“very pleasant stay”

Champions World Resort
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 24 April 2012

we booked this resort for 3nights in April 2012 and , were very pleased, very clean,spacious rooms, for the price its great, i would go stay again, anytime. Thanks

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank longbeachdays
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Champions World Resort

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed here last year with my lovely fiance.

When we stay in Orlando, we basically want a hotel for a base, store our stuff, sleep. We don't look for a place to hang around, and that is why this hotel is perfect.

Rooms are basic and the norm - TV, fridge, table & chairs etc - but with a few things you wouldn't expect like free wi-fi (which was surprisingly excellent) and a very good safe. They were kept very clean during our stay, never had a problem with fresh sheets and towels.

Facilities are great. Two big pools (didn't really use them but can imagine those with kids would love it), an excellent bar ($5 for a four pint pitcher, thank you very much), a handy shop etc. Never ate at the resturant but it looked fine to me.

A few folks have mentioned it's no where near anywhere. Couldn't disagree more. Could maybe be an issue if you haven't got a car (although free shuttles are offered), but if you have a car you'll have no issue. About 10-20 minute drive to all the major parks. Near by there is a Target, a Publix (a very cheap and huge supermarket) and several places to eat for varying budgets.

A few folks also seem to be very picky considering how much you are paying. This place is very cheap, and is worth every penny. Will be returning next year. Hope the beer is still five bucks...

Room Tip: Always liked rooms upstairs, but no idea why...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mckee74
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The "Hotel" is actually like something straight out of My Name is Earl. Filthy carpets, bugs in the refridgerator and all over the room. Horrendously misrepresented by the pictures on the website, the bbq area and lagoon are disgraceful.

I paid for 2 star Quality, but would never stay here, recommend it, etc.

In fairness the staff are very friendly and all issues raised were dealt with, they seem to know with the quality of their resort, they HAVE to provide good service. Bar is very reasonable, with Long Island Iced tea recommended.

My honest advice, not even worth the small amount paid, I will never stay here again, you have been warned!!!

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn nearby! (if you must stay here, steer clear of pools, ask for building C or D.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My fiance and I have stayed here on one of our trips to Florida, and plan to stay here again (and all subsequent visits to be honest!)

We paid around $20 a night, and for that got a clean and well maintained room with all the basic amenities you would expect. Better than average places though was the bar with drinks offers. It was nice to see that many locals in the area frequent the bar on a weekend too!

We enjoyed our trip, and Champions World Resort can't be beaten for the cost.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberley04
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My daughter got hurt climbing out of their pool. Her foot was gashed on the new step on their ladder.. We missed our 2 days at Disney water parks , the hotel had no first aid supplies, I had to rent a wheelchair for my daughter for 3 days and push her all around Disney... And they didn't do a thing. I've been waiting for their insurance company to contact me ( that's what they tell me each to e I've called) for 3 weeks. Never mind that I hurt my back with the wheelchair, or that my daughter is scarred.. They haven't even repaid the $36 for the stupid wheelchair! all I wanted was a bill adjustment.. I was informed they don't do anything like that, even for the 36 .. It's all throu the insurance but they have yet to tell me who that is either!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family