“Nice hotel near Disney”

Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ranked #39 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Nice, clean, simple hotel near Disney. Sumer was very helpful during our 1am check-in and we got settled in quickly. Only complaint is that our room (2120, on the first floor) was adjacent to the parking lot with no patio or anything separating it, meaning we could hear people walk by and always had to keep our blinds shut.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms right next to the parking lot on the first floor.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mattofcanada

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a bit dated, bit shabby, but great value and really great location for Disney attractions. Large pool always had space around it. Great pool snacks and drinks. Tiny slide in bigger pool. Warmer smaller pool too.
Lovely staff.
Big fridge in rooms for keeping drinks and lunch things cool... don't eat the Disney food!! Take a cooler in boot of car, leave the park, eat your picnic, save $40-$70!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank helenw361
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

I was ripped off by a bait and switch scheme that holiday inn club vacations run. They charge you 99, offer you a two day resort stay, tell you it will be refunded back to you when you’ve toured the facilities, then put you up in one of their old shabby hotels in that city, where shopping carts and microwaves are left in the parking lot, not the best area of town. The room was musty, rug was worn, big gap between the doorway, lock was questionable.
When I told the front desk the stay made me sick, asthma and migraine, and I would be unable to attend a tour of the other facility, the manager said she would take care of it. Instead my charge card was charged for the room, 65.plus tax
I then called the resort tour desk, told them of my situation, and they told me I would be charged resort fees, 300. Per night if I didn’t attend the tour. They told me to come late, just come.
I am filing a complaint with the attorney general on behalf of myself and all the people that are taken, as I have been.
Don’t take the bait!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jackie P
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hello Jackie P,

Thank you for staying and I welcome your thoughts on your visit. I am sorry to hear about your bad experience because of the upkeep of the room and how our hotel staff assisted you with your concerns. This is not how we wanted to provide service to our guests.

I would love to welcome the opportunity or doing a follow up with you. I sent you a private message hoping to discuss and get more details on this. I hope you will find the time to read through it and get back with me soon. Trust that I am also sharing your feedback with our hotel owners to make them aware of what happened.

I appreciate your time and we look forward to having another chance of having you back.

Regards,

Danelle A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 December 2017

This Holiday Inn was close to Old Town and has lots of eateries nearby. The check in was quick and the staff is great. I recommend it especially for families. It is comfortable and close to everything you need.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Terry R
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

My expectations were high in this location due to they are close to Disney. Front desk staff was great, the facilities are nice but they need updates. The real problem is on the rooms, the carpet is dirty and smell really bad, I switched rooms and in the other the issue was the bathroom, it needs to be clean better and the sheets needs to be replaced when people leave, mine smell like they were used.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank bansterref
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Lovely day bansterref,

Happy new year! I'm delighted that you included us in your Disney adventure. I'm sorry your vacation was dampened with the condition of the rooms you've stayed at. Nevertheless, I'm ecstatic that our hotel personnel provided you the utmost customer service that we take pride in.

Your comments are well received and I will forward them to our maintenance team because we want to do better by you and future guests. I also sent you a message via your TripAdvisor inbox to ask for additional information about your stay. We look forward to your response.

Whenever you are in the area, I hope you stay with us again. Wishing you a lovely year!

Gratefully,