See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 April 2015

I booked this hotel for 3 nights but within the first 5 minutes, I knew that was a huge mistake. Part of the reason for choosing this hotel was that it was listed at "pet friendly". The very first thing out of the manager's mouth upon my check in was, "You have a big dog, we do not allow dogs." I told him she is a service animal and he asked for proof. I gave him the same printout that I have given to every business we have ever entered and was informed that it was not good enough. He asked for further proof, special identification for my dog. He said the paper I provided was something anyone could print out. The paper I gave him was the ADA federal laws regarding service animals, what questions businesses are allowed to ask, and what constitutes discrimination. When I told him that paper was sufficient enough to allow my service dog and I into Epcot, Cocoa Beach, restaurants, and 3 other hotels he told me he did not believe me, I could just be making that up. When I explained to him that he was not allowed, by federal law, to demand special identification for my dog he proceeded to tell me that he did not have my reservation or any rooms available. When I gave him the confirmation code for reserving and paying for the room online, he proceeded to tell me that I did not specify I had a service animal during the online reservation and that he would not honor the reservation. After arguing with this rude man for a good 10 minutes, threatening a lawsuit if he kept discriminating against me or by trying to turn me away, he finally consented to allow the reservation. He slammed paperwork and the hotel keys around, was very hostile and rude, and stuck me in the nastiest room imaginable as punishment for daring to know my rights and having the audacity to demand that they be upheld.

This room had burn holes in all the blankets and sheets. The sheets and bedding were so dirty I demanded clean sheets to lay ON TOP OF THE BEDDING! The carpet was so disgustingly filthy that my feet were black from walking around the room. There was blood spots on the sheets and bed, hair and food inside the tucked in sheets, black curly hairs in the bathtub, altogether the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed in.

I will definitely be checking my credit card to see if he put extra charges on there. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a charge for pets even though that is also against the law regarding service animals. Do not stay at this hotel! Would not recommend this one to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela G
Reviewed 28 December 2014

The location is good - 20 min from the airport and the parks. But, don't expect nothing more than that. There was mold at the bathroom ceiling, the bathroom fan wasn't working and there was a cigarette hole at the bed sheet. It's ok for one night, but if you are staying for a few more days, it's better to pay a little more and stay elsewhere.

Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank Marcelo M
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have to admit that this was the worst place new have ever stayed. The carpet was filthy and the room had a nasty smell. The bathroom was very dirty and the tub looed like it was not cleaned in days. My family and I stayed overnight and we decided tom wait until we checked into a new hotel to shower and change clothes. We slept in our clothes and made sure our faces never touched the bed linen due to the fact that they were dirty. Would not recommend this hotel to any one that has a sane mind.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Stay Away.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank yvette L
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Not worth saving a few bucks. Bad area of town, room was awful. I was there three nights, housekeeping never came. Room literally only had one bed and an empty headboard next to it, no table and a gross stained chair. TV had burn marks all over it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Erica R
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I mostly stay in one or two star hotels to save money but this was ridiculous. No cell phone service as everyone was outside late at night talking on their phones. No internet service as could not connect. Room was fair. Bed was hard as a rock. I was overcharged according to the prices on the Internet and refused a receipt when my son paid for the room with cash. This is the first time I have reviewed a property that was this bad. As stated in another review no toiletries. Minimal towels and supplies.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. The website says $39.95 but I paid $55. Had I known Econolodge was just down the road I would have never stayed here. The Econolodge in Kississmee is such a great value.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family