New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Coconut Cove Resort and Marina
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
GreenLeadersSilver level
Glen Ellyn
“Nice "Florida Keys" place to stay..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My Boyfriend and I stayed at Coconut Cove for 7 days this past week. This is our second time to the Keys and there will be plenty more to come!! Our room (Captain’s Cottage) was perfect! Working kitchen with plenty of room! Picnic table outside of our room was nice. The Pool was very pretty! Spent a full day at it just chilling in between our fishing days... If you’re a coffee drinker, make sure you bring a can, office did not open until 9am for complimentary coffee. They also have packaged “honey buns” in the office, There is no Tiki bar or restaurant on the grounds, but some great places very close by. If you are looking to do a fishing Charter or do Water sports, you will need to call the numbers given to set this up. There is no 'on-grounds" activities. The resort grounds were well maintained and overall it was a great stay for us.. Keep in mind, this resort is not the Checca or the Islander!! If you want high-class stay there! This place is your typical Florida Keys resort. It is an older resort but it does have Newer rooms on the grounds. No make-up, hair pulled into a pony every day, hats, shorts and tanks everyday..If you are looking for a laid back, typical Florida Keys stay, I would recommend this place to family and friends!!!

Room Tip: Captin's rooms had nice view of Ocean view, a little far although from waterfront.. A/C needs t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michell S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
North Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Having a destination wedding at a location I have never seen nor know anyone that has ever seen made me a little nervous, not going to lie, but it was my dream to get married on the beach and I was willing to take that chance... I am SOOOOO GLAD I DID!!!
I had called a couple other resorts in the Florida keys to get quotes for our wedding, some told us that they don't do weddings in march due to spring breakers and others took weeks to get back to us. My now husband was helping me look since I was getting fustrated about finding the perfect place that was affordable and classy, not to mention they would actually get back to me in a timly matter. (not all of us are on island time :) )
He came across the Coconut Cove Website and asked me if I called them. I thought what the heck why not... BEST CALL I HAVE EVER MADE!!!
Paul and Magda where awesome. When i called or emailed with any question big or small they got back to me in less then 24 hrs. When we got there they took such good care of us... the resort was ours.
We stayed at the resort for 7 days and each and everyday Paul and Magda and thier staff made sure we were taken care of the entire time! I know we would have not gotten this kind of treatment at any other resort.
Then there was the wedding... i could have never dreamed that it would have been as spectacular as it was. They had every detail down, from the awesome amazing flowers (which all i did was send a couple pictures to Magda and she did the rest) to the table decore to they way they set up the guest book table and seating arangements. The food, I will go back and bring my 57 guest so that we can just enjoy the fantastic food!

Paul and Magda and thier staff truly allowed us to have a worry stress free wedding. Truly amazing!!! Everyone had an awesome and 2 weeks later Im still getting facebook messages on how awesome the wedding was!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank KellyCummiskey
FarinaPR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

This place is everything you need in the Keys!! The property is sooo beautiful! The rooms are a bit dated, but CLEAN!!! Paul and Magda (the owners) are GREAT! They are so helpful with ANYTHING that you need!!! I will never stay anywhere else when I come to the upper keys, I am a lifelong Coconut Cove Resort customer! It's in a great location and wait until you see the amazing pool!!!!! We could just sit there all day and be the happiest two people could be. We recommend this place 100 out of 100%!!!
-Lauren

Room Tip: The cottages are the more outdated rooms, but they have a small kitchen and have the best view - eit...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FarinaPR
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is our third time visiting the Coconut Cove Resort..it's a little tucked away hotel overlooking the ocean. While the hotel rooms & gym could use a little TLC, the grounds & pool are pretty and relaxing. My kids love all the different areas to play and it is family owned. The family who owns and runs this hotel are sweet and very attentive to their guests. They have little children who are extremely informative about all sea life and animals on the premises. You can feed the birds and fish as well as go fishing off one of the two docks and piers. Best of all, this hotel is pet friendly. It always great taking our puppy along with us on vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Kim A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I love Coconut Cove Resort and Marina! This is our second time there, and it is always a great and relaxing time..the rooms are very clean and the staff is very friendly...great place, they will definetly be seeing us again

• Stayed February 2012