“Good & Authentic Filipino Food.”

Nipa Hut Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #199 of 907 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Looking at the menu, I want to try everything except the ones with pork blood. But I ordered the Kare Kare, Goat Kaldereta and Sotanghon. All tasted good and the way my mother would cook it except for the oxtail in the kare kare and the goat meet. My mother would have boiled it for 30 mins more to make it a bit more tender. Also it was a bit pricey.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Good food , great service !Located near an older hotel it served good Filipino cuisine at reasonable prices, good and quick service. Small but good selection of dishes. Ample parking .

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Our party of four headed out here to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday (July 20). It was interesting to note that this place is annexed to a hotel building and even shares the lobby of the hotel. Interesting because most of the restaurants that have a restaurant nearby would be 'American', i.e. serving mainly comfort food, and not one that specializes in Filipino cuisine.

Our order included two kinds of noodles (pancit sotanghon and pancit canton with egg rolls), a pork kebab BBQ and a grilled chicken thigh and leg with rice combo (Inasal), pinakbet, fried fish (bangus) and later, my wife got the halo-halo. The sotanghon and canton use different kinds of noodles but they both tasted almost the same--pedestrian. Normally, there would be a distinct difference in taste.

The pork kebab, while the portion is quite substantial, was a bit tough and didn't really exemplify the way this dish would be normally cooked. The grilled chicken was tough and chewy too.

The one thing that I think was good was that the portions were huge. The one thing that I think was bad and really stuck in my mind was that the prices were also huge.

Next time I visit Disney World with my wife, mother-in-law and granddaughter, I may re-visit this place. But only if I don't find any place more reasonably priced.

1  Thank enteng000
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

July 23, 17.

When they gave you a table & menu right away & you get excited to eat Filipino food on your first day of vacation in FL but service were just soooooo slowwwww!

When you were starving to death & you feel angry for waiting too long & you feel like you just wanna yell at everyone because servers were just passing by and didn't even bother asking if we're ready to order.

20 minutes, 30 minutes, 40 minutes later - NONE! OK We've reached the average wait time so we decided to just call the lady so she could take our orders. She apologized to us for waiting soo long. Ok apology accepted. Our food came after 30 minutes (another long wait right?) but our orders didn't come all together, we almost done eating when we got the sinigang! ‍♀️ Sorry not sorry but this is the worst Filipino restaurant that I've ever been to. So disappointed with the service. If only I didn't pay Uber just to get here or if only we're not a tourist, we would've walked out the door & go somewhere else (just like the other couples did that's been sitting & waiting across our table)

1  Thank Jessy B
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Alex Gonzaga, Angeline Quinta, & Eric Santos - - all were there. OK, the restaurant is in front of the Hudson Hotel - - I put a photo so you could see where it is. It's set off from the road quite a bit. What is worse is that at night, the road sign & the restaurant sign are not lit up!!! At first glance, with a security guard at the front of the hotel - - not a real warm fuzzy feeling. But give it a chance.

Once inside the restaurant is in pretty good shape, especially for a Filipino restaurant. It's pretty comfortable - - with a bamboo pipe fountain and yes, a couple of Christmas Trees (it's the middle of July & the Philippines start to celebrate Christmas in September - - so it's almost time!!!).

Servers are courteous; I thought our server resembled the actress Teresa Loyzaga. We ordered Pancit Bihon, Chicken Adobo, Lumpiang Shanghai, and pork BBQ on a stick. Pancit was very good & highly recommended. Although I was not found of the adobo, my wife enjoyed it & the portion was generous; it's probably because it not the way I normally cook it - - theirs was a little sweet. The lumpia was good, but slightly salty & looked like hand rolled - - a plus!!! The pork BBQ was a winner. No doubt.

We didn't have room for dessert, but they have halo-halo that looked real good.

Menu is pretty large with standard Filipino food on it - - there are some dishes made with goat.

Lots of TV's and probably a karaoke machine, but I can't confirm that.

TIP: If you call in an order of Pancit Bihon, it could take almost an hour to get it - - this is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Otherwise: five stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️