“3rd time visit...and still charmed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Alexander's Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
San Diego
“3rd time visit...and still charmed”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I had written a previous review from my first visit in July 2010 and my opinion of Alexander's has not changed one bit: its the BEST place to stay in Key West.

The rooms are very tasteful, the staff is super friendly and very attentive, the breakfast and happy hour are wonderful, and the grounds are beautifully maintained.

With this being my third visit in three years I'm starting to feel like a regular. A great part of what brings me back is the way the staff at Alexanders (Agnes, Charlie, Aimee, Jeff, Laura, and Raul) are so welcoming and attentive. Their wartmth and friendliness magnifies the appeal of Alexander's tenfold. I will return again and again and can't wait for my next stay in Key West.

Stephen Nelson
San Diego, CA

Room Tip: Room 10 is very unique with its own private entrance and outdoor shower. Third floor rooms are perfe...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Brandywine, Maryland
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I booked a stay at Alexander's Guest House in August 2011 for a vacation, from June 11-17, 2012, with friends who had stayed there the past two years and I have to admit, Alexander's Guest House surpassed my expectations. This was our first trip (my partner and I) to Key West and we already reserved another stay for next year. The staff Aimee, Laura, Charlie, Raul, Jeff, and Agnes are all top notch. Amiee greeted us with a warm smile and treated us like royalty. Any and eveything we wanted to do they were all more than happy in assisting us in doing it. The know everything about the island. All we had to do was get out and do it. We stayed in room # 9, which I was thinking was going to be a little cramped because of the slanted roof but it was perfect. As for the other guests, I could not have asked for a better group of people to be there with. We all got together and are planning on meeting up there again next year. I have to agree with another person that wrote a review, "It seems more like a vacation with family than a guest house." If you are looking for a great place to stay I highly recommend Alexander's Guest House.

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My partner and I stayed at Alexander's this past weekend for his 30th B-day. Wow what an experince. From the moment you arrive at this great place, you feel more like your visiting friends than staying at a hotel. We stayed in room 10, I highly recomend it, the bathroom and shower are actauly on a garden porch. Charley made a birthday cake for my partner, which was so cool. Jeff was great always ready to help in any way possible. Everyone there is so great. Always greeting you with a warm and sincere smile. Defintley book this guest house. You will not be disapointed.

3 Thank dudeinswfl76
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My partner and I were looking for a nice, intimate place to stay for our one year anniversary.
I have been to Key West many times before and have stayed in several different guest houses.
Alexander's far exceeded our expectations!! From the amazing, super accommodating staff, the exceptionally clean rooms, and the beautiful grounds, we knew immediately that this was it!
From the wonderful breakfast, to the very social happy hour, you couldn't ask for anything more.
We were welcomed with a chilled bottle of wine with a card in our room in celebration of our anniversary! Another nice touch was when Charlie brought out a tray of popsicles for everyone lounging out at the pool....perfect on a sweltering South Florida afternoon!
We rented bicycles, available through the guest house......(no need for a car!).....the best way to get around the island. The Alexander is also a stones throw from Duval, so if you don't want to bike it, walk it!
A special thanks to Laura, the manager, for going above and beyond the "call of duty" for putting our minds at ease when our flight back to Ft.Lauderdale was changed half a dozen times throughout the day. We were already checked out, and she was kind enough to put us in another room "just in case!"
We are planning our next trip for August, only this time for a longer stay!
Thanks again to Laura, Charlie, Raul, Jeff, Aimee, and Agnes!!! We love you guys!!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any of the rooms.....our room was right outside of the "Happy Hour,&quo...
1 Thank hookedonlcdm
Guildford, surrey
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

We've Been to Alexander's so many times. We stayed in march/April over Easter ( sorry for late review). It is the most relaxing, friendly and comfortable hotel we have ever stayed at and will be back again next Easter. Cocktail hour is fab. The staff can not do enough for you. Charlie is amazing! Thanks again for a lovely stay.

• Stayed March 2012