“Far Better Than a Hotel and Much Nicer”

Hapimag Resort Orlando
Reviewed 19 January 2017

My brother and I were traveling to the Mecum car auction in Kissimmee and were looking for somewhere where we could have more room to "hang out" and BS. Staying in a hotel can be a real pain, unless it's a suite where a couch or living area is available. My wife found a great deal for Hapimag on booking.com and it beat some of the hotel prices, even when offered as an auction package deal.

The property is very well maintained and the staff that we dealt with were very courteous and efficient. On one day, we saw a guy with a floor scrubber and power washer going to town on the walkways inside the property. That's detail I can appreciate. Our actual condo was very suitable, if not overwhelming. Although slightly dated, there was a decent sized full kitchen, a nice sized living area with a TV, free wifi and main floor half bathroom. Upstairs were two other full baths and three bedrooms. Obviously, more than we needed, but still less expensive than a hotel with only two beds and a small table and chairs. It was very clean and basics like blankets, pillows and towels were plentiful and clean.

The only complaint I had and no fault of the property, was that the people in the house behind our unit (not a Hapimag property) seemingly lived outside 24 hours a day. There was noise until at least midnight every night and they started up again early. Like I said, this is not a problem that can be controlled by the property, but it was an issue. For reference, we were on the farthest back row from the entrance, in unit #1047. I'm not sure if the noise was coming from permanent residents or if it's a vacation property as well, but it's something to be aware of. Also, one of the large bathroom mirrors was only half mounted. It looked as if someone had removed the plastic mirror clips from the wall. To their credit, when I told the office staff about it, it was handled as an emergency and they had their maintenance staff on it ASAP.

As a bonus, the property is gated with a manned security shack. Once you're checked in, they give you two sets of keys and a remote for the gate, so you can bypass the security check in. On our check out day, we were running a little behind, so I called the desk. The man I spoke to told us not to worry and asked how much more time we needed. It doesn't get much better than that.

As a final note, I can say that we go to the auction every year and will definitely stay here again. We have done hotels in the past and this is a much better value with better amenities. We did not utilize them, but there is a nice looking pool and workout room available as well.

Room Tip: See Review
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 January 2017

we had a 4 bedroom that was great on space but the beds were all very uncomfortable which is a big problem. we had 4 golfers and none of sleep well. otherwise all else was great. location worked out very well and space was good.not to harp but bad beds are bad.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I came to vacation in Lake Berkley for 2 weeks. I had 3 cars, 2 cars parked in font of my house and 1 car in the guest parking. The security placed a warning In the window of my car

stating “vehicle will be towed in 24 hours final warning-will be towed without notice in the future”. It was a very stressful,worried and uncomfortable, I will never aging rent in this resort. I payed a lot of money for bad treatment... Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

A quiet neighbourhood in the busy area of Kissimmee. That is hoe we enjoy our stay at Lake Berkley.
Nice homes with all the things you need too relax.
Close too all the major attractions but remote enough too enjoy the silents after a noise day at a themapark.
There is a nature trail and a beautiful lake on site

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Had a 3 bedroom townhouse. Huge, plenty of room. 5 adults, 1 teenager, 2 smaller children. No one bothered us to sign up and buy timeshare unlike the other resorts that we have stayed in. Will always come back to this place.

Room Tip: If you need an ADA accessible room, request it from the office when booking.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lovemonkey7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
6.1 km away
Star Island Resort and Club
#22 of 155 in Kissimmee
16.4 km away
Encantada -The Official CLC World Resort

Been to Hapimag Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK