4,312 results
All reviews the butterfly cafe adult pool family pool three bedroom lagoon pool tiki bar on the beach main pool beach front key west bedroom townhouse putting green water sports turtle hospital full kitchen sea grass back porch water view
Reviewed 23 May 2012

THis resort is simply gorgeous... the name is spot on - tranquility bay- the resort is quiet, peaceful, well kept, staff is super friendly, not over bearing and in your face, very flexible and most importantly.... HAPPY !

We rented a 3 bedroom house and really had no complaints. We went 3 couples per house which sucked because I got stuck with the twin bed room, but fair is fair and we knew someone would get stuck with it anyway. The houses are complete with everything you could ask for... very clean, everything worked except for the fridge, it didn't cool as much as it should have but we never called for assistance. So I cant blame the resort. Washer/Dryer was very handy to have, the terraces are GORGEOUS, SPACIOUS and perfect for relaxing and having drinks and great conversation with friends and loved ones.

The only thing missing was a hot tub- there is none on the property (that i know of). The lagoon pool is awesome! The swimming beach is as good as you can get in the keys, and the adult pool is cute, but very small. WATCH OUT FOR IGUANAS EVERY WHERE!! Dont worry, they're harmless.

The hotel restaurant food was AMAZING. but the service sucked. Hour dinner was almost 4 hours long, they forgot to open my bottle of wine (had to send it back), and even though the restaurant was almost empty, the service took foreverrrrr... Its not cheap, so I expected better service.

We did cook in our houses the rest of the time so that was a great way to save time and money.

I cant wait to come back to tranquility bay... DEFINITELY RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lilbee1125
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This was our first time at Tranquility Bay and we were absolutely delighted. The townhouse was lovely and very clean. Staff were very friendly and courteous. Property is very well kept. Lovely bay beach, ADULT ONLY pool which is a big plus. Stay away from the spa services!!! Our massage was no more than a gentle rub and for $120 plus 25% automatically tacked on it was a total rip off. 45 minute drive to Key West for an evening of fun but back to quiet at Tranquility Bay. We didn't dine at the restaurant but our neighbors told us the food and service were wonderful. Many good restaurants in the area. We plan to return this winter.

Room tip: Make sure you state your preferences when you make a reservation - stay away from kiddie area if no children, beach view if possible, etc.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carol V
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed at Tranquility Bay for 4 days for our 30th Anniversary before moving on to Key West. We arrived late (8:30 PM) and were assigned to Unit 15, which had no sunset view and was directly behind the Kiddie Pool. The next day after listening to several screaming toddlers and their nagging mother, we requested to change units to a sunset facing room away from the pool. To my surprise (after politely telling the desk clerk that it was a special anniversary) we were immediately moved to unit 38, which was right on the beach and had a great view.
The weather did not cooperate as there were monsoon rains for 2 of the 4 days, but with the 2 covered porches and adirondack chairs we were able to read and relax.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and the kitchen had granite countertops and all new appliances, and was fully stocked for cooking. We had an excellent light dinner of appetizers at the Butterfly Cafe when we arrived, and the server and hostess were very pleasant and accommodating. The food was excellent, especially the crab cakes! Our anniversary dinner was fantastic, any fish dish is excellent. Our dessert plates (frozen key lime pie) were decorated with congratulatory messages.
This is a beautiful resort, but there is not much to do in Marathon. We went to Curry Hammock state park to attempt to rent kayaks but the weather was too bad. We did not do the turtle museum. We did find a great Italian restaurant called Frank's. My husband ran every day to the 7 mile bridge to Pigeon Key. The sunsets were great with the accompaniment of a margarita from the tiki bar. There are plenty of lounge chairs and if the weather had been better we would have used them more!

Room tip: As the rooms are assigned first come first served, ask for something on the 30's side.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathylena
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Amazing location, beautiful views, nicely landscaped, comfortable and spacious units, delectable on-site dining.... the list could go on.... This was my second visit to Tranquility Bay, and I am looking forward to coming back again. Great place to rest, relax, and recharge!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank RunGirl73
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We rented a 3 bedroom 3 bath Waterfront (#83). I think we paid about $400 a night when you add the taxes and all the fees. I think the base price was $322 a night but there were fees. The beds were the MOSt comfortable of any we slept in our entire 2 weeks in the Fla. Keys. Everything is very clean. No chipping paint, mildew, etc. We LOVED the water view. Our son and his girlfriend spent every evening fishing from the dock literally right outside the back door. A short walk away is a great lagoon with a beach. Also a short walk away is a spectacular pool. The only complaint I have is that I got mixed up and thought check out was noon instead of 11. At 11:15 I got a visit from two of the staff wanting to know when I was checking out. Then I got a phone call and at about 11:45 I got yet another call reminding me of checkout time. I think we left at 11:50. There must have been someone coming in right behind us. Tranquility Bay is beautiful in every way. We will for sure be back. Oh and it was my birthday . They treated me to a nice bottle of Red Zinfindel wine which is truly my favorite.

Room tip: A Waterview room is GREAT!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family