“Great 6 night stay”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #40 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Stayed here during Wrestlemania weekend and could not have been happier. I had no issues during my stay. Christina at the front desk got me in my room quickly and painlessly, which was a relief after a long day on the road. She was very pleasant, informative and polite despite her admitted inexperience on a couple issues. To be honest, if she's this good now, she's only going to get better and that is a compliment to the property.
The property itself is a bit aged and it shows in a couple of common areas. The rooms are great though. Comfy beds, cool A/C, good water pressure from the showers, clean carpeting, etc. Definitely not the overblown horror stories you may read about in other reviews.
After getting situated, I headed over to the sports bar, where Ashley was waiting for me and ready to make me a stiff drink. She could tell I needed it! She took one look at me and said, "You need a Long Island, I think". Touche, Ashley, touche.
Miriam from Housekeeping promptly cleaned my room at the same time every day and was nice enough to arrange my toiletries in a tidy little display on the vanity as well. Plus, her regularity made it easier for me to time my visits to the pool bar!
Pools and hot tub were also great and a nice compliment to my stay.
The shuttle was convenient even if it was usually 5-15 minutes late every day. If I have to wait a few extra minutes, it's fine because I'm saving $ on ubers.
Overall, this is a great midrange option if you don't want to stay at a Disney resort and also a convenient transportation option to Universal as well. Had I the time, I might've stayed a few more days to partake of that option.

Room Tip: There's resort fees of $25 per night at this property. Furthermore, your bandwidth on the wifi w...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank knp278
Mara B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson. Your comments have been shared with Christina, Ashley and Myriame and they feel honored to be mentioned by name. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

We chose this hotel based on it's proximity to the Disney parks, free shuttle to the parks and overall affordability. The hotel met all these requirements but did not exceed in any of it and overall I was a bit disappointed. The room we had was run down from the loud AC, burnt out light fixtures, extremely dirty windows, water stained walls with crumbling stucco and dirty carpets. The beds were comfortable however and for as little time as we spent in the hotel, the bed was the most important part.
My biggest disappointment however was the shuttle service to the parks. Yes, they existed but the buses were very old and run down, the shuttles did not run frequently (and only went to Epcot meaning that we needed to transfer to other transportation to get to the other Disney parks. Travelers going to Universal had even less flexibility in shuttle times.) I wish the shuttles returned from Disney later than 10:00 which would have allowed us to see the fireworks and other nighttime events.
On a positive note, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Upon checking in around midnight, the receptionist provided my kids with free candy and milk. The burnt out light fixture was repaired by a very friendly gentleman (after 2 requests, however they may not have entered the first time because we weren't in the room).
One more bit of advice... if you are taking a taxi from the airport to this hotel, it will cost about $65 as there is no shuttle service between the airport and the hotel. I don't know about ride sharing prices.
Overall this hotel was good enough for what we needed and it was affordable, I just wish certain things were better.

Room Tip: Disappointing shuttle service to the theme parks.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank educar12

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Your comments and suggestions are very important and have been shared with my staff for future improvements. We hope to see you back one day and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

We got in late at night, very impressed by the landscape and lighting of the property. Beautiful! All the pools and shrubbery. We stayed in the 5000 building. We loved it but our friends stayed in the 2000 building, it was a lot older it seemed and smaller rooms.. it was not as clean either.. bathroom was a little gross in that room... all in all we really liked the facility! Staff was great and service was good.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Having read many of the bad reviews for this hotel I was more than a little concerned but, whilst by no means perfect, it was not as bad as I had feared.
Our room was spotlessly clean with a full sized fridge, good blackout curtains and a two very comfortable double beds.
The staff were friendly and very helpful and the main public areas (foyer, pools and bars) were fine.

The rest, however needs some work. Whilst clean and recently painted our room and the bathroom were very dated with tired carpets, furnishings and fixtures. The air conditioning was very noisy so had to be turned off at night and the shower was difficult to operate and felt as though it could break at any time. Our toilet flush did break although when we reported it maintenance arrived very quickly and it was soon fixed.

The corridors and public lift and stairwells are in serious need of new carpets although the lifts themselves worked very well.
We did have issues one night with noise from the floor above. Due to the proximity of Disney etc. there were a number of excited children in the hotel who seemed to turn into elephants at night time and were running up and down the corridors above our heads. Maybe when they get around to refurbishing the block we stayed in the management should consider adding some good sound insulation between the floors. Clearly the warn out carpets do nothing to deaden the sound of even the smallest footsteps. We were lucky in that our stay was outside the peak season. I would imagine this to be a more serious problem in the height of summer and, together with the problems with the ancient air conditioning, it could seriously impact on the quality of sleep.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 April 2017

During our stay on two separate occasions 2 different staff members walked into our room! The first time was at 9am by housekeeping and the second time was by another staff member and it freaked my daughter out to the point where I was up all night long with her. I asked for some compensation by management and was ignored and was just told that they would take care of the problem with the housekeeping staff. Unacceptable!!!!!! This hotel does not value privacy!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
2  Thank jenniferjE9543TA
Hyrro M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
0.6 km away
4.3 km away
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
2.3 km away
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK