Alexander's Gay and Lesbian Guesthouse
Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 201
Orchid Key Inn(Key West)
US$ 290
  • Breakfast included
1,124 results
All reviewsother guestshappy hourguest housestraight couplesalready booked for next yearplace to stayquichenever stay anywhere elsefleming streetthe entire staffdaily breakfastisland houseeach morningcocktail hourhome away from homehot tubtrip to key west
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I booked a stay at Alexander's Guest House in August 2011 for a vacation, from June 11-17, 2012, with friends who had stayed there the past two years and I have to admit, Alexander's Guest House surpassed my expectations. This was our first trip (my partner and I) to Key West and we already reserved another stay for next year. The staff Aimee, Laura, Charlie, Raul, Jeff, and Agnes are all top notch. Amiee greeted us with a warm smile and treated us like royalty. Any and eveything we wanted to do they were all more than happy in assisting us in doing it. The know everything about the island. All we had to do was get out and do it. We stayed in room # 9, which I was thinking was going to be a little cramped because of the slanted roof but it was perfect. As for the other guests, I could not have asked for a better group of people to be there with. We all got together and are planning on meeting up there again next year. I have to agree with another person that wrote a review, "It seems more like a vacation with family than a guest house." If you are looking for a great place to stay I highly recommend Alexander's Guest House.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

My partner and I stayed at Alexander's this past weekend for his 30th B-day. Wow what an experince. From the moment you arrive at this great place, you feel more like your visiting friends than staying at a hotel. We stayed in room 10, I highly recomend it, the bathroom and shower are actauly on a garden porch. Charley made a birthday cake for my partner, which was so cool. Jeff was great always ready to help in any way possible. Everyone there is so great. Always greeting you with a warm and sincere smile. Defintley book this guest house. You will not be disapointed.

3  Thank dudeinswfl76
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My partner and I were looking for a nice, intimate place to stay for our one year anniversary.
I have been to Key West many times before and have stayed in several different guest houses.
Alexander's far exceeded our expectations!! From the amazing, super accommodating staff, the exceptionally clean rooms, and the beautiful grounds, we knew immediately that this was it!
From the wonderful breakfast, to the very social happy hour, you couldn't ask for anything more.
We were welcomed with a chilled bottle of wine with a card in our room in celebration of our anniversary! Another nice touch was when Charlie brought out a tray of popsicles for everyone lounging out at the pool....perfect on a sweltering South Florida afternoon!
We rented bicycles, available through the guest house......(no need for a car!).....the best way to get around the island. The Alexander is also a stones throw from Duval, so if you don't want to bike it, walk it!
A special thanks to Laura, the manager, for going above and beyond the "call of duty" for putting our minds at ease when our flight back to Ft.Lauderdale was changed half a dozen times throughout the day. We were already checked out, and she was kind enough to put us in another room "just in case!"
We are planning our next trip for August, only this time for a longer stay!
Thanks again to Laura, Charlie, Raul, Jeff, Aimee, and Agnes!!! We love you guys!!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any of the rooms.....our room was right outside of the "Happy Hour," and it was amazingly quiet!
1  Thank hookedonlcdm
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

We've Been to Alexander's so many times. We stayed in march/April over Easter ( sorry for late review). It is the most relaxing, friendly and comfortable hotel we have ever stayed at and will be back again next Easter. Cocktail hour is fab. The staff can not do enough for you. Charlie is amazing! Thanks again for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank japers
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This was my 2nd visit to Alexander's and I must say that they welcome you "home" like old friends that have been missed. The rooms are always exceptionally clean and very tastefully decorated and "cool" which is a huge welcome from the Key West Sun!!! The daily happy hours and morning breakfasts were always very welcoming, laid back and delicious! I highly recommend this guesthouse to anyone visiting Key West wanting a relaxing get-away!

1  Thank CBananas