13 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$229
FindHotel$237
travelup.com$361
1,140 results
All reviews paddle boards postcard inn water trampoline hard boiled eggs sister hotel continental breakfast yogurt ocean front third floor key west king suite pool bar fish great amenities plenty of chairs beach area lounge chairs
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2022 via mobile

Horrible place, we couldn’t check in til 6pm “cause the room wasn’t ready” and the treatment was really bad they didn’t seemed to care. Not recommendable at all. I’m a regular at the Florida keys and definitely will never come back to this establishment.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at Pelican Cove Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2022

Dear Pedrillo,
We hope you will accept our apologies for not providing the exceptional stay you should always receive from us. Our goal is to give genuine, thoughtful service to all of our guests, and we regret that this was not your experience. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention, and we will address your feedback appropriately. We would be honored to have you revisit to restore your confidence in us.

Reviewed 22 July 2022 via mobile

Starting with a 2… we checked in yesterday. Somehow we happen to be put in the same room we had last year.
If you look back at all the notes I shared last year, NOTHING changed, other then I had to change a lightbulb for one of the only 2 light sources. And we have a bedside outlet which doesn’t work. Also some additions to this year is the AC comes on and goes off obnoxiously loud.
Woke up today to a broken elevator.
Wanted to leave, but was talked into staying by my wife, the views, beach and pool are still amazing. Not worth a return.
Here until Sunday(ish)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at Pelican Cove Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2022

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are incredibly sorry to see that your stay with us was not perfect. The things you have mentioned are not acceptable and will be addressed with diligence. We expect the rest of your visit will be much improved.

Reviewed 20 July 2022

I don’t even know where to start. This got great reviews so we were excited to stay here. I don’t know if the management company changed or what happened but DO NOT STAY HERE AT ANY PRICE. ZERO amenities -we are talking towels, not anything fancy. We were told “they are being washed” but a couple we met at the pool said they’ve been “being washed” for days. ZERO service. . ZERO housekeeping due to “short staffing”. I personally do not want to take the trash out on my vacation.
And the kicker, a 2 inch LIVE ROACH ( excuse me-palmetto bug) scampered across our room.
DO NOT STAY HERE

Room tip: Go somewhere else
1  Thank Rhonda333781
General Manager, General Manager at Pelican Cove Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2022

Dear Rhonda,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We strive to provide a perfect experience for all of our guests and apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. As a result, we have notified our staff of your comments to ensure they do not happen again in the future. Additionally, we're very concerned about your comments regarding pests and have been working with our team to investigate your accommodations as this is not a common experience at our hotel. We will use your remarks to continue improving and wish you safe travels on your next adventure.

Reviewed 12 July 2022 via mobile

Let me start by saying this resort is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! It has potential to be a 5 star rating. The outdoor amenities are wonderful. My family enjoyed the paddle boards. I like that the postcard inn is right next door and all of the outdoor amenities at postcard are free for use for those staying at pelican cove. Kids loved the free sno cones. Fishing is great from the dock, shrimp seemed to work best. The rooms were small but nicely updated, and I knew when I booked the room they would be small, so that didn’t bother me. This is where my rating went from a ‘5’ to a ‘3’. We stayed 8 nights and had absolutely NO housekeeping come into our room the entire stay. Being on a beach with kids you could imagine the sand that was tracked in, despite our best efforts. By the end of our stay I was wanting to buy a broom at the grocery store so I could clean it myself. We would call for clean towels and it would take 3 or 4 calls to get them sent to the room and sometimes they never came. I think we went 3 days without washcloths. I even had to break into our own towels I brought for snorkeling so we could dry after our showers. We had an issue with someone breaking into our room while we were gone. We came back to find the thermostat had been changed, someone had been on our balcony and left the door unlocked and made a spill on our sheets. I informed the front desk but my concerns did not seem validated. I was given clean sheets to change them myself. I really feel like for the price to stay here, housekeeping should at least be coming into the rooms every few days, but definitely should have come in sometime during a 8 night stay. I personally would probably not stay here again, unless the housekeeping issues were corrected, because everything else was great!

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Huntandfishfamily
General Manager, General Manager at Pelican Cove Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2022

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is wonderful to hear that you were able to utilize our awesome on-site amenities. At this time, we are not offering daily housekeeping service, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. We want to ensure any guest requests are being fulfilled in a timely manner and will work with our team to resolve this issue for our future guests. We thank you for your feedback and hope you will allow us another opportunity to host you in the future when we have resumed our full service.

Reviewed 9 July 2022 via mobile

Nice resort with the ability to use all of the amenities at the postcard inn next door. I was nervous booking with some of the other reviews, but honestly this place is fun! Nancy at the front office is very nice and we loved the free shuttle they offered to the nearby restaurants! There is also a free shuttle from the pelican to the postcard inn. The office texted daily to make sure we had everything we needed and brought us supplies if we requested them. Staff went out of their way to make sure we had a nice vacation. There were a few quirks with the resort that us being pretty low-key travelers didn’t mind such as finding pool towels after hours, but the office staff were able and willing to get us more towels on request. I’d stay here again!

1  Thank Alana R
General Manager, General Manager at Pelican Cove Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2022

Dear Alana,
Thank you for the outstanding rating of your recent stay at Pelican Cove Resort & Marina.
We're pleased you had a wonderful time with us and enjoyed our excellent facilities, convenient shuttle service, and exceptional service. You can be certain your kind words will be shared with Nancy. It's the best compliment knowing you'll visit with us again in beautiful Islamorada, so come back soon!