“Jet Ski and a half day of kayaking!!!”
Review of The Kayak Shack

The Kayak Shack
Ranked #9 of 163 Tours in Islamorada
Reviewed 13 August 2017

When reviewing what to do with my teenage boys in the keys I knew they would love riding the jet skis. Robbie's Kayak Shack offered a free half day kayak and free snorkeling with the two hour jet ski tour. Better yet they let us do that over two separate days!! That worked out because we would have been too tired to do both in the same day. The jet ski tour was full out adrenaline and the boys loved it (wife not so much) It was too rough in the ocean so we stayed in the bay which was fine for the jetskis but not too great for the snorkeling. So if you get the chance to go when less windy go then. When kayaking we had planned to visit the two little keys but the staff advised us that we would have much more fun in the mangroves. Great Tip!! The mangroves were very cool even though the Crocs were no where to be found. It is on the top of my list to come back and use this facility in the future!!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"in great shape"
"explained everything"

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I wasn't too excited about this being as I am not a nature person...but my husband and children insisted we try this. When Mitch mentioned crocodiles...I was ready to mad dash it back to the car but I ended up going. It was definitely an experience. It was so much fun once we got the hang of how to actually kayak. We spent about 3-4 hours out on the water. We didn't see any crocs or manatees but the experience itself rocked. Sunscreen and OFF are a definite MUST! Other than that...enjoooooy it!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We recently rented kayaks to see the mangroves. MItchell, Paul and Jeff were very helpful and got us all set to go in minutes. The kayaks were all in great shape and we all were given a cooler to keep our drinks cold. This is a great place in a fun location and I would highly recommend them!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The Kayak Shack is an awesome hidden gym at Robbie's!!! Ask for Mitchell and you will thank me later!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Steven made this one of the highlights of our Florida Keys!! He was very knowledgeable about the mangroves, and went out of his way to make sure we had a great experience! In fact, he went above and beyond our expectations. We saw horseshoe crabs up close, jellyfish, birds and all kinds of fish, and even a baby shark! We will never forget our experience and hope to do this again sometime! Highly recommended! Alan and Katie Reed from Ft. Worth, Texas