Angelina Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 232
US$ 224
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$ 494
  • Restaurant
US$ 280
US$ 258
Travelocity
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
US$ 1,147
US$ 468
US$ 410
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$ 256
US$ 189
TripAdvisor
US$ 362
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshomemade cinnamon rollsb bbagelsshared bathcanned fruittwo blocksduval streetblue heaven restauranthard boiled eggsbahama villagepool areaother guestsgreen parrotevery morningprivate bathroomfridge and microwaveold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I selected the Angelina because I needed an affordable place to sleep for one night after my tour ended. Comparing this guest house to the traditional Hyatt where I stayed during the tour would be like comparing apples and oranges. But in its far less formal way, The Angelina was every bit as pleasant.
I arrived 2 hours before check in and needed to linger in Key West for an additional 2 or 3 hours after check out. No matter.I was encouraged to use the pool or simply enjoy the relaxing garden.I especially appreciated the fact that I could use their computer to catch up on email.
My room with its cheerful yellow and blue fabric, wicker furniture and picket fence head board was spotless and comfortable. Part of the fun of the Angelina is that it is a former bordello. The rooms had names like Candie and Brandie. My room was Tina.
Any concerns I initially had about a shared bath vanished quickly. There was never a traffic jam of any sort.
Because this was a guest house rather than a B&B, I was told that they served a continental breakfast. Well this was SOME continental breakfast...eggs, yoghurt, etc., etc., I especially enjoyed the home baked cinnamon buns.I liked the informality of enjoying this at a large kitchen table and chatting with some of the other guests.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Eileen E
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We have been coming to Key West to vacation for many years, and have stayed at many different hotels/bed & breakfasts. We came across The Angelina on Trip Advisor with it's many excellent reviews - and we weren't disappointed! The owners were so friendly and made us feel right at home. The location - perfect! We loved having the bike rental on site. It rained for much of our stay, so we weren't able to enjoy the pool as much as we would have liked, but the mornings were mostly dry for us to enjoy the yummy cinnamon rolls (also bagels, fruit, etc.) and coffee (and laugh about the adventures from the day before...) by the pool. There are plenty of tables and other seating throughout the outdoor areas. I have to say that the thing that stands out for me here was the SUPER comfortable king bed. It was heavenly! Our room also had a minifridge and a nice sized vanity area in the bathroom - and it was quiet.
Our next trip back, we won't stay anywhere else! Thanks!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank TeresaAnn231
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We stayed at the Angelina about four years ago and just spent another three days there. When we left this time my only regret was that we did not stay for another couple of days. I cannot imagine staying any where else in Key West. The guesthouse is made up of a interesting couple of older buildings (one large plus a smaller one) and is comfy, beautiful with the greenery and pool, absolutely clean everywhere, and as affordable as you can find in Key West. Book early if you are thinking about a stay at the Angelina. Please be aware that the rooms are somewhat small and little is fancy. Most rooms do not have TVs but do have radio alarm clocks. But the chairs on the balconies and around the pool give you extra room to relax. Breakfast (8:00 to 10:30) gives you time to catch some sleep if you partied long into the night on Duval and if you need to dodge the delicious homemade cinnamon rolls there are plenty of other choices for you. The Angelina is two blocks from busy Duval and walkable to the major sites, shops, and restaurants you might want to visit. Save for the occasional rooster (common in Key West) the place is quiet. We enjoyed visiting with some other guests over breakfast which you can eat around the pool area. And again we exchanged a book from their upstairs book shelves. The owners are hard working and friendly and manager Stephanie is terrific.

Room Tip: Book early. This place is really popular!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank unclelouie
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We loved this place. Very clean and comfortable. Great location , quiet and ample breakfast . Wonderful home made cinnamon buns . Pool was kept so warm and very private. .

Room Tip: Best place we have ever stayed at.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patti C
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We stayed three nights at The Angelina with two nights in Kitty and one night in Dolly since we hadn't planned on staying the extra night but just didn't want to leave The Angelina. Kitty was booked for our third night so they switched us over to Dolly in the main house. Kitty comes with two full size beds and a nice bathroom, which was perfect. Very little road noise in this room and it was nice having the fridge. Dolly was much smaller with just a full size bed and very little room in the room for much else than the bed! We were having so much fun in Key West that it really didn't matter and there is a community fridge down the hall that we were able to use so it worked out fine. Everything about The Angelina is wonderful...the location is a nice easy walk to the Hemingway House, Duval Street entertainment, Ft. Zachary Taylor fort and beach and especially Blue Heaven. We ate one dinner there and as many have stated, it was a bit pricy, but very delicious seafood and great ambiance. The pool at The Angelina is heated nicely and is a nice respite from the world around you. Not much sun at the pool with all the great trees but in the heat of the season, the trees and shade would be wonderful. Kevin, Janet and Stephanie are great hosts and are always nearby if you need anything. I would highly recommend this oasis for anybody coming to Key West and will certainly tell my friends and family about what a great place it is. The breakfast in the morning is perfect and oh, those cinnamon rolls are just wonderful. Thank you Kevin, Janet and Stephanie for making a memorable stay for my wife and I as we had a great time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple