“Quick stop”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #35 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Quick stop”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel is conveniently located to all attactions and they provide shuttles, just stick to the schedule. Our room had two beds, sleep number beds, one didn't adjust, not functional. Downside - Bathroom was a mess, hair dryer came completely off the wall. It was glued not screwed in. Bathtub did not drain properly, so you'll be standing in a puddle up to your ankles once you were done showering. My room faced the pool, ground floor, nice view. Pools are very nice too. We had great buffet breakfast at Mandolins for approx $9 per adult, kids eat free! We stayed two nights and took a stroll in Old Town approx 2 miles from hotel, great place to eat and they have a great place for ice cream too.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you very much for your post regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. We humbly apologize for the inconveniences with your sleep number bed and hair dryer, and slow draining bathtub. Please give me a call, as I would like to look at your room, and fix all of the issues in this guestroom. All of the issues stated are very easily fixable; therefore, I would like make sure these issues are resolved, before another is checked into this room. We hope that you will consider a return visit. If so, please give me a call, I would like to personally book your next stay with us. Thanks.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2012

From the moment we checked in, I felt we were treated very well, and that feeling lasted the two days we stayed there. My husband and I were in town for a reunion being held near by. We ended up at the Radisson through a great price on Priceline. Often, when I get hotels through Hotwire or Priceline, the check in staff treats me coldly, and gives me the worst room in the hotel. However, here at the Radisson, the man who checked us in, was very kind and gracious, and even honored our request for a king size bed. We stayed in the 2000 tower building, on the seventh floor. The room was a good size, and even though we were closer to the elevators, I did not hear them "binging."
Our room was very clean, and there was no musty smell that others speak of in their reviews. The refrigerator was a good size, and nice to have in the room. The pool area is beautiful with interesting landscaping. The hotel lobby is very attractive and gives an upscale feel to the place. ONE OF THE BEST FEATURES IS FREE SELF PARKING AND THE WELL PRICED BREAKFAST BUFFET. I say this, because I travel often in Orlando, and most hotels with daily resort fees, kids activities, huge pool areas and other features as this hotel has ALWAYS charge for self parking-and they don't. And the breakfast buffet was quite large, big variety and less than 10 dollars per adult.
The only downsides we encountered, which were more of my own personal preferences were:
-We had a sleep number bed. Others may like these beds, my husband and I don't. It seemed hard no matter what number it was on. It was not unbearable-just not as comfortable as I thought one would be.
-The blow dryer that comes with the room is like blowing molten hot lava on your head. I was sweating like a fiend after I was finished with it, and my ear was bright red. If I stayed there again, I would definitely bring my own blow dryer.
Other than that, we enjoyed our stay. The location is great-very close to the town of Celebration, which I highly recommend a visit-a short drive there and you are walking around in a very quaint town with lots of charm and cute restaurants.
I am not sure why people put down this hotel for being old. It is better than many 4 star hotels I have stayed at and the prices for what you get are GREAT! If you just want to stay at a hotel, and not a condo resort(full kitchen, several bedrooms), this hotel will do you just fine.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovelymommy_10
Thanks for your excellent comments and great advice about the Radisson Resort Orlando - Celebration. We appreciate your recognizing the service oriented team that we have in place here. Offering great service is something we strive for with each and every guest. Everybody is concerned a VIP in our guest. Can you please give me a call, as I would like to speak with you about some of the different issues regarding your amenities in your guestroom? Thank you for choosing the Radisson Resort Orlando- Celebration. We truly value your business and feedback.
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Room smelled very MUSTY.....no light working upon entering the room.....then we had to call 3 times for towels as well as coffee cups. The Service was very lacking no one seemed to know what was what. We called and asked for the room to be done in the morning that way we could go back to change etc. again we had to call. Their advertising said they had shuttles to ALL Theme parks and the outlet mall. WHen we asked the front desk where we get the shuttle for the outlet mall they said that is only through the TIME SHARE group. So we would have to sit through their speel. Well needless to say we did not. The pool was dirty and COLD it was NOT heated. The shuttle they did have was late and then only went to Universal @ 7:45 am then back @ 7:30 at night. Only one going and coming back....the only park it wen to more often was EPCOT and I think only because it was the closest theme park to the hotel. Radisson it is time to up date and CLEAN. I have always stayed at Radissons in other areas and this is the most I have ever been disapointed.

Room Tip: Our room was in unit 6000 and there were kids running up and down the halls after 10 pm not a good a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nita1268
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for taking time aside to post and share your comments from your recent stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. It’s very unfortunate to hear about the different sets of issues during your stay with us. I would like to personally apologize on behalf of the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration entire team for those issues. We take extreme pride in offering flawless service and living up to the expectations of our guests. Please note the resort does not offer free transportation to the any of the outlets. However we do offer free transportation to and from most attraction (including Epcot, Universal Studio, and Sea World). In addition, the transportation is scheduled, and a copy of the schedule to posted on the hotel’s website. I do not recall seeing or knowing of any listings where transportation to & from the outlets mall is being offered as a service by the resort. In addition, the hotel has two pools on property, one heated, and other one is non-heated. Both pools are open from 10am – 11pm, everyday. I apologize for any inconveniences for the duration of your stay. Please free feel in calling me directly, as I would like to speak with you about the noted issues from your stay. The hotel is always looking for ways to improve its services and we value your feedback and comments.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This place is basic if you want to stay in a room with a clean bed that is near the theme parks.

The free shuttles to WDW are a bit annoying as they leave and pick up only at certain times. The earliest one from EPCOT was 6.00pm which is annoying considering EVERYONE races to catch that bus and it can only fit 20 or so people. The bus itself was old and unrelaible, one time the driver had to turn the engine off so it would not overheat, another time our bus didnt show up at all!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lee746
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for posting your comments and feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. I really appreciate you taking the time and sharing your views of the transportation provided to and from WDW. I have addressed your concerns with the transportation company that provides services for the resort. In addition, the hotel is evaluating these concerns, and looking at ways better our transportation services to WDW.
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here the first week of April, and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is a bit older, but the rooms were clean, and a nice size and the room also had a fridge which was really handy.
The pool area is amazing, the tropical flowers and landscaping are beautiful. There are a couple of pools, the one pool is heated, and then there is one with the waterfalls and waterslide, which is really fun, and there is also a little kiddies pool as well. There is lots to do for the kids, a games room and basket ball net, ping pong, outdoor chess board and also the pool that has the water slide there were activities there everyday, hula hoop contests, poolside bingo etc. also some days they have free ice cream at the pool which was a nice treat, and also in the evening in the lobby they had movies for the kids. The poolside bar was good , but was a little pricey, like one of the other reviewers mentioned a frozen daquiri is 11.50, and the 18% tip is included in your total. The food was good at the poolside bar and reasonably priced. In the main lobby of the hotel there is also a starbucks and deli, which had breakfast items as well as lunch, and there is also a pizza hut, and there is a gift shop. The hotel also has a restaurant. Close by there is a little plaza you can walk to which has a gift shop, a couple of restaurants and a grocery store, also within about a 5min drive there is a Publix grocery store with good selection. The staff at this hotel were great, very helpful and attentive. I had problems with the printer in the computer room and the lady there was very helpful and printed up what I needed. I also had to call down and ask to have someone fix our room safe and they sent someone up within 5 minutes and the called shortly after to be sure everthing was fixed. When we first arrived, we checked in early, which was quick and easy and they had a room available right away, someone called up within 10 minutes of being in the room to be sure we were happy with everything in the room. All and all I just can't complain about anything at this hotel I would defintely return and recommend it to other people.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Ocean00
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experiences while staying at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate all of your feedback and business. Feel free in coming back to stay with us at anytime in the near or far future. Thanks,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
5.1 km away
4.3 km away
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
0.9 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK