2,792 results
All reviews pizza hut breakfast buffet disney parks mini golf golden corral coffee machine two double beds free shuttle sea world minute drive walgreens pools orlando theme hurricane playground
Reviewed 8 April 2012

During our last trip to Disney we booked a room at the Maingaie Lakeside resort. I would have to say I am extremely dissatisfied with the experience as a whole. In recap. We checked in and got settled in the room and were there less than an hour settling in and hooking up the Xbox so that my special needs child could watch her shows and be comfortable. We then departed for dinner and were gone for no more than an hour when we returned to find our room had been burglarized and about a thousand dollars of our things stolen. After calling local police and making a report and speaking to "security" who notified us that there is no surveillance at the maingate lakeside and going through all the report filing, fingerprinting and other typical legalities we were referred to corporate who promptly told us they were not responsible and that hotel management found no irregularities in their card read if and if we wanted any kind of reimbursement we would need to go through our own home-owners /renters insurance. We were also charged full price for the room and the "resort" fee even after all of this occurred. Now I have stayed ay some pretty shoddy motels in some bad parts of town in my day and never before have I been so blatantly screwed over at any of those places. And here I booked the room thinking it was a nice place that was secure and "family friendly" like their website claims. Overall; poor lighting, non-existing security measures and personnel, easily broken into doors, rude staff and crappy rooms and some suspiciousness directed at the staff at this place I would definitely recommend against staying here.

4  Thank agamemnonx19
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The front desk people lack of costumer service skils! The morning crew seems to be angry. I went to the front desk at 7 AM to let them know my tub was clogged, by 5 pm when I returned to my room, nobody had shown up to fix the tub. Smalls ants all over the room. House keeping did not clean my room one of the days we stayed there. Bathtub was moldy. Overall the hotel is a a very convenient location but it need some renovations and some customer service traning mainly at front desk. Theire breakfast place is good the employees at the restaurants are very polite and the lady making the omelets is very frendly.

Date of stay: April 2012
3  Thank nrios
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed 4 nights form March 31, we were constantly pleading for basic supplies like toilet papers, towels, cups. Beds were not made. Nothing was supplied in the room until you beg for it. It has an apearance of cheap motel.

Room tip: No Comments
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mahmood R
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised. I got a very low rate on this property, and it was not bad at all. We had a room near the lake for a 1 night stay. It was clean and the bed was comfy!

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank QueenBreeze
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting family at one of the Disney resorts. This was perfect for what we wanted it for. A clean room, quiet, AC that works and a great location. The pool was and Cafe were both nice, and we found the staff friendly. There is a pharmacy and many restaurants in walking distance.
Yes, the hotel is in need of an update, and some of the outside areas could use a good scrubbing. I agree with the other reviewers that the towels were not sufficient (fortunately I had read the reviews ahead of time so I brought some with us). You can always go buy them for a few bucks- they do have laundry facilities
All in all, we would stay here again, you can't beat it for the money- and quite frankly, if you are planning a trip to Orlando, who wants to spend their day IN the hotel room!

Room tip: We stayed in building 15- not a great view, but the rooms were clean. We were in rm 579.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family