All reviewsmaster bedroomwasher and dryerfull kitchenhot tubthird floortennis courtstime shareanimal kingdommain poolscreened porchno elevatortwo twin bedsend unitsuper targetdisney parksgreat place to stayan older property
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Good location, stayed in June 2012 with a 5 year old and 3 adults, very big kitchen and jetted tub (huge), big master bedroom with king bed and second bedroom with 2 twin beds. Washer and dryer works fine, large patio area. The grounds are well maintained with kid stuff, swings, playground, pool, basket and tennis court. Close to all the parks and resturants (Red lobster, IHOP, Denny's).

The main complain I had was we arrived about 3:15pm in the rain we were told check in was at 4:00 and the room was not ready. We were told we could sit and wait in the lobby area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mercury section which was good
5  Thank JimCayman
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed in Orbit one from June 17-24 2012. Orbit one has rooms named after planets and such. We stayed in a mercury room. In the master bedroom, a nice king bed with a free safe-deposit box. A medium-size TV is also in the room. The master bathroom has a Jacuzzi. Unfortunately, it is hard to take a shower in there, so I had to shower in the smaller bedroom. The living room has a pull-out bed and another couch. A large enough TV in there. The full kitchen has a washing machine, a blender, a coffeemaker, a toaster, and an easy to use microwave. If you run out of coffee for the maker, they offer free coffee, juices, donuts, and pastries in the main office. The other bedroom has two single beds, a boombox, and a small TV. The smaller bathroom has the standard shower/bath, sink, and toilet. The property is a maximum of 15 minutes from the Disney attractions, and a mere 1/2 hour from MCO. They have two pools, one having two children's waterslides. It may say on their website that they have movie rentals, but they do not. However, not to far down the road from the resort, there is a Walgreen's that has a Redbox. There were no noise issues at all, and it has a great location.

3  Thank Nick D
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Our family of 4 adults and one toddler stayed here the week of June 10-17, 2012. The condo was very clean and the grounds were kept up nicely. We enjoyed the pools, the short time we got to experience them. We were in Orlando to do the Disney thing, mainly, so having a lack of activities was no problem to us.

I did not like the fact that they were going to charge either $7.00 or $11.00 a day for a pack-n-play for the baby, so we brought ours from Texas. I really feel that as much as we pay in fees that a baby bed could be accomodated. Also, there was a $5.00 per day for Wi-Fi. We did not need it, but had we, I don't like the extra charges for these benefits.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay; it was close to Disney, eating places and Target and Walmart. Also, no high-sales pitch - woo hoo!

Room Tip: We were assigned an upstairs room and I asked if there was a bottom floor available. They were nice enough to give us a ground floor, whcih helped with our toddler. We heard very little noise above us or outside our room.
4  Thank momsham
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My stay was from June 3-10 2012.

The staff was friendly. 2 bedrooms as advertised with 2 bathrooms and a huge open kitchen / dinning area. Inside was immaculant. (Wil post pictures when I get them off my camera) No problems with the inside other than the giant tub in the master bath that has been said to have a "whirlpool" or "jacuzzi"... It is a giant tub but has several little jet holes around the permiter of the bottom of the tub. When the tub is filled up and the jets turned on, I suppose it simulates little more than soda pop fizz....And to sit in that giant tub for me was not very comfortable- so that experience only lasted the first time only. The water pressure in the master shower was weak and the drain was slow. I am not sure of the drain and pressure in the other bathroom as I did not ask my daughter how it was. None of those were show stoppers but just reporting the facts in which this did not affect my stay. And yes also had a washer/dryer in the unit. Beware of the dryer.. At least in my unit- I runed one of my drytech sleeveless shirts as somehow the inner plastic things that cause your clothes to spin have rather sharp edges on them. Also almost ruined a new pair of beach shorts I washed for my daughter. however, in all fairness it could be the dryer had a large load. But I'll never know- only did 2 loads of laundry for the week.

Main living room has an LG LCD TV with mostly analog service, very few HD channels.
Both bedrooms had analog only TV's with tube type tv's.

The main pool area is nice and had a decent hot tub. Jets aren't exactly blasting to where you can get some solid relief if you have a bad back like me. But stil is hot and refreshing as is the main pool was cool and refreshing. The second pool was closer to the middle of the complex with no hot tub. That pool was closest to my condo. Pools are in good shape, maintained well no problems there.

My main disappointment with this place was that their version of "continental" breakfeast was nothing more than what looked like vending machine pastries. Very, very disappointed about that. So bad in fact I just filled up my coffee mug I had bought as a souvenier at the beach as the cups provided were little 10 oz cups.

The condo did come equiped with starter coffee - 2 days worth. Dish soap for the sink and dish washing packets (2) for the dishwasher and a spounge to wash dishes with. And also a few garbage bags. Since I did not use what I had I am unsure If I could of asked for more of any of that. Also a little shampoo and conditioner and bar of soap are provied- as if you were walking in to a hotel room. Not sure about those refills either.

Considering how little time we actually spent at the condo it was well worth the price I got it at. I was in the saturn building top floor room 20. Front portch view was basically overlooking a bunch of trees and dirt roads of sort. Undeveloped land. The view from both the master bedroom and the living area were over looking the second pool in the middle of the complex which was a nice view. The patio is screened in so no bugs allowed. That is very nice how they have all those patio's screened in like that.

Location - The location was as advertised. about 7 miles from universal theme parks and sea world - and about 3 miles from all the disney theme parks. Although we only visited 1 theme park in Orlando I'd say the location was perfect for our trip. We hit clearwater/st. pete beaches and also Daytona beach.. About 2 hours to the west and 1.5 to the east to drive. So we were in an ideal spot to catch both coasts. There are also plenty of gift shops up and down hwy 192 as well as fast food joints and so much more. If you are in the area, it's well worth it to check out Bruno's Italian restaurant. Very resonable priced and excellent home made Italian food.

So overall I give it a 4 simply due to the quirks with the bathtub and shower pressure and lack of free breakfeast. And that freakin dryer that ruined a good shirt I had recently bought.

Room Tip: As mentioned in some other reviews - the Saturn building is all the way in the back- very very quiet. But then again it would appear most all of the buildings would be as this is far enough off the main road to not be a bother. request a top floor if you are unable to sleep with a family of kids above you. I did not have that problem as I requested a top floor. But beware of door dingers.... My rental car got it good because of low class travelers that have no respect for other cars. My recommendation is to park on the curb behind the main parking line facing the villas. If you value your paint on your car.
4  Thank jpdepucci
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by my recent stay at Orbit One Vacation Villas. First of all, let me just say that it is very, very close to Disney. I didn't really get an idea of how close it was until I actually got there. You literally go out of the parking lot, go through the traffic light, drive a very short ways down that road to the next traffic light and find yourself right at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We never experienced any of the traffic that you have to deal with on International Drive or on I-4. It was really the absolute best location that you could ask for. Ok, location aside let's talk about the rest of it.

The building doesn't look wonderful on the outside. Our first reaction, was uh-oh to be honest. Then we went to the front desk and spoke to a lady (I am sorry that I don't remember her name) who was extremely helpful and nice upon check-in. We were directed to speak to a lady, I believe her name was Yvonne for our parking pass. She was also very nice and even though she did tell us about the time share aspect of the resort, we were never pressured or made to feel pushed into anything at all. She was great about the whole thing and helped us out a lot by giving us information, brochures and printed directions to grocery stores and the like in the area. Let me also pause for a moment to say that the area around the hotel is great. There are quite a few restaurants in the area and a Publix and Super Target nearby. They are not within walking distance but we had a rental car so it wasn't an issue for us.

We had a room around the back in the Venus section and were placed on the second floor. Upon entering the room, we were very surprised. The rooms were very clean and large. We never once saw any bugs or anything like that--not even on the screened in porch. Believe me, I concern myself with bugs quite a bit and was worried but never saw anything at all. The beds were very, very clean as was the rest of the condo. The dishes looked like they had never even been used before. There is also a washer/dryer combo which we had to use a lot thanks to the monsoon rains that we experienced. The jacuzzi tub was a nice touch in the master bedroom and there is a safe in the bedroom. We had a room overlooking the back pool which was always really nice and quite (probably had a lot to do with the rain as well but even when it wasn't raining, there were times when no one was in the pool at all). There is a pool at the front with water slides but we only went there one time when we first checked in. I did not try the hot tub outside or the breakfast so I cannot comment on that although I did see a lot of people going in for breakfast one morning. It looked like bagels, muffins, doughnuts, juice, that kind of thing.

The only complaint that I had at all is that the walls do seem to be a bit on the thin side. We could hear all the bumps and knocks that were coming from next door that kept us awake the first couple of nights until we just learned to go to bed later at night. That is my only complaint and we really did have a very nice stay. I have stayed at much, much worse places before for triple or quadruple the money! I read all the reviews on here before booking my trip and if you are considering a stay here, you won't be sorry. No, I don't own a time share here or anywhere else or know anyone that does. I am simply writing this review to help someone decide if this is the right place to stay for them. Basically if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, condo that is in a good area, bug-free, and extremely close to Disney, then this is the place for you.

Oh yeah, by the way, I am pretty picky so if I am impressed, then it must be good!

6  Thank pookiepura