1,621 results
All reviews tarpon creek breakfast room pancake machine key west hi express cinnamon rolls thin walls free breakfast bar grill island fish co third floor hear everything clean hotel king suite nice pool yogurt pool area
Reviewed 1 July 2015

The hotel room was beautiful. everything was in good condition. The bathroom was very nice and clean. The hallway was clean.there is plenty to do on the outside like renting kayaks and canoes and paddle boards. The pool area was a little crowded but too quiet i would have preferred some island music or something. the yards and the parking very clean.
I was gonna eat in the restaurant that was behind the hotel but although very beautiful and open the hostesses and server were playing with a black dog.and the dog was inside the restaurant. Not everybody loves dogs like that. And they were playing with the dog and the dog was getting on top of them so i decided to go to the restaurant across the street. They were not gonna serve me after playing with that dog. In the morning the breakfast was very good there was good and fresh food and enough for everybody. loved it!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

Clean, newer hotel.. great AC on a very hot day! Slept like a baby after a full day on the keys...breakfast was ok...hot options typical of this chain...friendly helpful staff.
Room was very clean with good quality bedding. Good value.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 27Words
Reviewed 24 June 2015

As far as I am concerned, and my opinion only, this is only one of two newer, decent hotels in Marathon FL on US 1. I stayed there in June of 2015. It was clean and fairly new. The hotel was extremely busy with many tourist and out of country visitors. The hotel was somewhat noisy though as it was occupied by many families with children who had a tendency to slam the room doors and run up and down the hallways at night. They served a decent breakfast even though I did not care for the taste of the cheese. Coffee was always hot and fresh, and available 24/7. I would go back.

Room Tip: Third Floor
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ltthorpe
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

Everyone at the hotel was wonderful and very helpful. It wasn't until I met the manager Bonnie over at captain hooks which made me decide to stay somewhere else. I was never informed that my snorkeling trip I booked the day before was cancelled for this site and was over at the main location. One of the guys for kayaking told us this at 8:15 and the boat leaves at 8:30. He kindly showed us to Bonnie and said she would help us. The first thing out of her mouth was a cab only costs $5. By the time a cab would've even made it to the hotel the boat would've been gone. She then went on to tell us that there were no refunds and that we should've been aware they can leave from either site. Nobody called to tell my mother or I that the boat was broken and they were leaving from the main site and we explained this to her that we were told to meet outside the hotel at 8 o'clock. She eventually gave us our money back after being incredibly nasty about it and was saying how the girl who helped us was going to be in trouble and she just had a very negative attitude. She was also saying this in front of other workers and customers who you could tell were shocked about her persona. I then went in to the hotel to find out who to put a complain into and was given the general managers email. I was never responded to and this makes it seem like they do not care about what their customers think unless it's good reviews.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank K_tina25
Nancy B, Director of Sales at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2015

Dear Recent Guest,

WE would like to apologize for the unfortunate experience in our Marina! Upon receiving your review, we realized that miscommunication about the location of where the guests would board the snorkel boat turned in to a huge problem. We are looking into this, and trying to rectify how this important detail is not miscommunicated, and mostly, that our guests receive whatever message that we are trying to convey in a nice light and feel as though we appreciate them being here!
Thank you for letting us know about your experience and we do hope to have the opportunity to have you as a guest once again.

Respectfully,
Phone:305.289.0222
Fax: 305.743.5460
nbennett@spottswood.com

Reviewed 16 June 2015

This was our first stay at this motel which has been completely redone since being damaged in a hurricane. It still had that new hotel smell in places. Seemed a bit expensive to us, at almost $200, but not being from FL, this may not be accurate. It was a good, relaxing evening, comfortable room and bed, and there was a nice restaurant across the street which was perfect for us because we didn't want to have to drive anywhere else after we checked in.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple