“Good Value”
Review of La Jolla Resort

La Jolla Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We went for a night to get out of Ft Lauderdale. I have passed this place many times. The staff was very nice, the free kayaks and bike access is fantastic. Love that you can take them out anytime, and we did. The kayaking right off the beach was amazing. The only thing I will say is that the bed in room v, needs to be replaced as it was extremely uncomfortable. Other than that, I love this place and will be back, I'll just ask for another room next time.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank amy m

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We spent one night at La Jolla. It was a great experience for us. Who took a day off without the children and escaped to Islamorada.
This is a great old fashion hotel with nice rooms with sofa, stove, fridge and a big bed.
We wanted to stay longer but the kids were back on Saturday night therefore paradise was kinda cut short. No complaints other than the water front has no beach but that is usual in Islamorada. The staff is very courteous and helpful. rooms are very clean and the atmosphere is relaxing

Room Tip: Room M is great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pahvis
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We just returned from our trip to the Keys and we decided to stay in Islamorada after previous trips to Key West. La Jolla was perfect! I'm the person who reads every review on Trip Advisor and researches (and over-researches) so I appreciate the information that other travelers share. La Jolla was very relaxed, very clean (I mean it) and the entire staff is friendly and welcoming. We stayed in Unit B, which looked directly out to the bay and it was beautiful. We used the full kitchen and the beach grill for a lot of our meals, but there are also plenty of restaurants and bars close to La Jolla. We walked to a lot of shopping too. We completely enjoyed the small pool--we were the only ones using it most of the days, even though the resort seemed to be booked! The landscaping is cute, the buildings are nicely painted and our unit was tastefully decorated. Hopefully our photos will convince you--I just hope they aren't completely booked the next time we go to the Keys!

Room Tip: We enjoyed room "B" which directly faced the water. However, once the room above ours was...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonesy806
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My stay at La Jolla was one of the best accommodation experiences I've ever had. I don't know if it was the great views, the wonderful staff, or the perfect location that makes me want to go back so quick. The staff is by far the best staff I've ever encountered at a hospitality establishment. They are genuinely happy people and care about your stay at La Jolla. The resort lets you use kayaks and bikes for free everyday. Every time we went to rent their equipment the staff greeted us and knew us by name. The view is perfect, it is on the bay side and has beautiful skys at sunset. Not to mention boat slips and a dock for all you boaters out there. My favorite thing was the fact that we could ride our bike everywhere! We La Jolla's bikes and even kayaked to some of the best restaurants on the island. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been updated since 2010 I think, and are all very different. Each has different d...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emight12
Reviewed 22 February 2012

What a wonderful place to stay! The service was amazing!! The people were so friendly! It is a great location also because you can walk to restaurants and night life! Which is a big plus! Or take a bike they provide! Everything was very clean! I can't even say how much we enjoyed ourselves!!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Islandgirl0930
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
3.8 km away
3.3 km away
Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
#4 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to La Jolla Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK