All reviews lighthouse key resort trundle bed master bedrooms movie theater three bedroom large families highly recommend this property disney parks bath condo large kitchen washer and dryer poolside bar orlando area home away from home hot tub living area pool side
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Overall our stay was great! It did start out bumpy and I was mad; however, Eric at the front desk went out of his way to help us out. Here's the break-down of our stay:

The Room:
To make a long story short, our top floor room we reserved in March was given away, and they placed us in a third floor room. I was not happy about this at all! I don't know who is to blame... someone at the front desk or the reservation people. We reserved a 4 bedroom 3 bath room. We had the paperwork with the room number we reserved on it, and the room was given to someone else earlier in the week. I had read reviews on here about hearing the people above you. We were placed on the third floor in the same type of room. The reviews about hearing the people above you are very true, but it's not too bad. (If you are sensitive to sound like I am, it will drive you nuts.) Luckily, the people above us had kids so when we got back each night they were asleep. The downfall is they were up every morning by 7:00am sounding like they were running a marathon... needless to say, I was awake too... That's why I wanted the 5th floor! Eric at the front desk was very nice though, since we didn't get what we paid for, he comped us a night and refunded our early check in (because our room wasn't ready on time.) We were also given a free lunch for our entire group (we had 8 people) at their deli while our room was getting cleaned. The sandwiches were very good.

The Internet:
This was another complaint I saw on here. When I tried to hook up to the wireless it did not work. I called the number the front desk told me too, and got the same story of “we have an engineer working on it…” They told me to call back in an hour if it wasn’t working, so I did. This time I talked to someone who knew what they were doing. My Windows was blocking out their server, we did a few quick settings changes and it worked perfectly! I called back the day we left to change the settings back to normal.

Cleanliness, Value, and Location:
This place is very clean and nice. It is practically new and is kept up well. Since we stayed a week, we had a complimentary cleaning on Wednesday. I believe this resort was well worth our money! It is near Disney and SeaWorld. There are grocery stores nearby; we went to a Publix that was a mile up the road. There are lots of restaurants too nearby. I would highly recommend this resort. Just beware you may not get the room you request.

The Spa:
My niece and I got pedicures the Tuesday of our stay. The spa is very nice and clean, and our toes turned out great! The spa staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank 2intx
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Found this place from allstar vacations had the price online but called them to see if they had any additional discounts they where nice enough to give me one night free which was awesome!

I cant tell you how impressive the whole place is,,,,it is just immaculate in every way. Very quite and relaxing, because we had our 4yo we built in rest days and just stayed at the resort the staff is very helpful and the food and drinks where great. Even had pool side service!

Used the gym which was up to date and clean, the spa was very realxing and just the right way to start out our vacation.

My daughter loved the movie theater when we had a few showers pass through.

I am actually booking another week for December......see you soon guys!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DieselDan9
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Last year our family took a sort of reunion trip to Disney and we stayed at Lighthouse. Everyone raved about the resort and really enjoyed themselves. So this year my husband and I decided to return to the resort for our anniversary; this time without the kids. We had a two bedroom that was as nice as the three bedroom we had last year. Our only complaints this trip was that we were given a room with an inoperable jacuzzi tub which was something my husband and I enjoyed on our previous stay. Also the knob on the dryer in the laundry room had to be manuvered to work and once the dryer started it was very loud. We called the front desk but no one ever came to check on it. Also, we noticed that every music channel was available except for BET which we would have like to watched at some point. Lastly, the young lady who checked us in was not friendly at all. She did not give us a list of amenities or services as her co-worker was doing with another couple checking in at the same time. Although we were returning customers, I feel she could have been more welcoming.

Other than these incidents, we still consider Lighthouse one of our favorite spots to vacation and will probably return again soon.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank landry1
Reviewed 24 May 2010

We are a family of 5 with 3 pre-teen/teen boys. We used our II membership and traded into a 2B/2B. Reading that the 2nd bedroom had a twin bed w/ a trundle, we contacted the resort and they allowed us to buy up to the 3/3 for a reasonable fee.

We booked this resort before our previous trip to Orlando In Oct of 2009. When we arrived in Orlando, we visited the Resort just to check it out. The staff allowed us to tour one of the suites, as well as walk around. What we saw was impressive and we where excited. Let me say that not many resorts will allow you to do a quick, self guided tour, this was truly awesome of them.

Suite Condition ~ Gorgeous décor, very, very clean. Everything was brand new. This resort is breathtaking! The rooms are huge, and I mean huge. It is a quiet resort. We never heard our neighbors, but we were on the top floor.

3b/3b ~ consists of 2 master bedrooms and a 3rd bedroom with 2 twin beds:

Master bedroom # 1 ~ King size bed, a desk w/a lamp that has a DSL plug, flat screen TV (had to get that serviced, which they fixed the next day while we where at the park), nice bathroom with private toilet, double sink w/typical counter space, Jacuzzi, glass wall shower, large walk in closet and a dressing area with full length mirrors.

Master bedroom # 2 ~ King size bed, (no desk here as the space saved went to the bathroom) flat screen TV (we had to re-set this TV nightly by unplugging and plugging it back in), big bathroom with private toilet, double sink in a very large vanity with draws galore (very nice!), Jacuzzi, glass wall shower, large walk in closet and a dressing area with full length mirrors.

Bedroom # 3 ~ compared to the other rooms, this one is much smaller, it has 2 twin beds, not many draws and the closet is smaller. There is a TV.

Beds & pillows ~ high quality and very comfortable. We all got great nights sleep every night.

Kitchen ~ very well appointed. beautiful counters, cabinets and appliances. We lacked nothing in the very large kitchen. There is an island where the sink and dishwasher are. Island also had a counter w/stools and a DSL plug.

Living room ~ one couch and 2 chairs. Very pretty, but would have preferred 2 couches for a 3b/3b unit. Nice big flat screen TV.

Patio ~ decent size patio w/table and chairs. It is not screened in. We had a view of a lake, Orange Lake Resort (their poolside activities are all we heard during the week. Sounded like they were having a great time over there, not bad/too loud). In the distance, each night we could see the Epcot fireworks at 9p and Magic Kingdom's at 10p.

Laundry room - there is an actual laundry room. This allowed us a place to put our dirty clothes before we got around to washing them in the full size w&d. They did supply a small amount of detergent. We have learned to bring our own and drier sheets.

Timeshare presentation ~ we were never asked.
Check-in/out ~ service was immediate!
Service ~ everyone was nice. Not outgoing, but pleasant.

Pool area ~ clean, quiet and not very crowded. The pool area has 1 hot tub, 1 U-shape zero entry pool that was a perfect temperature, and 1 smaller lap pool that is cooler. There are no other outside activities, so if you like lots of activities, you will not get it here. There is an ice-cream/sandwich shop and a pool side bar. For this reason they allow NO outside drinks or food. I think this ends up hurting them. If you let people bring in snacks and non-glass/non-alcohol drinks, others that may not have any will see, get hungry/thirsty and buy.

Activities ~ There is a theater for watching movies. We never used this.

Fitness Center ~ Very nice. Big with a wide variety of equipment and free weights. I used it almost every morning and never encountered more than 1 or 2 other people at a time.

Wi-Fi ~ this is where they need improvement. We had poor Wi-Fi. We got the resort across the lake (Orange Lake) better than Lighthouse Key's Wi-Fi. We finally had to borrow a DSL cable from the front desk. There where only 2 places to plug in, a plug on the kitchen island, this is in a fine location, but it did not work. The other was in the lamp on the desk in the 1st Master Bedroom, this is the only place we could get consistent, reliable to Inet service.

Business Center ~ well appointed. Printed out 5 boarding passes in 3 minutes.

Grounds ~ Resort is on a lake. It appears by the scale model they have they plan on putting in a beach, for now it is a marsh that you cannot go to. There is not much landscaping, but what is there is pleasant.

Location ~ About 30 min's and 2 tolls from MCO (bring about $5 in change to drive to & from the airport, and a bit more if you plan to go to the beach). 5-10 min's to WDW, 20-30 min's to Seaworld and Universal. No tolls to get to the parks. Resort is on the west end of Irlo Bronson, so it is a little farther to restaurants than most of the other resorts on this busy, tourist strip.

Summary ~ This Resort is Spectacular. We love to try different resorts, but we really want to get back here as soon as the timing works in our favor.

NOTE - this is a Timeshare. You may or may not get items like coffee, soap & shampoo and there is no housekeeping unless you pay for it (we did get a mid week housekeeping service that included making the beds). This is no reason to grade them low. Just do your homework first, that way there will be no surprises.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank LadyFan55
LHKGM, General Manager at The Berkley, Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2010

Thank you for choosing Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa and your comments and description of our resort. We were pleased to see to you enjoyed your stay and found it comfortable and relaxing. We are in the process of upgrading our wi-fi since it has presented sproadic problems. In regards to being a timeshare, we are affliated with Interval International and there are a limited number of condos are available for time share guests. Currently there are no active timeshare sales at the resort and guests are in no way requirded to attend a presentation or consider information about timeshare for Lighthouse Key suring their stay. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on a return trip to Orlando.
Regards,
Laura Sherman

Reviewed 4 May 2010

The drive up to the view of the front gated security entrance had already set my mind at ease being in an unfamiliar place. The Resort itself is just beautiful and obvisouly well maintaned. An in house movie theatre, game room, well equiped workout facility, 0 to 8ft pool and heated Jacuzzi were just the outside. The Rooms were sapcious (we had the 4 bedroom). The rooms were clean and so fully equiped all we had to do was just get some groceries and nothing else. The trash was an easy sit it out the front door for a daily pick up. It even provided a Vaccum cleaner if needed. The Resort is just 9 miles west of Disney resorts and within 2 miles of a mad choci list of restaurants and night clubs. We are just too pleased with our 5 day stay and plan to book another already. You just can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank dt3248
LHKGM, General Manager at The Berkley, Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2010

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa. We were glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is comments such as yours, that make our Resort successful. We hope to see you again on a return trip to the Orlando area.

Regards,