“'Okay' hotel”

Magic Castle Inn and Suites
Ranked #101 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“'Okay' hotel”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was an 'okay' hotel. It was clean, had a microwave and refrigerator and a continental breakfast that included coffee, toast, mini donuts, Twinkies, raisin bran cereal, frosted flakes cereal, milk, and an orange juice drink (like Sunny D or Tang) however there were only two small tables to eat at so you really had to take everything back to your room to eat. The beds were comfortable. It was VERY convenient to all of the Disney parks and was very affordable.
I say it was average because there were a few times I didn't feel completely safe (because of some of the individuals staying there). I realise this isn't really the hotel's fault but it is simply my observation. I stayed with my two children, ages 16 and 13, but I probably would not stay there again unless my husband was with me (and I am used to taking care of myself). But I would definitely stay again if he was there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank OnePsychLynne
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hungarian first
In transit
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We had planned a trip to Disney and wound up having to switch around some dated and found ourselves without accommodations at our favorite place based off the reviews we gave this one a shot.

A shot is what I felt I needed after being in this place!

My first tip should have been when I called and asked about the property, they asked what type of hotel I was used staying at, and I gave them an example of another low cost facility we frequent and they were like "oh". Oh? Seems that the other place they considered a higher grade than their property "???"

Ok I took the chance and when I pulled up it was weathered and needing some sprucing up but I'm trying to be positive!

We get to our 1st room located on the ground floor and the smell of mold and mildew was pretty bad but hey it's Florida it might just need to be aired out (still trying to be positive) sat down and noticed the dresser had 3 drawers of one color and one different color and handle odd but hey I can deal with it.

Go to the bathroom and there is mold growing in the corner that was over a half inch in height! I turned around and left my wife has to go so she is going to take a chance well there was live roaches in the tub (yeah plural) and there was some other little round looking bugs on the toilet paper.

We explained the situation the front and they gave us a room on the second floor.

Room #2
Looked alot better but still smelled moldy just not nearly as bad but bad enough we all started to get a headache. Oh and did I mention more bugs?

The elevator smelled so strong of grease and hydraulic fluids that by the second ride down we all had a burning in the back of our throats that lasted even after we left the property.

The front desk was accommodating and refunded my money when I explained about what we had found. They did not seem the least bit surprised they just were like ok not even we will look into it or whatever.

Now the kicker is I find out later that my DD would not even bring in her beloved bear due the conditions of the room she was afraid of what might happen to it.

Wow a kid is will stay because they have to but would not put their stuffed animal through staying there for fear of it getting hurt.
If I had know this when we at room #1 I would have walked away without even asking about another room my family and their health is worth more than any good deal on a room.

As a side note due to the lack of a room, I wound up visiting 17 hotels in Orlando some good some bad and will be adding reviews to some of those soon.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the first floor elevator
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Mystery_Traveler_0

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The inside of the rooms is decent. Nothing special, other than the rainbow-colored Disney themed comforters on the beds. The hotel advertises free WiFi, but it's very slow and has very limited range. I asked about why it was slow and was given the access to another hotel's wireless network as a solution. Even with the discounted rates for booking early, you definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Rockland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We just returned from an 8 night stay here. We stay in this area a lot including Disney Vacation club Resorts. This is not the Grand Floridian so don't expect to be pampered like it is. It is an older, clean, quiet motel a couple of miles from Disney. We never ate there or used the pool because we had other plans. We paid $40 a night for a mini suite with a king size bed and were quite pleased with it. We did see a geico in the room once. No surprise since it is Florida. My cousin just bought a new house a few miles from there for over $700,000 and we saw a geico in that also. The only issue with noise was a couple of little kids outside early one morning who were obviously excited to be going to the parks. Again, no surprise since this is what kids are supposed to do. We will stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank r_j_scanlon
Rosario, Argentina
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Inn of Naples again. It was very reasonably priced, clean and the location was perfect, 5 minute drive to typhoon lagoon, magic kingdom or blizzard. Breakfast basic included. Close to la ponderosa, ichiban or cicis pizza. We will definitely stay here again and again the next time I visit kissimmee and orlando area. Thanks katie, magic castle and tripadvisor.com! Have a nice trip!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family