“Quaint guest house in old key west has lovely staff and clean, simple rooms, a pool and free parking.”
Review of Azul Key West

Azul Key West
Ranked #43 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My trip to Azul was my 2nd to key west and wow was I excited. We were greeted by becca who was bright and bubbly. There was a couple just ahead of me so after a brief wait we were Quicky passed through the check in process and we were off on a tour. I also got a detailed map and some coupons for the trolley your.

Azul was built by a cigar baron for his 20 year old son. It has amazing architecture and cute rooms with basic furnishings. A/c and fans with remotes. And you get a cooler if you want. Very practical as you can take it right to the beach.

I was in the flor room upstairs with a shared balcony. Inside there were cool rocks sprinkled on the bed and basic amenities in the bathroom. The room was small but very clean. The furnishings were old but the floors amazing due to their no rolling luggage rules.

The hotel is also non smoking, no pets and no kids.

Island bikes is right down the block with $15 rentals for 24 hours. Pick one up. Azul has bike racks. You dont want a car in key west but a bike is key.

Breakfast is between 8-10. Well presented with fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt and muffins. Coffee, oj, milk, and hot water / tea is available 25 hours from a machine outside.

There is also free parking and free wifi. (see cons)

Only cons:
My wi-fi didn't work which was disappointing and no staff after 7 pm for questions. The pool is rarely sunny.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Charlie305
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed at the Azul in August last year and we were really impressed !We were greeted by Michael who was lovely , very friendly , helpful and professional . We stayed in the luxury suite , on the top floor , which was very spacious -and surprisingly cool considering it was so hot outside ! The location of the hotel is good and we enjoyed our daily walks to Duval street , breakfast was nice - fresh fruit / muffins / yoghurt . We stayed in 6 hotels on our holiday in Florida , which were all of a good standard - however I felt that this one was the best as it had individuality and the personal touch and character , plus key west is such a gorgeous place !! I would definitely reccomend this hotel - really can't fault it - a beautiful place !

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Ladyogradie
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We are going back to Key West and, when we do, we definitely intend to stay at Azul Key West again! It was wonderful, convenient, clean, friendly, comfortable, lovely. We have nothing negative to say. People were super nice. Anything we wanted, all we had to do was ask. Most of the time we didn't even have to ask; they offered it. Great suggestions for activities, restaurants, local businesses, directions. Michael was the best! Very helpful and friendly. We felt charmed to have found such a place.

Room Tip: No elevator. A/C unit is noisy but you get used to it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KatrinaFristoe
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This place was a breath of fresh air after staying at another hotel. We arrived and were very welcomed by Michael. They are lucky to have him there as he does his job very well. He helped us with our bags, was always eager to help us with directions and was just very pleasant to be around. We loved the zen like atmosphere.. Nice chill music was playing on the patio, and the best, the B&B does not allow children. We are in our 50's and have been there and did that.. It was great to find a place that we did not have to listen to screaming, whiney children. It was sooo relaxing... We will definately be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jamaCt
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I recently stayed at Azul for a wedding I planned in Key West. At first I was hesitant since I had never stayed at a B&B before but my experience was great! I arrived and met with Michael. He was very efficient and offered wonderful customer service. Very friendly and personable. He showed me to my room and described the amenities. The property is wonderful and so serene. You would never imagine that you are just steps away from the party street - Duval! The continental breakfast included is great if you are on the go!

I look forward to going back and spending a relaxing time at this B&B!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business