All reviews moroccan room the secret garden bed and breakfast b and b quiet neighborhood key west jacuzzi tub breakfast was delicious spent two nights local attractions chain hotel coffee maker wi fi large bathroom overseas highway angela patio
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My husand and I had never stayed at a B&B before so we honestly didn't know what to expect. We were only staying for 1 night on our way down to Key West but I wish we had stayed longer! Next time we definitely will. :)

When we arrived, Brian was extremely welcoming and helpful. Kathy and Ms. Thorn who we met later were wonderful as well! We had originally asked for the Tiki Hut (we were on a tight budget and you can't beat the price. Especially during the high season there!) but they upgraded us the Bombay Room for no extra charge. The two rooms do share a bathroom which is not attached to either room. At first I thought that might be weird but it really wasn't. The room itself was small but very nice. The bed was very comfortable and everything is beautifully decorated. Everything was very clean. The value was excellent. Where else can you find rates this good in the Keys in March?! It was more than twice the price for the Holiday Inn up the road.

The gardens around the house and pool are beautiful. And since the house is back in a more residential neighborhood, you lose a lot of the road noise from US 1 which is a constant in most of the hotels loctated along the highway. It was so peaceful you could almost forget the highway was even there! In the evening you can go up to the room by the pool and look at the stars. Its also in a great location to get to nearby attractions and restuarants.

Since we'd never stayed in a B&B before I didn't realize the "breakfast" was quite so literal. (silly of me I know) The staff was accomidating in the morning and food was amazing! Breakfast is served at your own little table outside your room. We had pancakes with fruit, bacon, sausage and fresh squeezed orange juice as well as tea and coffee. They're great about asking after food preferences and allergies the night before.

All in all we loved it here. It's very romantic and we'll be going back as soon as we're able!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We have been to Casa Thorn twice now and really love it! The gardens are beautiful and definately give you a taste of old Florida. The environment is peaceful and relaxing. So relaxing that we spent almost a whole day sitting outside our room sipping on coffee and reading in our pajamas. Miss Thorn is a delightful and interesting woman and the staff of Kathy, Brian and Randy were very attentive and ready to please at a moments notice. If you want a beautiful environment where you can relax and feel at home this is the place to go.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We spent 6 nights at Casa Thorn during our winter get away and had a wonderful time. We were welcomed by Miss Thorn and her great staff who made us feel at home right from the start. The rooms are uniquely decorated and the garden is beautiful. Breakfast was awesome. It is located close to everything that you would ever need and it is easy to find and get to. We highly recommend Casa Thorn and we are looking forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: Depending on what you want, all rooms are superior and unique.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I've been coming to Casa Thorn for 25 years. From the very beginning until our latest trip in February. It is the still the best bed & breakfast place I have ever been to. The rooms are all very unique and decorated in style, from the Moroccan Room to the Secret Garden Room they are all very cozy and done with great taste.

The service is impeccable and the rooms are well equipped: TV, VCR, DVD, hair dryers and robes -- All you need is yourself and nothing else.

The 2 spots we prefer are the pool and the upper sundeck, this past Christmas it was 85 and sunny, what a way to get a winter tan. I have travelled all over the world, from Hong Kong to Taihiti and from Paris to Cairo and this place is one of my very favorites.

Thorn has become a dear friend and still gives great advice about places to eat and things to do in Islamorada. By the way, Kathy & Brian are back, along with Brian's brother, Randy and they are serving a full breakfast each morning to the table right outside of your room.

I have recommended this place to my friends and business associates and I would recommend it to you as well.

We'll be back soon!

Tony & Gail Hansen

Thorn still gives great advice on where to go in Islamorada

Room Tip: The Malaysian Room offers a kitchenette, king size bed, private bath and a covered lanai and it is located next the pool. If you want privacy, the Secret Garden has two garden areas and is secluded from everyone.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I spent two nights at Casa Thorn in late February for my birthday. I am so happy that I did not reserve a typical hotel room. Casa Thorn is a beautiful getaway. The gardens are beautiful. The pool area is relaxing and not crowded. It is located next to all the restaurants and night life. I would highly recommend Casa Thorn. I will definately be back!

Room Tip: The rooms are different sizes. Make sure to reveiw their website for pictures of the rooms and grounds.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends