“The most awesome place to stay in Key West”

Angelina Guest House
Ranked #25 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
“The most awesome place to stay in Key West”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this place. The owners are a daily presence. They and their staff are friendly and accommodating. They go out of their way to make your visit to Key West a memorable experience. The beds are very comfortable, the whole facility is clean, the pool is wonderful. It's close enough to walk to just about everything, yet quiet and peaceful. And it seems the nicest people stay there. I've made many new friends among the other guests. Oh, and did I mention that the home-made cinnamon rolls, baked fresh every morning, are to die for? I will be returning to Key West, and will definitely be staying there. A word of warning - book early to insure the dates you want...half the people I met were multi-repeat guests. Now I will be one of those people!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Pattypoo2
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Jenkintown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I selected the Angelina because I needed an affordable place to sleep for one night after my tour ended. Comparing this guest house to the traditional Hyatt where I stayed during the tour would be like comparing apples and oranges. But in its far less formal way, The Angelina was every bit as pleasant.
I arrived 2 hours before check in and needed to linger in Key West for an additional 2 or 3 hours after check out. No matter.I was encouraged to use the pool or simply enjoy the relaxing garden.I especially appreciated the fact that I could use their computer to catch up on email.
My room with its cheerful yellow and blue fabric, wicker furniture and picket fence head board was spotless and comfortable. Part of the fun of the Angelina is that it is a former bordello. The rooms had names like Candie and Brandie. My room was Tina.
Any concerns I initially had about a shared bath vanished quickly. There was never a traffic jam of any sort.
Because this was a guest house rather than a B&B, I was told that they served a continental breakfast. Well this was SOME continental breakfast...eggs, yoghurt, etc., etc., I especially enjoyed the home baked cinnamon buns.I liked the informality of enjoying this at a large kitchen table and chatting with some of the other guests.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Eileen E
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

We have been coming to Key West to vacation for many years, and have stayed at many different hotels/bed & breakfasts. We came across The Angelina on Trip Advisor with it's many excellent reviews - and we weren't disappointed! The owners were so friendly and made us feel right at home. The location - perfect! We loved having the bike rental on site. It rained for much of our stay, so we weren't able to enjoy the pool as much as we would have liked, but the mornings were mostly dry for us to enjoy the yummy cinnamon rolls (also bagels, fruit, etc.) and coffee (and laugh about the adventures from the day before...) by the pool. There are plenty of tables and other seating throughout the outdoor areas. I have to say that the thing that stands out for me here was the SUPER comfortable king bed. It was heavenly! Our room also had a minifridge and a nice sized vanity area in the bathroom - and it was quiet.
Our next trip back, we won't stay anywhere else! Thanks!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank TeresaAnn231
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

We stayed at the Angelina about four years ago and just spent another three days there. When we left this time my only regret was that we did not stay for another couple of days. I cannot imagine staying any where else in Key West. The guesthouse is made up of a interesting couple of older buildings (one large plus a smaller one) and is comfy, beautiful with the greenery and pool, absolutely clean everywhere, and as affordable as you can find in Key West. Book early if you are thinking about a stay at the Angelina. Please be aware that the rooms are somewhat small and little is fancy. Most rooms do not have TVs but do have radio alarm clocks. But the chairs on the balconies and around the pool give you extra room to relax. Breakfast (8:00 to 10:30) gives you time to catch some sleep if you partied long into the night on Duval and if you need to dodge the delicious homemade cinnamon rolls there are plenty of other choices for you. The Angelina is two blocks from busy Duval and walkable to the major sites, shops, and restaurants you might want to visit. Save for the occasional rooster (common in Key West) the place is quiet. We enjoyed visiting with some other guests over breakfast which you can eat around the pool area. And again we exchanged a book from their upstairs book shelves. The owners are hard working and friendly and manager Stephanie is terrific.

Room Tip: Book early. This place is really popular!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank unclelouie
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

We loved this place. Very clean and comfortable. Great location , quiet and ample breakfast . Wonderful home made cinnamon buns . Pool was kept so warm and very private. .

Room Tip: Best place we have ever stayed at.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple