“Delicious meals with calm ambiance”
Review of Roof Top Cafe

Roof Top Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Roof Top Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 454 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 36
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Winner - 2014 Master Chef Classic Competition - Best Entrée - Seared Sea Scallops.Roof Top Cafe's Executive Chef Brendan Orr has a style all his own. His rich, culinary history has brought him to Key West, via Miami and Paris, France. His culinary journey has taught him the incredible ability to balance flavors from around the world.Chef Orr delights in bringing you his “New-Island” Cuisine; combining contemporary flavors of the tropics, spices from the far east and staples from the Mediterranean. Chef Orr has mastered the ability to match these tantalizing flavors with the absolute freshest produce, meats and seafood available.The result is nothing less than spectacular, and has brought him three, consecutive years' awards at the Marc House’s Master Chefs Classic, among other honors.Visit Roof Top Café in historic Key West and discover the fresh flavors of Chef Brendan Orr's New-Island Cusine.
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The Roof Top Cafe is a restaurant for all kind of meals. I was there for dinner. The meals are really delicious. You can choose meals from land and sea. The staff is very friendly and attentive. A recommendation for this restaurant is a "must have".
Sometimes they offer 50% off for the meals.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Tried this restaurant at the recommendation of the concierge at our B&B and it did not disappoint! Key West is very quiet now so they were running a special 50% off entrees but this place is definitely worth full price! Jill our server gave fantastic excellent service! Shrimp and grits was delightful! Husband has Shrimp basilico which he said was excellent! Great atmosphere!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We had the absolute best waiter/new friend in Key West!! Great food, fast service! The key lime pie is the best I've ever had!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We were in Key West for a long Labor Day weekend - luckily, we made it out just in time before Hurricane Irma struck. We dined at Roof Top Café one evening. Upon entering the restaurant (note: it's on the second level, so you do need to climb some stairs!), my husband & I immediately noticed the same thing - this restaurant distinctly reminded us of where we had our wedding in St. Thomas! Sadly, that amazing restaurant closed a few years later. We had high hopes that the food would be equally good at Roof Top Café. The food was just...OK. I had chicken, which was piping hot, and probably cooked a little too long (yes, it can sometimes be difficult to get chicken cooked "just right" - I've encountered this issue at restaurants in the past). My husband had fish, and seemed to enjoy his dish. He opted for key lime pie, I chose the flourless chocolate cake. Oh my gosh, the flourless chocolate cake was like eating dark chocolate fudge, it was complete and utter insanity. Really good, but extremely rich - no way for TWO people to finish that dessert after an appetizer and entrée. I had some sort of daiquiri drink that was served in a martini glass. It was just OK, wish I got something different. Sadly, I don't think Roof Top Café is not all that impressive in a culinary sense, but it is one of the nicer dining venues in Key West. We absolutely loved the vibe at this restaurant as it brought us back seven years to our wedding. That's really why I'm rating it 4 stars instead of 3 - food obviously matters tremendously, but it's a great perk when a restaurant has a great atmosphere. With some food improvements, perhaps Roof Top Café could be rated 5 stars!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Nothing wrong with this restaurant, just not sure I'd eat here again. Nice location. Food was average. Ate here after dark, but view would probably been good during the day. Service was a little slow.