Lowest prices for your stay
$371
Hotels.com$371
Travelocity$371
Priceline$433
1,119 results
All reviews paddle boards postcard inn water trampoline hard boiled eggs sister hotel continental breakfast yogurt ocean front third floor key west king suite pool bar fish great amenities plenty of chairs beach area lounge chairs
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2021 via mobile

We have been staying at Pelican Cove for the last five years. We live in South Florida and come down to Islamorada at least once, if not twice a year and have always stayed at Pelican Cove but our visit this week was a little disappointing.

We arrived on Tuesday, May 4th around 4:00 p.m. When I checked in the young woman told me “we are going to upgrade you to a Oceanfront Junior Suite.” I had originally booked a King View Cove Room which is right by the marina and close to the office on the Southern end of the property. Pelican Cove has three sections and the room they gave us was at the most northern end of their complex on the third floor (room 319). My husband did not want to make an issue of this so we just kept the room. I found out today when I checked out the reason they upgraded us is because they oversold the type of room I had reserved.

The door to room 319 was extremely hard to open and close. As you can see by the pictures there was damage to the door frame. In addition, the bathroom cabinet is coming apart, the mattress should have been replaced because there was no support (same issue with the pillows), the air conditioning is extremely loud and all the units for the entire complex are on the roof you can hear them every time they come on.

Because of COVID they are not offering housekeeping to their guests but told us if we needed anything to let them know.

Breakfast is included in your room rate and there is a large assortment of items - cereal, hard boiled eggs, juice, bagels, etc. and Tonetka (who is one of the servers) was extremely nice and helpful as are all the other employees.

Pelican Cove has a small beach area and plenty of chairs on the beach but I noticed several were torn and needed to be repaired.

Pelican Cove is a great value compared to other hotels in the area but it seems to me they aren’t maintaining it the way they should. I’m not sure we will stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Miguel Waldo, General Manager at Pelican Cove Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2021

Dear Nancy C,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. Please allow me to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay as we take great pride in your comfort. I have made my executive team aware of the items you mention so we can rectify them as soon as we are able to get in the room you stayed. We have been sold out almost every night since mid February and are working diligently to fix any problems as soon as the rooms are unoccupied. We appreciate your continued patronage for the past 5 years and hope that if you are ever in Islamorada again you give us another opportunity to host you.

Reviewed 7 May 2021 via mobile

What can I say? My husband and I are going to Pelican Bay this Summer and ran into issues with third party vendors. We booked and it never went through.
That's when we were fortunate enough to communicate with Sara. If you ever consider going to Pelican, plan with Sara. She was so helpful, understanding,patient, followed through on all reservations and made everything seamless for us as if we were her only guests. So much of our trust these days goes through ads commercials etc.
Sara is enthusiastic, passionate about her work, which allows us to relax and leave it to a true professional, we cannot wait to meet you!!
Thanks Sara, and thank you Pelican Bay, we will keep TA posted after the trip, see you soon

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Miguel Waldo, General Manager at Pelican Cove Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2021

Dear Laura,
Our number one goal is to make your stay as memorable as possible. Our team members are committed to providing you with the level of hospitality that you expect and deserve. I'm happy that Sarah has been able to assist you with your upcoming trip, she is truly a superstar. I will be sure to share your comments with her as well as the entire team.
We look forward to meeting you and helping you make memories at Pelican Cove that will assure you that you made the right decision about staying with us.
See you soon and if you have any further questions you can also contact myself.

Reviewed 6 May 2021

Pelican Cove on IslaMorada is a perfect location for your southbound arrival and northbound departure. Coconut mojito is a must try & their rum runner is also a winner. Pools and beach view amazing. Felt like we were alone based on the way the buildings are staggered the view from our balcony rm 214 was totally private. Also, relative to the rest of the Key's this Pelican Cove is a great value.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tim P,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a 5 Star Review. I'm glad you had a memorable experience. Pelican Cove is a truly peaceful resort and the views of the ocean are priceless.

Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

Great, peaceful, beautiful location, perfect size, great “Covid safe” breakfast - they offer so much variety. Pool was clean. Room was spotless, loved the kitchen. Fire pit & Kayak a plus... we will be back!

Date of stay: April 2021

Dear Randee P,
Thank you for your wonderful 5 Star Review. We completely agree, this is a Wonderful Resort with a variety of activities to make your stay memorable. I'm glad you had such a great experience.

Reviewed 29 April 2021 via mobile

What can I not say about this property. From the moment my fiancé and I walked in the lobby we were greeted by a sweet smile from Sarah. Our room was ready when we arrived at 2pm and we were also upgraded from a no view to an ocean front room. Sarah was so accommodating and explained everything about Pelican Cove’s property and the sister property next door Postcard Inn. Breakfast was very nice and the. Breakfast attendant was also sweet as could be. We enjoyed kayaks and fish like a local with Patrick this has been by far the best stay on the keys and we can’t wait to come back thanks again Sarah for your kind welcome and departure goodbyes

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Bonfirecraig
Miguel Waldo, General Manager at Pelican Cove Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2021

Dear Bonfirecraig,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your Fantastic Five Star Review. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with the level of hospitality that you and your fiancé expected and deserved. Our number one asset are our team members, and they are all committed with providing you with a memorable experience. Sarah, Torneka and Patrick are superstars and I will be sure to share your comments with them as well as the entire team.