“Unexpected Delight”

Grand Cafe Key West
Ranked #136 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 45
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: Grand Cafe is situated on world famous Duval Street - After lunch enjoy a relaxing afternoon sipping Mojitos, Caprihinas, Maragaritas or fine wines watching the world go by. In the evening sit indoors or out while tasting our menu of perfectly prepared local seafoods, aged meats and many dishes with global influences., paired with wine from our Wine Spectator Award list.
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We picked this restaurant at random, and were pleasantly surprised. Great service and the food was delicious. It was a bit on the pricey side, but overall a nice time.

2  Thank Bigshoes253
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

My husband and I ate at the Grand Cafe on our anniversary and couldn't have been happier with the meal and the service. The meal was terrific and the atmosphere was great. We sat ourside on the front porch and had a great view of Duval street to people watch. We made reservations because it was a weekend evening and I would recommend doing the same if going on a weekend.

1  Thank JandJinCT
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We brought a 2 1/2 year that was past out and they couldn't have been any more accommodateing. They brought us out pillows to lay him down as we ate! The server Tereza was so pationt and just seemed to always have the best timing on when our table needed something. Can't forget about the best tasting food. Everything we ate including dissert was so good! Should go check it out yourself!

2  Thank Jackiannotti
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband and I came here with friends and we were very much looking forward to a nice, gourmet dinner. The food was very good, but unfortunately the service was absolutely terrible and it was not at all busy whatsoever. We had a coupon for a free bottle of house wine, so maybe our server thought we were cheap (definitely NOT the case). We were left alone for considerable periods of time, and we weren't even able to order another bottle of wine because our server didn't come around enough for us to place an order. Because the service was so bad, we will never go back to the Grand. To top it off, I have a severe nut allergy and notified the server who then brought me food with nuts and did not come back to check on us until after everyone else at the table had finished eating. I tried some of their food, and it was great, but I couldn't try my own food. Never, ever have we left a poor tip before coming here. It's a shame because we really had high hopes for this place. Real bummer! We sure wish a manager had stopped by our table!

2  Thank travelgirlNH123
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

Slow, slow, slow......wow do these servers acutally live off of tips? Because with the way they move and don't care about anything. How can they.

They must be salary! Or the fact that 99% of the restaurants are still open because they feed off tourists like sharks. It is a joke!

The spinach salad was a brutal mistake, presentation was a disaster. They must have waste management plating these dishes. It's supposed to be warm, but it was room temp at best. Old mushrooms, old bacon, some oily vinaigrette, one sliced up egg.

I had the 10 oz filet, dry, but I will give them the temp was spot on. Mash good, but the baby carrots hard as a rock, I couldn't even cut them.

Also had the snapper, which tasted like it looked. Fish fried in dirty oil. it should have been sautéed like the menu said.

But sautéed means, high heat little oil, they say they use butter to sauté, butter burns because has to low of a smoke point.

If you want bad food and bad service this is your place.

And come on people wake up with your drunken reviews! All of these restaurants suck in key west! My advice stay drunk and eat Denny's at least you know what your getting.

Captain foodie