Avalon Bed and Breakfast
Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 270
US$ 232
  • Pool
Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 297
US$ 258
US$ 376
US$ 336
  • Pool
The Gardens Hotel(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 304
US$ 228
Official Site
US$ 257
US$ 226
Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 234
  • Pool
Sheraton Suites Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 360
US$ 318
  • Pool
Lighthouse Court Hotel in Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 258
US$ 369
US$ 313
  • Restaurant
US$ 370
1,176 results
All reviewsfront porchsouthernmost pointquiet end of duval streetsmall queen roomafternoon cookiesbagelsrose petalssmall poolbutterfly conservatoryiced teacharming b bsouth enddirectly across the streetevery morningbreakfast was excellentpeople watchingbreakfast is served
Reviewed 3 April 2012

we stayed at the Avalon for a quick 2 night trip. The place is very cute - (meaning nice however, small). We checked in after hours, and that still went quite smoothly, once we figured out the parking situation. That was the only downside, there is NO PARKING on site. You must park out front to drop your bags, and then park about a block away and walk back. That did not bother us, just wish I would have known. Maybe I just missed that on the website? the room was nice, very comfortable bed. VERY SMALL RESTROOM. - and I mean SMALL. since we were only here for a short stay, it did not bother us too much. The location was PERFECT! you actually park right down from the southern most point - which I guess is a plus on the parking?;-), I am very picky about the hotels I stay in, and I would stay here again - if it were a short trip. everything about this place is quite small - but very nice. We felt comfortable and welcome. The breakfast could also start a little earlier, however we are early birds. Also, it is a continental breakfast, rather than the whole eggs and bacon traditional American breakfast.

Room Tip: you may look for a larger room than the standard if staying awhille
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2012

On quiet end of Duval St, 2 blocks from the beach, 20 min walk to the north end warfs. The Inn keepers and help are wonderful. Porch faces west over Duval St. Pay no attention to the "nay sayers". After looking over other places to stay in KW once we were here, this place is perfect for the value. It's warm and welcoming, still with in walking distance of everything.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Mike R
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Being on Duval in Key West is important. Everything is on that street. The Avalon is on the quiet end, so it good for relaxation and rest, and then you can walk to all the action.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Avalon B&B is right in the heart of Key West, yet a quiet oasis as well. My room was best for a 'single' which I am, and was a welcome retreat any time of the day. The staff is friendly and helpful, and very professional. My room did not have a closet, which for some might prove problematic, but did have a hook with hangers. I was there at the height of the season, and found the price reasonable for that time of year. The room was clean and bright, and well looked after each day. My only negative about the room was the modest water pressure in the shower. OK, but not great. A water saver head might help.

Continental breakfast on the porch affords the opportunity to people watch, and/or chat with your fellow 'innmates'. Nice variety, with plenty of coffee and fresh fruit.

This is not a place for the 'party hearty', and that was fine with me. The pool is a 'dipping' pool, and not for swimming, but there are many chairs for reading and sunning. All in all, it is a place I will return to without hesitation.

Room Tip: I only saw my room. But, my room had 17 steps leading to it. For me, that was no problem, but you should ask about that before booking.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Even the hotel is very cute and small and typical to Key West area the rate for a small room is just ridiculously high. The hotel room will even be considered very small for European standard. First of all it’s located on the back of the house with very noisy A/C working on the back of the house. The bed is a queen size (can’t imagine large American couple fit there). The location is good and the breakfast served on the veranda was nice. This hotel has also really helpful staff that answer all your request immediately via mail that does not seem to be the case with the big chain hotels. The internet did not work in the room and the pool was dirty and very small, so don’t plan anytime there. I understand Key West is very expensive but this was the worst hotel room purchase during our Florida trip being the most expensive one.

Room Tip: not book the small room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple