All reviews washer and dryer full kitchen living room other attractions walmart condo orlando disney parks vrbo detergent theme
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We checked in on a Sunday late, they were very accomidating for that. Other than that, my 19 month old daughter had black feet after walking around in the unit. We waited three days for dish towels, which were really hand towels from the bathroom. The unit was nicely layed out though. There was a lizard thing in our couch, the room was dirty, there was on old band aid on the floor and old milk in the fridge. Not to mention the huge puddle of water in it. You have to do a lot for yourself, buy your own toilet paper, and they don't give a cleaning service unless you pay for it. You also have to dump your own garbage in a compactor. The walls are paper thin, we could hear the children jumping and running around above us at 1am. Maybe we just got a bad unit, but I was very dissapointed in this resort. Won't stay here again. The staff is also very unproffessional. But too top it all off, they were painting over all the Mike Ditka stuff when were were there because they are changing their name.

Room Tip: Don't get a ground floor room. They are gross.
3  Thank Brianne M
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We were originally very excited to find this hotel...until we arrived. Upon arrival, the parking lot was virtually empty, always a bad sign. Upon check in, we were told that the key machine was broken. Ok, things happen. We had to be let into our room by an employee. The room was nice but not equipped like your average Orlando time share. No dish soap, no frying pan or spatula (how are you supposed to cook eggs), not enough plates and glasses for the advertised sleeping quantity, outdated TV's, hard towels, rough sheets from K-mart (I saw them there), etc. But, Ok. We went out to dinner, returned later and still, no keys. We again had to be let in our own room. The next morning we were assured that the keys would be ready upon our return from the theme park. When we returned that afternoon (now day 2 of our stay), still no keys. The "manager" was very rude and said the keys would be ready "whenever they are ready". So, we again had to be let into our room. We waited for almost 30 minutes in the sun with kids having to use the bathroom before someone let us in. We were DONE! We checked out and went to another time share rental down the road and had a fantastic ending to our rocky start.

By the way, ownership must have changed since all of Mike Ditka's stuff was there on day one, gone like the wind on day 2. Don't go here!

4  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Booked this beautiful 3 bedroom unit + LOFT condo through Magical Memories Villas (google them and ask for Building 06- Unit 204)at Runaway Beach Club and it was incredible. The resort was gated, had an incredible pool and simply the best value. The unit had a 61" lcd tv in the game room, a beautiful kitchen, comfortable beds and more!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank George W
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was actually very surprised When I walked into the villa. It was higher than my expectations. The kitchen was very nice and the bathroom was spacious. Everything seemed to be in great condition. I was a little disappointed however that they didn't provide anything to hand wash dishes with(soap or sponge) We had to wash baby bottles and couldn't wait til the end of the night to run the dish washer. Another disappointing was the carpet. It looked fine however I have a crawler and she was black just after 10 mins of roaming around the villa. Also, the metal stripping on the ground between the rooms (i'm sure it has a name) was kind of coming up and I had to constantly watch my little one so she wouldn't get cut. Overall our experience was positive and we had a great time. My kids had a blast at the pool. We will be staying there again next time we head down to Disney.

Room Tip: We had room 1-101 it was right next to the front desk and right by the pool. Great location.
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This was a well situated resort not far from the attractions but it was not great place to stay. The sheets were all torn around the sides but useable. The carpet was unraveling at the doorways and dull. I had a few kids with me accompanied by an adult. They asked at the desk if the shuttle went to Universal and they said yes. Thje shuttle dropped them off at Epcot, Disney World. They only went to Epcot,( not Universal) and would not go back for them. After getting off and realizing where they were, they called us and had to wait until we got there to pick them up which took about 40 minutes, dressing and in traffic. They lost about 3 1/2 or 4 hours in the park, and it was a terrible scary situation waiting in the parking lot ( and scary for me). My daughter slept on the sofa bed and the blanket was stiffer than cardboard. They brought another but it was the same. The desk told me that all the extra blankets were like that. She slept with her coat. To top it off, we found 2 bugs in the bathroom. It looked really nice from the outside but inside was dreary and not up to par. There are far better places to stay.

Room Tip: I would NOT go back there.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family