All reviews master bedroom washer and dryer full kitchen hot tub third floor tennis courts time share animal kingdom main pool no elevator two twin beds end unit screened patio super target disney parks great place to stay an older property
Reviewed 1 October 2010

This place is Awesome.
The villa has condos with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a fully equipt kitchen, patio, and livingroom, and washer/dryer. No timeshare pitch was ever thrown my way.
1. Location - The place was close to all the restaurants and gift shops in the main street. and a shot away from Animal Kingdom. Great Location
2. The Room . - Was clean. Bravo on the cleaning crew. The photos in the website really depict what the room looks like.
- The AC was already on, and the room was already cooled as soon as we arrive. (and temp was in the high 90s F when were there)
- We did not hear any noises from our neighboors. so I'm guessing the walls are thick enough. Hurray!
3. The amnities -Front Office, breakfast room and gym are located in the main building, and they open at 8am.
- WIFI is NOT free. $30 for 7 days,
- I wish the gym opens earlier so I could get my workout early in the morning (before the family wakes up), but for my 1st day the nice security man let me in the gym at 6am.
- The kiddie pool was perfect for my 2 year old nephew.

4. Security - Its a gated resort, and gate always had a security guard at night, I felt safe that my car will not be vandalised, or get something stolen. But the neighborhood itself seems safe to walk about at night.

5. Con - The only thing i can find wrong was that the grounds was under upgrade/repair/renovation while were we there (because it was on the low seasons). So the grounds were not in their best form.

6. Extra bonus - There's free breakfast and coffee in the main office every weekdays (M-F). Nothing big, but since we had our own kitchen, i didnt get to taste their breaky.
- For an extra $5, your whole party can use thier sister resort's waterpark. Again, a nice bonus if you came with lots of kids, but we didnt use since this place had 2 pools.
- Free Parking
- No Pets allowed.

7. Overall - I would stay here again. Its a nice, clean, and well maintained placed and very close to disney.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank darvin1023
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My wife, 2 kids (aged 7 and 3) and I spent a week at Orbit One in July 2010. Having previously stayed at Orange Lake and Regal Palms, I can honestly say this is the best location anywhere in the Orlando area. Rooms are large and clean, the pools are clean, service is outstanding. Location is unreal - you have a direct road to Disney! There is karaoke on Tuesdays and a nice games room for the retro video game and pinball player traveller. Rooms have everything! There is not one bad thing to say about this property - a PERFECT STAY!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank HappyDad71
Reviewed 25 July 2010

We just returned home from a week’s stay at Orbit One. We had a wonderful experience and will possibly stay there again next time we go to Orlando. The staff was friendly and efficient. Our check-in went smooth. We arrived early and our villa was not ready yet but it was ready to go by the guaranteed time. They also have fresh baked cookies at the counter. You will also receive a packet of brochures for area attractions so you will not have to pull them yourself. We received a courtesy call about an hour after check-in to see if everything was okay. Our coffee maker died on the fourth day and they brought us a brand new one within 30 minutes.
The kitchen had all the basic utensils and dishes we needed for the week. The screened in patio has a ceiling fan w/light. Both bedrooms have televisions. The master bath has a nice whirlpool tub/shower combination. Water pressure was fine. The washer/dryer is apartment sized and perfect for washing a few things throughout the week. Wireless Internet service is available for a fee. The signal is good and we did not have any problems with it.
The location was great. We were about 1.5 miles from Disney’s Magic Kingdom and right off the main parkway. We were directly behind Shoney’s and a Circle K market. The fitness center is not huge but has a treadmill, elliptical machine, two bikes and an all in one weight machine. The main pool has two water slides and the water was perfect. We spent a lot of time playing in the water in the evenings. The resort offers a continental breakfast during the week but we did breakfast in our villa.
I cannot really think of anything we did not like about this resort. The pool closed at 11pm and it was quiet throughout the night. I had flowers delivered to my wife for our anniversary and the staff called and left us a message when they arrived. The security guards were polite and professional. Overall we were very pleased with this resort and look forward to visiting them again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Tnhurley
Reviewed 23 July 2010

For our first family trip to Orlando, not knowing what to expect, this place was PERFECT! Clean, really spacious, when they say everything is included, everything is included... laundry detergent, to the bottle openner. We appreciated the fact that coffee and muffins were offered in the a.m. espacially for our first morning because we had arrived late that night. Loved the proximity of the pool and the fact that it was opened late (would have stayed in until midnight but we understand it has to close for the people staying close to the pool). Service desk was very friendly and helpfull. It really felt great coming back at night after a long day in the parks... you felt like coming back home... Just loved it!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank as D
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We were at Orbit One during April vacation 2010. After reading the reviews on a variety of sites I figures this was going to be hit or miss. We arrived in the late evening and checked in with no problem. Some of the other posts mention needing to speak to a time share salesperson to get the parking pass, this was not the case for us. In fact, we did not encounter one time share salesperson during our vacation.

Our villa was clean which was my biggest concern with staying somewhere we had never stayed before. In the 7 days we were there I saw 1 insect. Good for me!

I have two minor complaints:

1. The large pool is too damn cold. It's fun for the kids because of the slide but not so fun for adults. The pool in the back is much warmer/ less crowded.

2. The furniture is unbearably uncomfortable. After a full day of Disney/ Universal you want to relax and it's virtually impossible to get comfortable on the "sofas." They are actually more like patio furniture than anything else. My suggestion to Orbit One would be to upgrade the living room furniture and mattresses.

Other than that we would stay here again, if for nothing other than the cleanliness factor.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family