“WOW!”
Review of Island House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Island House
SAINT PETERSBURG
“WOW!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

After spending a day here, I checked out early. The guests were very rude and total snobs. I have never experienced an attitude that the guests here have. If you come, either bring a book, or a couple of your own friends with so that you can your own little circle and snub everyone else. I will never return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
16 Thank ROBERT R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
li ny
Reviewed 25 February 2012

stayed there with my partner and had a wonderful time. we never really needed to leave the compound. fine accomidation, full service bar and resturant, gym, pool 2 hot tubs and playroom. dont really need a car either as many things are in walking distance. we were there in the summer off season and were suprised at how busy it was. i would imagine in the winter months this joint is jumping

Room Tip: this is not a cheep place as mens resorts can get top rates, but it was worth it. there are rooms wi...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank broy87
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I traveled here with my buddy after our amazing Atlantis cruise in the Caribbean and wow it was magnificent - we hardly left the complex - the food is great and the staff are ALL just simply brilliant - although a little more expensive than the other options available Island house was worth every single penny. It was both relaxing and loads of fun although we had a room right opposite the restaurant there were no issues at all. Absolutely love the staff they are all very professional and a great asset to the House.
Love it Love it Love it!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms upstairs rather than on ground level
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank ShaunJCLondon
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 31 January 2012

So, in returning to KW after 5 years, my man and I wanted to try out a couple different places. Island House was where we landed for the second half of our trip. Let me start off by saying that we would definitely stay here again. It was in some ways more than we expected and in some ways less than expected. I'll break it down.
Positives:
*really gorgeous property
*great decor
*super comfy feather bed toppers
*friendly staff
*great food at the cafe & excellect service
*very fun Sunday afternoon party
*really great happy hour
Negatives:
*our room was not cleaned properly while we were there - while our beds were made, our toilet was not cleaned during our visit - a small thing, but there it is - and our sarongs only got changed when i piled them on the floor and put the "sarongs changed daily" sign on top of them
*we had tiny bugs in our bathroom - I know, it's the tropics, but I'm just sayin'
*the pool area does not get direct sunlight during the winter months, only the sun deck
*our room was not ready when we arrived and so we were taken to the cafe for a drink - then we were forgotten about for about an hour until I reminded the front dest that we were still waiting - and our room still wasn't ready.

So, on balance, I'd say it's definitely worth visiting, but if you travel a lot and get to stay at the odd really nice place, you'll know that there are a couple of things that could be improved upon. But, as I mentioned earlier in the review, we'll definitely go back, I'll just moderate my exectations slightly. The great and friendly staff at the cafe are worth a visit if for no other reason.

Room Tip: Get a private bath, sometimes the shared baths were not too clean looking.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank jewt
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The best all male guest house experience available anywhere and all due to attention to detail and impeccable service! Thanks for making my birthday weekend with my friends one to remember!!!

• Stayed January 2012