My brother and I were traveling to the Mecum car auction in Kissimmee and were looking for somewhere where we could have more room to "hang out" and BS. Staying in a hotel can be a real pain, unless it's a suite where a couch or living area is available. My wife found a great deal for Hapimag on booking.com and it beat some of the hotel prices, even when offered as an auction package deal.
The property is very well maintained and the staff that we dealt with were very courteous and efficient. On one day, we saw a guy with a floor scrubber and power washer going to town on the walkways inside the property. That's detail I can appreciate. Our actual condo was very suitable, if not overwhelming. Although slightly dated, there was a decent sized full kitchen, a nice sized living area with a TV, free wifi and main floor half bathroom. Upstairs were two other full baths and three bedrooms. Obviously, more than we needed, but still less expensive than a hotel with only two beds and a small table and chairs. It was very clean and basics like blankets, pillows and towels were plentiful and clean.
The only complaint I had and no fault of the property, was that the people in the house behind our unit (not a Hapimag property) seemingly lived outside 24 hours a day. There was noise until at least midnight every night and they started up again early. Like I said, this is not a problem that can be controlled by the property, but it was an issue. For reference, we were on the farthest back row from the entrance, in unit #1047. I'm not sure if the noise was coming from permanent residents or if it's a vacation property as well, but it's something to be aware of. Also, one of the large bathroom mirrors was only half mounted. It looked as if someone had removed the plastic mirror clips from the wall. To their credit, when I told the office staff about it, it was handled as an emergency and they had their maintenance staff on it ASAP.
As a bonus, the property is gated with a manned security shack. Once you're checked in, they give you two sets of keys and a remote for the gate, so you can bypass the security check in. On our check out day, we were running a little behind, so I called the desk. The man I spoke to told us not to worry and asked how much more time we needed. It doesn't get much better than that.
As a final note, I can say that we go to the auction every year and will definitely stay here again. We have done hotels in the past and this is a much better value with better amenities. We did not utilize them, but there is a nice looking pool and workout room available as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the American way of life with your family in the Sunshine State of Florida. Improve your golf handicap or enjoy some time with Mickey Mouse during your holidays in Orlando and enjoy the constant sunshine in the process. Both the Atlantic coast and the Gulf of Mexico are only one to two hours' drive from the Hapimag Resort Orlando in Lake Berkley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hapimag Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hapimag Orlando - Lake Berkley Hotel Kissimmee
- Lake Berkley Orlando
- Hapimag Resort Orlando Kissimmee, Florida