medication went missing that is when i had to write this review. we called the front desk and they called the police but when all was said and done my wife ended up missing out on 2 days of our family time at disney and pretty much ruined her vacation and the hotel refused to make it right and told us the maid said there was beer in our room everyday and basically made it sound like we were a bunch of drunken party animals which we are not .Well first of all my wife does not drink and can you imagine anyone having a beer on there vacation after a long day at disney (a little sarcasm).
so overall our experience was terrible.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dale f
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Finnish first
Norfolk,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We were due to stay at this so called resort for 6 nights, check in a bit slow, we got our keys and went to the room allocated to us. Well what can I say the first thing that greeted us was a filthy door, dirty windows, and frayed carpet that could be seen without opening the door. Had trouble opening the door when we finally did, I cried, the room was filthy, door frames were black with dirt and paint peeling from them, mould on the inside of the door, cracks round door frame, windows were dirty, dust on the window sills, mould in the bathroom, black stains on the bottom of the bath, dirt in the vanity area, mould in the ceiling light and on bedroom and bathroom ceilings the pictures had damp patches on them. Rubbish in the grounds near our room Didn't hang around phoned the tour operator up and informed them that in no circumstances can we stay at these premises and promptly checked ourselves into another hotel. This is not what we expected, after all suppose to be a 3+ I wouldn't even give it a 1+. I did read reviews but I know some people can be picky, by the way Im not one of those people and gave Maingate Lakeside the benefit of the doubt wish I had taken notice of the reviews and arranged with the tour operator an alternative option before leaving for our holiday. All I require from a room is it to be clean and comfortable and this is not the place

Room Tip: If you want a good room book a different hotel
2 Thank Ruby1230

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Reading some of the reviews I was concerned. The rooms are some what dated. Beds were pretty bad. There were 3 "Adult" pools but only 1 of them was open and this is a spring break week? This was spring break folks..... why did everyone have to pile into 1 pool. There was no one manning the Pizza Hut location when I tried to order and they were delivering an order to the complex. It was a good location and reasonably priced, one particular issue hacked me off. We returned from one of the parks for our 3rd night of our 4 day stay and didnt have enough towels. I personally walked to the front desk and requested additional towels 30-40 min later we called again and requested them again for the 2nd time and they never came. The sad part was that our building was one of the closest to their laundry facility. The 4th night we at least hoped for improvement but the same inadiquate amount of towels were left. Heck they didnt even replenish the toilet paper when we hit the auxillary roll. If I had called to try and get another roll I probably would have not gotten that either. Luckly there is a Walgreens in the parking lot that you can get some if it gets that bad. Probably would not stay here again.

1 Thank Jason S
Clemson, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

They charge a "resort fee" in addition to your cost of stay. Clean but solid 2.5 star. Rooms are roomy with lots of space, fridge. Bathroom is small. Overall it was a 2 star that has been painted etc... to bring it to a 2.5 star. Decent place to stay on the cheap at Disney. Look for MLR in balls on sign near the Walgreens as you head away from Kissimee to find this hotel. There is a Publix, Target etc.. down the road towards the Turnpike and a Winn Dixie grocery store across the street (WD is within walking distance of hotel).

3 Thank imdarkside
Randolph, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

LOVED our stay! I was a bit put off by some of the negative reviews but we really didn't encounter any of the problems other people had. Our room was cleaned every day and towels were replenished, I even asked one of the housekeeping ladies for extra towels to put in my room (based on reviews I read) but didn't really need them, however, the towels are very small...I brought some from home as well based on reviews. Bugs, you're in Florida people, there are going to be bugs, the lovebugs don't bother anyone but there are red fire ants, I did not encounter any bed bugs, I brought one of those Off Clip on discs and had it on all day at pool and turned on every night before bed (again, based on other reviews) and had absolutely no issues. I was not fond of the pillows but that is because I prefer firm ones. Yes, they don't use full sheets on the bed, but all other sheets were neatly tucked and it presented no problems. No, it isn't the Hilton, but for the price you pay did anyone really expect that. Yes, hotel could use some maintenance but I called ahead and requested renovated room and they happily granted me that. Miniature golf course isn't very great but it's free along with the use of basketball and court which my son thoroughly enjoyed, along with the arcade room. General store inside also sold snacks, beer, wine, and cigarettes. Pool by building 1-3 is heated at night and open till 11pm, unlike the pool by the other building, there is no lifeguard though, and I was in the pool till 1am at times. Great thing about that pool is that every night at 8pm they show a movie for the kids, my son, and all the kids (as well as myself) loved this. Breakfast buffet was not the best, but definitely edible and doable at $8.50 and kids eat free, the rest of the food there was good though, and reasonably priced. There is a pizza hut on premise, and they also serve food from the restaurant there which is also available at the tiki bar by the pool (by building 1). There are places to eat right on the street when you walk out like Cici's, Fridays, Red Lobster, Dennys, Crackerbarrel, etc, as well as a Winn Dixie across the street (to buy snacks for your fridge) and a 24 Wallgreens literally in the parking lot of hotel. Only thing I didn't like was that the shuttles to attractions only leave to go to certain places at certain times and the same with returns, BUT that was nothing cause if you plan your day you can make it so that you can come back later if you want from another pickup location since all the Disney Busses are free and you could just take a bus from there to catch the hotel shuttle at a different park and return time. Other than that, this was a very family friendly hotel with lots to keep the kids busy AND happy and feasible options for transportation to your theme parks. My son loved this place, we hung out there for 3 full days he had so much fun and said he didn't wanna leave anywhere. If you just want somewhere to hang with the kids and a clean, comfortable room to sleep in after long days at the parks then look no further, great value for the price. All the staff was friendly and helpful. I am a single mom so finding places my son enjoys, that are safe and comfortable for him are my top priority, and this did it. He said he wants to come here every year for vacation!

Room Tip: If you wanna be by the heated pool that stays open late and shows a movie at 8pm request building 1...
3 Thank jlamruiz