“What a racket!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Sloppy Joes seems to be the watering hole sought out by near to all Key West visitors. It is kind'a hard to imagine Mr. Hemingway enduring the enormous racket at the place. Of course it is a tourist trap, but the bar staff do their best to be welcoming and kind. It was interesting to enjoy a beer, but we do not feel the need to go back.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I liked it! I have had dreams of Hemingway and it was really cool to see it. Key West is what it is (AWESOME!!), and this place fots in. We didn’t eat. And the live music is too loud for kids...

Reviewed 4 April 2018

After having a great tour of the Hemingway House, my husband decided unfortunately to continue onto Ernest’s favorite watering hole Sloppy Joes. We sat at the bar, ordered our drinks and meals. I forget what my husband ordered but he said it was worth two stars, mine couldn’t even give it a one star. I ordered a roast beef sandwich on a baguette type of roll with lettuce, tomatoes, and onion. When it arrived, the bread was completely soggy, the meat was a greyish brown color shaved roast beef and no onions, lettuce or tomatoes in sight. I took a couple of bites and just couldn’t continue. When the bar gal returned, I mentioned that there was no lettuce, tomatoes and the rest with the sandwich and her response was that they had stopped including them because too many people were blaming the lettuce and tomatoes for making them sick. I am not a food snob, and I was starving, but clearly this was the worst sandwich I have ever had in my entire life.

1  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Uncle Lou took care of us and he was super to our kids. The food is typical fried fare and OK. They have live music all the time and like most places in Key West you have to go just to say you went.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is the best place in Key West for a booze party even if you are not a fan of alkohol :) It is really good beer, very good service, nice atmosphere and a lot of people, specialiy of season is one of the places you should go.