We chose this hotel based on its proximity to Disney and its high TripAdvisor rating relative to other similarly located hotels in the same price range, and we were not disappointed. This was our second stay here in the span of a couple months (we have Disney annual passes), and both visits we stayed in the two-story motel-style buildings in the back of the property. While these buildings are a little dated they're very convenient for parking and very convenient to the nice outdoor pool and courtyard area. The rooms are basic, but clean and adequate, and the beds were comfortable. Disney parks are but a 10-minute drive, more or less depending on which park you're going to, and it's very straightforward driving.
The on-site restaurant and quick-cafe are reasonably priced, and the staff was efficient and friendly -- as were the staff throughout the hotel, actually. The breakfast sandwiches at the quick-cafe were a great start to our days. There are many other dining options in the immediate area, too.
The first time we stayed the in-room wifi worked fine, but this time it mostly didn't work. The staff seemed a little confused about the reason for this. The first time we called the front desk they said that our particular room had internet problems for some reason. We thought about asking to move to another room, but we'd already unpacked, so it wasn't worth the effort on this particular stay. When I mentioned the internet problem at checkout, though, the gentleman at the front desk said that wifi is only available in common areas, not in rooms. This is at odds with their room amenities list on booking sites, and indeed at odds with our experience on the first stay, so I'm assuming he was mistaken.
Actually I'm **hoping** he was mistaken, as lack of wifi in rooms is typically a deal-breaker for us, and we'd hate to not be able to return to this property again, because we do feel it's really a great value and meets our needs otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Gateway, one mile from the gates of Walt Disney World®, is a designated Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® hotel and close to other popular tourist attractions such as Sea World Orlando and Universal Adventure .Our high-rise, deluxe rooms feature the convenience of microwaves, double sinks, hair dryer, iron and board with panoramic views. If you prefer more modest accommodations, stay in our standard Inn rooms - providing views of our covered garden area and tropical landscaped pools. Complimentary scheduled transportation daily to Walt Disney World®, Sea World, Univesal Adventure and Lake Buena Vista Factory Oulets shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Ramada Kissimmee Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gateway Kissimmee Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Gateway
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Orlando
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Ramada
- Ramada Kissimmee Gateway Florida