Island House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Key West
See available hotels
Eden House(Key West)
  • Pool
Marquesa Hotel(Key West)
View Hotel
All reviewsgay resortsun deckvideo roomsteam roomhappy hourgay menpool partiesoutdoor jacuzzishared bathgreat amenitiessmall roompool sideduval streetpoolside barvisiting key westgymih
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2012

stayed there with my partner and had a wonderful time. we never really needed to leave the compound. fine accomidation, full service bar and resturant, gym, pool 2 hot tubs and playroom. dont really need a car either as many things are in walking distance. we were there in the summer off season and were suprised at how busy it was. i would imagine in the winter months this joint is jumping

Room Tip: this is not a cheep place as mens resorts can get top rates, but it was worth it. there are rooms with shared bathe that are fine. the rooms facing the pool will definately have a view. and probably more trafic. brian
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank broy87
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I traveled here with my buddy after our amazing Atlantis cruise in the Caribbean and wow it was magnificent - we hardly left the complex - the food is great and the staff are ALL just simply brilliant - although a little more expensive than the other options available Island house was worth every single penny. It was both relaxing and loads of fun although we had a room right opposite the restaurant there were no issues at all. Absolutely love the staff they are all very professional and a great asset to the House.
Love it Love it Love it!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms upstairs rather than on ground level
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ShaunJCLondon
Reviewed 31 January 2012

So, in returning to KW after 5 years, my man and I wanted to try out a couple different places. Island House was where we landed for the second half of our trip. Let me start off by saying that we would definitely stay here again. It was in some ways more than we expected and in some ways less than expected. I'll break it down.
Positives:
*really gorgeous property
*great decor
*super comfy feather bed toppers
*friendly staff
*great food at the cafe & excellect service
*very fun Sunday afternoon party
*really great happy hour
Negatives:
*our room was not cleaned properly while we were there - while our beds were made, our toilet was not cleaned during our visit - a small thing, but there it is - and our sarongs only got changed when i piled them on the floor and put the "sarongs changed daily" sign on top of them
*we had tiny bugs in our bathroom - I know, it's the tropics, but I'm just sayin'
*the pool area does not get direct sunlight during the winter months, only the sun deck
*our room was not ready when we arrived and so we were taken to the cafe for a drink - then we were forgotten about for about an hour until I reminded the front dest that we were still waiting - and our room still wasn't ready.

So, on balance, I'd say it's definitely worth visiting, but if you travel a lot and get to stay at the odd really nice place, you'll know that there are a couple of things that could be improved upon. But, as I mentioned earlier in the review, we'll definitely go back, I'll just moderate my exectations slightly. The great and friendly staff at the cafe are worth a visit if for no other reason.

Room Tip: Get a private bath, sometimes the shared baths were not too clean looking.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank jewt
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The best all male guest house experience available anywhere and all due to attention to detail and impeccable service! Thanks for making my birthday weekend with my friends one to remember!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank CordeyLash
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My boyfriend and I booked our stay here but were a bit nervous to begin with. We weren't sure what to expect or what the other people at the resort would be like. We were concerned there would be a lack of people in their 20's and 30's as that is the age group in which we fall into. However, all of our concerns were dispelled as soon as we arrived.
When we arrived we were warmly welcomed by Weston and the front desk crew. They took our bags, toured us around the grounds, and showed us to our room. Once we were settled we headed to the poolside bar for a cocktail to wind down from our long day of traveling. We were so relieved to discover that all of the staff were so friendly and welcoming.
Our room was spotless, air conditioned, and so inviting. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept so well all week. Even though we had our own bathroom, I was pleasantly surprised to notice that the shared bathrooms were impeccably clean.
Throughout the rest of our stay we ate all of our Meals at island house and the food was fresh and delicious. There was a wide variety of food options and it was all very reasonably priced.
The daily highlight by far was happy hour when the place came alive. Sunshine, free booze, and great people makes for fun times day after day. Everyone socialized with everyone in a non-threatening way, and it was a great opportunity to make new friends.
Two of the bar staff that helped make our stay so memorable were Frank and Ralph. Both of these guys go above and beyond to make sure everyone has a great stay at island house. It would not be the same place without them.
After only a few short days we made some amazing new friends and have already made plans to return this Summer. We both highly recommend island house and can't wait to return to see all the wonderful people that make it such a memorable place!

• Stayed: August 2011