New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ramada Kissimmee Gateway

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #40 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Hollywood, Florida
“Nice, affordable choice for visiting Disney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

We chose this hotel based on its proximity to Disney and its high TripAdvisor rating relative to other similarly located hotels in the same price range, and we were not disappointed. This was our second stay here in the span of a couple months (we have Disney annual passes), and both visits we stayed in the two-story motel-style buildings in the back of the property. While these buildings are a little dated they're very convenient for parking and very convenient to the nice outdoor pool and courtyard area. The rooms are basic, but clean and adequate, and the beds were comfortable. Disney parks are but a 10-minute drive, more or less depending on which park you're going to, and it's very straightforward driving.

The on-site restaurant and quick-cafe are reasonably priced, and the staff was efficient and friendly -- as were the staff throughout the hotel, actually. The breakfast sandwiches at the quick-cafe were a great start to our days. There are many other dining options in the immediate area, too.

The first time we stayed the in-room wifi worked fine, but this time it mostly didn't work. The staff seemed a little confused about the reason for this. The first time we called the front desk they said that our particular room had internet problems for some reason. We thought about asking to move to another room, but we'd already unpacked, so it wasn't worth the effort on this particular stay. When I mentioned the internet problem at checkout, though, the gentleman at the front desk said that wifi is only available in common areas, not in rooms. This is at odds with their room amenities list on booking sites, and indeed at odds with our experience on the first stay, so I'm assuming he was mistaken.

Actually I'm **hoping** he was mistaken, as lack of wifi in rooms is typically a deal-breaker for us, and we'd hate to not be able to return to this property again, because we do feel it's really a great value and meets our needs otherwise.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I Stayed for 1 Night only - 26th April and the whole experience was nothing short of excellent. Upon arrival i was personally greeted by 24hr security. Next, Lucy checked me in and reception, and having worked in hospitality for 12yrs, i can safely say, she's very good at her job! I got to my room to find a spacious room, with a reasonable sized bathroom. The best part of my experience was attending the Managers Meet & Greet, this was between 5pm - 6pm, where i was able to head to the bar area, meet some of the staff, have complimentary drinks, and get ideas and reccomendations for things to do, after all, they know the area best. I actually had the pleasure of meeting the General Manager Andrew Schiavone who took the time to have conversations with all the guests in the bar area, including myself. This personal attention to detail can't be found everywhere! The friendliness, cleanliness, the location, and the management is the best combo i have come accross so far and i'd recommend this hotel to all and everyone.

Room Tip: You can stay in the Tower for $10 Upgrade, slightly bigger bathrooms. However staying the lowrise is...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Graeme P
chesterfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed spring break week April 7th - April 13th, 2012. I stayed in the tower. The room was clean, great view, the staff was very friendly. They have an awesome pool and restaurant. I had zero complaints. If you want a very nice hotel to stay in and one that has a great price this is the one. Thanks Ramada for everything. Looking foward to staying again on our next visit.

Room Tip: loved the tower.
1 Thank robert l
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This was my 1st time staying here (April 18-22, 2012), and I had an unforgettable experience. It was my 1st trip alone as a single mom with both my girls celebrating both their birthdays. I made my reservations and paid in full since February 2012. Truthfully I was a little nervous because people would tell me not to always trust the website or the pictures posted, and some of the reviews I read had me on the edge. But upon arrival, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hotel in and out was nice and clean and everyone greeted us with a smile, and a hello. My check in took 5 mins, and when I got to our room we were on the 8th floor overlooking the Disney parks. What a view at night. We even saw the fireworks show from the Magic Kingdom. The A/C is a central unit, not a wall unit. LOVE IT!!!! Felt like I was at home. The beds, AMAZING!!! Firm and the comforter hugs your body that it was hard to get out of bed the next day! Housekeeping did a great job. Every day we had the right amount of towels left, and everything was nice and clean with a nice scent upon our return at night. The resturant and the Deli were excellent. The service, the greeting smiles, and the food...... unforgettable. All Disney parks are truthfully 7 mins away. Thank you to Ariel who took my reservation, Rey who checked us in, and everyone else who made our stay a beautiful memory to cheerish forever. Will recommend to everyone and will be a loyal returning customer every single year. Signed a happy customer, Luz Stella Vazquez

Room Tip: The tower is the newer building. So if you are going to judge on modern looks, stay in the tower and...
5 Thank Luz Stella V
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

If all you want is a clean room close to Disney, this is the place for you. You won't spend an "arm and a leg" to stay here. If you want "bells and whistles", stay elsewhere. I just need a clean place to sleep and shower in the morning. This place worked out perfectly! Stayed here for $50/night- bought on Kayak.com.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends